• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

got hit by my first disc today

discin311

Birdie Member
I was playin a round with a buddy i was done puttin and was by the hole waiting for him to put when I see a disc flying at me i hit my in the ankle. the hole is a blind shot down a hill a group of 3 guys have been behind from hole 1 and this was 8. anyway i yell WTF a few times then i hear them say sorry we didn't think we u were there. anyone else been hit? This really pissed me off didn't hurt to much then on the next hole i tee off and hit chains and it falls out bad luck today

My buddy got hit in the ankle by a CRUSHER yesterday. He says he can't walk today.

Never been hit or hit anyone, but I have accidentally thrown on people on blind holes a couple times so don't let it piss you off too much cause it was probably just a honest mistake.

It happens, my brother nailed me in the temple with a putt when I went to clear the basket.

Seriously, don't be mad at the people who hit you.. unless you could tell they saw you and were riding your back-end all day. It happens.

i was with a buddy and he hit this dude (accidentally) who had already been a delta bravo to us before. guy got all pissed even though we yelled fore and he tried to fight us. big mofo too, turns out he's a bouncer.
how do you get in a fight on a disc golf course? who'd have thought?

dreadlock86;127021 how do you get in a fight on a disc golf course? [/QUOTE said:
I'd imagine the gentlemanly thing to do would be to line up ala 'red rover' call them on over, then fire discs at each other until there's one left standing.

i was with a buddy and he hit this dude (accidentally) who had already been a delta bravo to us before. guy got all pissed even though we yelled fore and he tried to fight us. big mofo too, turns out he's a bouncer.
how do you get in a fight on a disc golf course? who'd have thought?

Did y'all see him before you threw? Yelling "fore" doesn't excuse you from throwing on people if you see them beforehand.

Next time it could be you on the other side and you hit someone. You might feel bad for doing so. I suppose it is part of the game, throwing plastic discs at high speeds around other people, it is bound to happen to us all one day.

I narrowly avoided disaster the other day... Heard a 'fore' call and turned my head to look at the last tee. Out of the very corner of my peripheral vision I saw something (happened to be an overstable driver on a stall out fade drop) and dodged with haste. The darn thing graved my visor brim, as I pulled my self backwards. Would have hit me straight in the side of the head, had I not reacted. The course we were on lends itself to this sort of thing, so I wasn't mad (have hit folks here before, and put several shots that scared folks). I have been hit before, but I've never really taken a serious disc to the dome, or other devastating place.

been hit by drives twice , once in the shoulders(back) by locals playing a "local" alternate which kinda pssied me off as i was on a real hole but they didnt know we were there and apoligized so i blew it off. Then once in the head ( sorta blocked by my hands since the yelled fore ) from the last holes tee while i was waiting to tee off on the next hole .

both times it was with good plastic on the end of its flight so was more funny than anything else.
i know it looks stupid and i get teased sometimes for doing the duck and cover when people yell fore
but its better than getting hit in the eye waiting to see the disc and figure out whether to move or not.
I didnt count putting hits as i cant rememeber how many cause i play with a few of those minute pre-putt guys that are still pumping away while the other five are going to get their disc out.

The thing I do is when I hear someone yell "Fore" or Look out! I cover my head with my arms and duck, and I don't move from this position till I hear the disc hit the ground or someone says its clear. This position protects my face and head. The worst thing you can do is look around when you hear someone yell. I duck and cover.

sometimes i dont know what to yell.
For exp. dgers its fore ,for noobs and non-dgers its look out and heads up, and for stupid dgers i dont know whether i should say something or not ive gotta think well how stupid are these guys their not looking at me so if i yell fore are they gonna turn around and look and if they are looking at me if i yell they might say what and come closer to hear me.

You got hit by your first disc? Dang, what kind of karma is that? I threw my first disc into the river!

Oh but yeah, I've been hit - in the neck by my daughter from about 25 feet away. Fortunately she was only 12 at the time, but it still stung.

Re what to do when somebody yells "fore": I put one hand over my face and the other over the family jewels. Everything else will heal quickly. :D

Re what to do when somebody yells "fore": I put one hand over my face and the other over the family jewels. Everything else will heal quickly. :D
good thinking if you gotta go to the hospital you need to see to drive and there might be a good looking nurse there to nock your junk around and if you cant see ...... wait if i couldnt see i guess it wouldnt matter if she was good looking or not , maybe i should put both hands over my jewels instead:)

I too got hit with my first disk a week ago. I was teeing off on a pretty tight fairway and threw too far to the right. My disk went right into some pretty thick trees about 15-20 feet high (did i mention that i threw the disk too high). The two guys that i was playing with climbed the two trees that were intertwined and were holding my disk. After shaking the tree for about 30 secs i decided to stand under and see if i could see the disc. As soon as i looked up my disc came flying out and hit me in the bridge of the nose. Blood started pouring out of my nose so i tore a piece of my shirt and jammed it up and played with a chunk of my shirt up my nose for the last 13 holes.

No broken nose just pain and a lot of blood. Wish i had it on video. pain with absolutely no gain for me.

Three for this one:
1) I got clocked with an Aerobie in the forehead. Had a bruise across my forehead for a week. Got tired of explaining that one.
2) We were playing Guts in the hallway at college with a 165 World class when a dude stepped out of the shower room. He walked right into it, caught it in the jaw and hit the floor out cold.
3) Had a friend who had a 180 gm Cobra he wrote "The Decapitator" on.

My daughter is 4 1/2 and tries to throw side armed. Her first attempt she hit me in the disc golf bags if you know what I mean. Thank God she is little and does not pack much of a punch. Now I stand behind her several feet away.

Latest posts