• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I ordered a silverback a few weeks back and it didn't take long at all to arrive. Haven't used it yet. I conveniently cracked my ribs falling off a jetski a few days before it arrived. However, the bag itself is awesome and I cannot wait to use it.

How many discs can you max out on stuffing in the silverback??

The site says 14-16. I can fit 16 in my fade crunch(thier site says 1, stuffed but it fits.

Can you fit 20+ in a silverback? Or would the kong be the better choice?

How many discs can you max out on stuffing in the silverback??

The site says 14-16. I can fit 16 in my fade crunch(thier site says 1, stuffed but it fits.

Can you fit 20+ in a silverback? Or would the kong be the better choice?

Depends on what you're throwing. If i fill the pocket behind the putter with 3 putters(somewhat tight fit, especially with rubbery grippy putters that don't slide in). If I was to carry 1 more driver to fill the main compartment, and 1 more putter behind the putter pocket I'd have 4 putters, 6 midrange, and 9 drivers which comes out to 19. I carry with 1 less driver than that since it makes it easier to put discs in and out, and 1 less putter because those 2 extra are just for practice.

So if you can stand to carry something like that then silverback but if you need the 20+ just grab a kong.

Last edited:
right now I carry 9 drivers, 4 mids and 2 putters(in the putter pocket) of my fade crunch. I would like room for about 1 more putter, 1 more mid and 1 more driver does that put me in kong territory or would I be fine with a silverback? If the silverback is fine I would probably rather carry it since its lighter weight and cheaper, but I would also hate to skimp and wish I had more room later (even though I carry more discs than I need to now)

right now I carry 9 drivers, 4 mids and 2 putters(in the putter pocket) of my fade crunch. I would like room for about 1 more putter, 1 more mid and 1 more driver does that put me in kong territory or would I be fine with a silverback? If the silverback is fine I would probably rather carry it since its lighter weight and cheaper, but I would also hate to skimp and wish I had more room later (even though I carry more discs than I need to now)

That's me exactly but i have 14 in fade. 4 putts, 3 mid, 7 drivers. Haha I want room for one more mid and one to two mote drivers or backup of same disc

Kong would be too large, you'd probably easily still have space left for more discs if you went with a silverback.

so 10 drivers, 5 mids and 3 putter would easily fit into a silverback? If so it would be perfect!

so 10 drivers, 5 mids and 3 putter would easily fit into a silverback? If so it would be perfect!

Well right now I fit 6 mids, 9 drivers and 3 putters in mine. So substitute a midrange for a driver, and you'll have a bit of wiggle room, but might not fit more in the main compartment. Putter wise I leave 2 in the zipper pocket behind the putter pocket which holds my main and pretty much only used putter.

Actually though since I took my katana out(don't use it and it's sort of valuable) and plan to sell my shark to a friend. I'll end up with 9 drivers(added a stalker in place of the katana), 5 midranges and a wizard in the main compartment.

Last edited:
When there going to be another deal for dgc memebers?

I am still havily debating on the silverback or the kong.

Can i see pics of you full silver back. I think Im going to carry around 17 discs with 4 putters 4 mids and rest drivers.

TIA

I play most of my rounds at Buffalo Ridge Park in Phoenix. It's a very rugged mountain course that eats up bags. I went through my first Innova bag in just under a year, and then a got a fade gear bag which only lasted 5 months. Will your bags last more than a year at sucha rough course?

I play most of my rounds at Buffalo Ridge Park in Phoenix. It's a very rugged mountain course that eats up bags. I went through my first Innova bag in just under a year, and then a got a fade gear bag which only lasted 5 months. Will your bags last more than a year at sucha rough course?

I've never seen a Fade bag in person, but GB bags are much, MUCH more durable than Innova bags.

That course looks like it'd be hell on discs as well.

my bags will hold up better than what you said you've had....but of course depending on how rough the terain and weather or not you over fill the bag or how you personaly handle the bag will all make a huge difference on how long any bag you would buy will last...I do warranty the workmanship on my bags but not normal wear.

You could always get one and try plastidiping the bottom like someone here on the forums did.

When there going to be another deal for dgc memebers?

I am still havily debating on the silverback or the kong.

Can i see pics of you full silver back. I think Im going to carry around 17 discs with 4 putters 4 mids and rest drivers.

TIA

I've changed up my discs a bit since I sold a midrange I never use to a friend, but here's my bag.

From left to right The discs are: SS Wizard, DX Stingray, First run Star Mako, Gold line Core, DX Ontario Roc, Star SM Roc, Champ Leopard, Star TL, Glow Z Stalker, Gold Line Striker, Star Roadrunner, FLX Avenger SS, Star Valkyrie, Champ Valkyrie. There is still space at the end you can see for at least another driver and a bit of wiggle room to be able to remove discs and put them back without having to tug or push much.

Attachments

• Current discs in bag.jpg
    Current discs in bag.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 33
  • front view.jpg
    front view.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 46
at the Dubs event i ran today...there were TWO....digi camo simians :)

Latest posts