• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip-EQ A14 Tour Bag

Got my orange A14 grip today. Felt that the bigger Prodiscus bag can be little too big for my needs. Although I think I'll keep both as the Prodiscus' extra storage is useful in tournaments or in the fall when you need to carry more clothes, towels etc. Here in Finland the climate can be tricky and an additional set of clothes is handy to have laying around.

I like A14 logo better than the A13, topography doesn't bother me at all. I don't really like A13 color alternatives but these new A14 colors are much better. I think that the darker gray looks better that lighter one and the main colors are simply more suitable for me.
This is my first Grip bag and althoug I haven't been able to test it out in the course yet, I already feel that it's gonna be awesome :thmbup:. Feels really light on my back.

For comparison in the second picture:
Grip has 23 discs in it (5 putters, 2 midranges & 16 drivers)

Prodiscus has 36 discs in it.
-5 drivers in each sidepocket
-6 putters in the top compartment
-20 dics in the main compartment (2 putters, 2 mids, 16 drivers)

IMG_2114_zps3d2d540b.jpg

IMG_2113_zps4f6ac750.jpg

IMG_2121_zpsfbd8162e.jpg

Looks good! I haven't seen anything but the black prodiscus bag in person, and I have to say that I like the color of yours faaar better.

looks pretty dope, the topo actually doesn't look bad on the orange bag.

Got an all black for Father's Day. :D

My first back pack, been using a nutsac. Really nice, I like it.

What are everyone elses bag tag numbers?

Mine says something along the lines of:

I'm supposed to pick out a backpack for Father's Day but have been dragging my feet while reviewing the options. My oldest of son is pushing me so he can inherit my old set up. Alas, my choice needs to:

1. Be significantly more comfortable than Innova straps + Fade tourney bag
2. Fit under the seat on airplanes (I fly with my discs and a roller bag 40x-50x per year)

So the GRIP fits these requirements? Anybody flown with them?

I admit they have a certain simplicity to them that is appealing, and these colors pop.

SpinachD, sorry to be the first one to post 4 days after your question. The answer to your first question is yes. I don't even need to explain the difference, cause it's like carrying a bookbag full of feathers vs carrying a small gym bag full of bricks. It should fit under the seat of a plane, it is the most compact bag(or maybe 2nd to the latitude 64 bag) so it should fit easily. I had a fade gear tourney bag before the grip, and will never go back to a bag with the backsaver straps.

Ok, now to what I am curious about. Is there anyone I can get ahold of to have a custom rainfly made for the Grip?

SpinachD, sorry to be the first one to post 4 days after your question. The answer to your first question is yes. I don't even need to explain the difference, cause it's like carrying a bookbag full of feathers vs carrying a small gym bag full of bricks. It should fit under the seat of a plane, it is the most compact bag(or maybe 2nd to the latitude 64 bag) so it should fit easily. I had a fade gear tourney bag before the grip, and will never go back to a bag with the backsaver straps.

Ok, now to what I am curious about. Is there anyone I can get ahold of to have a custom rainfly made for the Grip?

I will politely disagree that the Grip is the most compact. I think the Ergo has it beat in that department.

Black a14 grip bag

Just received a black a14 grip bag from Tahoe mountain sports. Realized it doesn't have the intended use labels on it. Does anyone know if this is a proto bag or something?

I think that's just how the black ones are. My friend and I have the all black versions and neither have the labels. My guess is that the image on their site of the all black is just a photo shopped version of the all grey, so the labels appear to come on the all Black's when they don't.

I'm cool with that, I didn't really like the tags anyways. Just wanted to make sure others found the same thing. Thanks

the bag has the correct screen printing, a serial number and a tag that says A14. so i'm pretty sure its an A14, they just don't have the pocket common use indicator things.

okay with me, i know where my ish goes!

that'd suck if that were the case, haha.

bender, do you notice any functional differences b/t your A14 and A-series?

Randomly looking at the Grip facebook page, looks like they imply they'll release a digi-camo A14, in which case my wallet is going to be hurting... especially since i'm pretty certain they're gonna jack the price up even more on it..

Randomly looking at the Grip facebook page, looks like they imply they'll release a digi-camo A14, in which case my wallet is going to be hurting... especially since i'm pretty certain they're gonna jack the price up even more on it..

oh crap...

fear not. it's not a left over a-series, tommygun. had to investigate, and didn't want to send and email to them. got off their facebook.

picture.php

Ok the foam inserts( please tell me what they are, I just call them hard foam) feel like they are starting to bend and the bag feels like it wants to cave in, and the inserts seem to be the problem( 2 on side, 1 on back). Is there a way top fix this?

OB, thank you for investigating. I have an e-mail out to Grip as well, just waiting for a response. But your post made me feel better about it.

I have to say the bag seems much more stable then other backpack bags I've owned. I'm sure if you set it on a steep hill wrong it can still fall but it seems like the bag is leaning forward more when on the ground.

Latest posts