• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

Anyone know how much a Grip weighs empty? (pounds and ounces, please -- I am looking at Ergo 2, Upper Park Rebel, and Grip, and weight is a major factor in this decision for a 230-250 dollar bag).

Almost Free Grip Trick

So I am trying carry fewer molds when I play and the grip bag makes that very difficult because when you carry less than 14 the discs start to fall over and become a pain in the ass to get out.

I was thinking of making a PVC frame to hold up the discs but figured it would add too much extra weight. I could just carry more backup discs that I already own and achieve the same effect.

I was trying to think of things that I could put in the disc compartment to take up space but not add weight and it dawned on me. Stick an old Tupperware in there!

It works great! With this container that lunch meat comes in I can fit 13 discs without having to cram them in and as little as 7 without them tipping over too far.

Attachments

• griptrick.jpg
    griptrick.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 96
So I am trying carry fewer molds when I play and the grip bag makes that very difficult because when you carry less than 14 the discs start to fall over and become a pain in the ass to get out.

I was thinking of making a PVC frame to hold up the discs but figured it would add too much extra weight. I could just carry more backup discs that I already own and achieve the same effect.

I was trying to think of things that I could put in the disc compartment to take up space but not add weight and it dawned on me. Stick an old Tupperware in there!

It works great! With this container that lunch meat comes in I can fit 13 discs without having to cram them in and as little as 7 without them tipping over too far.

I toss my rain coat in there.
I think ideally a innova u - channel would be best.

Yes I know this thread is old. I just ordered two 32oz Hydro Flasks. I assume they'll fit fine in my A-Seroes. Will 40oz Hydro Flasks fit?

Yes I know this thread is old. I just ordered two 32oz Hydro Flasks. I assume they'll fit fine in my A-Seroes. Will 40oz Hydro Flasks fit?
Yes, the 40 oz Hydro Flask has the same diameter as the 32. I have a couple of 40 oz Hydro Flasks and they fit fine in my A14. The Hydro Flasks will fit everywhere a Nalgene will fit.

Also, the Nalgene OTF lids fit the Hydro Flask 32/40 as well. It makes it easy to have a 1 handed drink and is a more secure lid vs. the fliptop lid from Hydro Flask.

Does anyone have a purple grip bag??? I love the color purple but the grip purple looks more blue than purple in pics and I don't like that. Hoping to hear from someone with some experience in person. I plan to order one today so please help me out DGCR! Thank you

Does anyone have a purple grip bag??? I love the color purple but the grip purple looks more blue than purple in pics and I don't like that. Hoping to hear from someone with some experience in person. I plan to order one today so please help me out DGCR! Thank you

I responded in your other thread, but I have the A14 with the terrain graphic on the bottom. I received it June 2014 and use it for most to all of my casual rounds, so it has seen some wear. The bag itself is still in excellent condition and remains more purple than blue. It was never a deep purple, but it would never be confused for blue, even with its seasoning and or from a distance.

Does anyone know if Grip is releasing a new bag? I can't find a thread on the AX15. I'm going to be buying an AX15 on Friday. I'll wait & reconsider if a newer version is going to be released this year. Anyone have any info? Also, how many more discs can you really fit in an AX15 than a A-Series? I currently own a A-Series & fit 18 in the main compartment. The reviews online seem to say you can't get 22 in there if you carry a lot of mids/putters...

Does anyone know if Grip is releasing a new bag? I can't find a thread on the AX15. I'm going to be buying an AX15 on Friday. I'll wait & reconsider if a newer version is going to be released this year. Anyone have any info? Also, how many more discs can you really fit in an AX15 than a A-Series? I currently own a A-Series & fit 18 in the main compartment. The reviews online seem to say you can't get 22 in there if you carry a lot of mids/putters...

Don't have an answer for you, but I've been wondering the same thing.. historically I believe they released new bags in May. However, last year was the first time they didn't have a design update. Might be worth emailing them to see what their plans are for this year.

Capacity.. When I had mine I was fitting up to 22 in the main, but was kinda tight while new. The walls of the bag will break in and fit more comfortably as time passes though. I was able to fit 5 putters in the putter pocket if I didn't raise the quiver, and then one disc comfortably in the flap. I've seen people fit two in the flap though. Personally I thought it was a little too tight compared to the flap on the older a-series.

Latest posts