• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

So after months of this being out on the market, I finally saw one of these bags, and got to wear it for a little. So here are my thoughts

Very solid bag, it was a lot more comfortable than the L series i saw an tried on. Very solid construction and it can hold a good number of discs. It is very comfortable on the back but it felt wide to me..wider than my contender, could have just been me but the rails really make a difference on the ground and it really is a solid bag....just my opinion though i still honestly believe it doesn't warrant a 252$ price tag. But they sell so that doesn't matter.

So after months of this being out on the market, I finally saw one of these bags, and got to wear it for a little. So here are my thoughts

Very solid bag, it was a lot more comfortable than the L series i saw an tried on. Very solid construction and it can hold a good number of discs. It is very comfortable on the back but it felt wide to me..wider than my contender, could have just been me but the rails really make a difference on the ground and it really is a solid bag....just my opinion though i still honestly believe it doesn't warrant a 252$ price tag. But they sell so that doesn't matter.

It's just your imagination. It's much narrower than the Contender. I had them side-by-side today before I sold my Contender. The Contender held 24 in the main compartment and I can only get 19 in my new Grip A-Series ($222 with free shipping). I was planning on discing down anyhow.

But back to comfort... no comparison at all. The PF Contender was like wearing steel-toed boots and the GripEQ A-series is like wearing slippers. The PF bag is a tank, but I always knew it was back there. The Grip feels like I have nothing on. The secret is in the straps... the U shape of the Grip straps vs. the straight style of the PF is the difference... and thus maybe why it feels wider. Worth every penny I spend. Especially since my caddy (read that as wife) refused to carry my Contender and loves my Grip.

I WAS THERE TOO! Twice, actually.

They do have green and blue. Do it. Buy them. Grip bags are awesome.

Agree with you on this. The rails are amazing for keeping stuff off of the bottom of the bag. I beat my L series to death and the bottom looked like new when I sold it. The A Series has the same rails. Great, great bag.

Got my grey/black in last Thursday and played a few rounds. Pretty solid and I'm no where near as beat after the round. My home course is pretty lengthy and can take a good portion of the day if you're playing in a group. The bag was able to hold everything in my innova competition bag and then some.

Do I think the bag was a bit pricey? Yes. Did I sell excess plastic and bags to pay for it? Yes. No regrets here!

I got my new bag today. So Stoked! Had made zipper pulls before it got here! Now its time to use it as much as possible. I am glad I went with a grip bag, I was debating between it and ergo 2 for several months, I think I made the better choice! Hey does anyone plasti dip the bottom of their bag and if so does it void the warranty? Thanks
0_zpsb61074aa.jpeg.html

I want to say "yes" it will void the warranty. I've been meaning to email Grip again to ask what can be done to NOT void the warranty.

They sell because they are the only thing available. Everything cheaper is already sold out. Only option is a upper park design and there pack is a little light on space for me. All the real tour backpacks are unavailable period. Except for ranger. Only reason it's not sold out is design and wear issues.
Ergo 2 with vertical storage. Nope. Ozarks. Nah. It's grip or nothing right now. I'd love to here about other options because it Kinda sucks.

Why would you plasti dip a grip? It sits off the ground and has rails.

BIG SALE:

From Glide's facebook page:

Just $176 for Grip's black and black/gray A-Series Tour Bags!!!

FREE SHIPPING!!!

November 27th - December 2nd

The shop recently switched to off season hours (Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays) and we are closed on Thanksgiving. This means that this Saturday is the only day the shop is open during this sale.

If you want to take advantage of this great deal, call us on Saturday from 10:00-6:00 (CST) at (608)285-5190 with a MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover Card.

We realize that we are giving our customers a very small window to call us. With that being said, if you can't call us on Saturday, please send us a message via Facebook or email Mike ([email protected]) between now and December 2nd and he will work something out with you.

Holy cow thats a good deal. I liked the colors better but saving that much on it might be worth it. Now if only I can pull that cash together.

The search is over.
I now have a backpack bag.

Now the delivery wait begins...

My wife's gonna kill me when she finds out.

"Mark it down, and they shall.....buy" (Hell the other way would have worked too)

Latest posts