• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Cream?

so wait, what is the problem with your hands during the winter? are they getting too dry, getting wet? i'm not sure i understand. there are many quick and easy fixes to help with grip. i just blow warm air into my balled hand or use a bit of dirt from around the tee/the birdie bag, that always gives me the grip i need to properly toss

Atleast in my case, In the winter my hands get dry and dont provide great grip. So before most shots, i lick my fingers to get some grip. Im guessing that this would do that

Edit: you played foosball professionally?

Playing in the snow your disc almost always has some moisture on it, I think I actually get better grip on my mvp mids in the snow than on a hot dry day.
Having to apply cream to your hand several times a round sounds like a pain.

Birdie Bag, and the hand blowing thing works just fine also. You start whipping out creams on the course people are gonna look at you funny

Wow, there's a bad joke in here somewhere. Nice thread title. Birdie bag, or some of that powder that climbers use. I've seen a couple guys carry that with them. I tried it once. Works well.

so wait, what is the problem with your hands during the winter? are they getting too dry, getting wet? i'm not sure i understand. there are many quick and easy fixes to help with grip. i just blow warm air into my balled hand or use a bit of dirt from around the tee/the birdie bag, that always gives me the grip i need to properly toss

I don't have a problem. Just kind of a thought. Then I remembered the grip cream I'd seen. Here's where the thought came from.

I was playing yesterday and I put hand lotion on before I played. I noticed that when it dried to a point, it became tacky enough to improve my grip. (Particularly on champ and ESP plastic.) The tackiness only lasted a few throws. Now I'm thinking more along the lines of having a sticky substance on my finger tips throughout a round.

I'm glad you mentioned dirt though. That'd suck having dirt stuck to your finger tips while playing. Like I said just a thought. I come up with some weird stuff while playing alone. That's why I do it.

Most of the suggestions you guys have made have been for drying hands. Birdie bags, Antibacterial Gel, etc. etc. do great at drying up sweat and giving you better grip, but I think what the OP is going for is Grip in the winter when hands dry out easier.

I've tried a lot of stuff, lotions, gels, birdie bag, even coating my hand in petroleum jelly and letting it sit on there for a while. I think Hand Lotion actually dries the skin out more, or at least makes your hand smoother which isn't really what you need.

I was playing a round the other day, and met up with another group just in time to see one of the guys in the other group grip lock and throw his drive into the street that was to the right. His buddy joked you should have used this and handed him a bag he found on the course a few rounds ago. It was a bag with a small towel that was SUPER tacky, that you just grab the towel with your fingertips to apply extra tack. I tried it and kind of liked it as it seemed to help my "rip", I am thinking of buying some to test out.
Here is the product: http://www.gorillagold.com/

I think Hand Lotion actually dries the skin out more, or at least makes your hand smoother which isn't really what you need.

It depends on the lotion. I look for lotion with mineral oil. It works better than glycerin. When my hands get real bad I use a cow udder rub with quinaline (?sp) in a petrolatum base. It's smelly, greasy stuff but it really works well.

I think organic solutions are favorable to some form of manufactured products...use dirt, lick your fingers, blow on your hands. Should cover everything

I have a problem with grip in the winter when my hands dry out. It's especially bad when I use those hand-warmers as they suck all the moisture out of my hands.

I usually just grab a bit of snow and/or blow into my hand to get some moisture.

In general, I never seem to have a problem with sweat/water messing with my grip, it's dryness, which is why I can't use that birdie bag stuff. The disc will just slip right out.

Have you ever thought of stopping by a music store in your area? Usually they have some sort of tacky substance that drummers use to keep a good grip on their sticks. Might be a cheap option.

Have you ever thought of stopping by a music store in your area? Usually they have some sort of tacky substance that drummers use to keep a good grip on their sticks. Might be a cheap option.

That's why I started this thread. I've never heard of such a thing. I just move the pianos.:D

Latest posts