• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Shipping is free. $200 even for the standard bag. Most I've heard is next month on the limited edition options, but they are $260 for special edition colors and even more for signature edition bags.

My guess is tax is already factored in for claims purposes. Say, the bag is actually only $182.17 and tax is $17.83, or something along those lines. So they can sell them at an even $200 but their tax claims don't get all complicated.

My guess is that YOU are supposed to pay the sales tax on stuff you buy online.

Not that I know anyone who does, just sayin.

YOU probably are paying sales tax. If they claim cost at less than $200 for tax purposes, who else would be paying it? They wouldn't claim it that way as some kind of loophole. They would claim it because it actually does cost $200 with tax. For marketing purposes, it just sounds better to offer the bag at a flat $200. If they want to do the legwork to decide how to get there with sales tax, who are we to begrudge them?

sales tax on the internet is the responsibility of the purchaser to pay. so that is the way it works period. Their bags cost 200 at retail locations, and there you pay tax on 200. Sales tax on the internet has not existed and the govt has lost millions in tax dollars because of it. This is changing. ITs not grips responsibility to charge the tax right now, no one is paying the tax on these purchases hence the upcoming change it interweb commerce.

The only time I've ever paid sales tax on the Internet is when the Seller is in the Same state, i.e. ebay and other local stores

Thanks! just placed my order:)

Is there a better backpack out there, or is this it? Is the price what keeps everyone from buying it, or do some people prefer the other style of bag?

Tempted to pick one up even though I'm new to the sport, but it looks nice, and the other ones (like the Innova DISCarrier or Competition style, with straps) seem kind of "meh" (for my style, that is).

Another pic for anyone curious about Innova's U-channel Divider working in a Grip. 12 discs in main compartment. Sitting flat, the divider height is a little high and goes above the lowest lip of the opening. But it is a U-Channel for a reason, and it can be rotated slightly to fit better. Now the front edge goes down to right about the inner velcro pocket. It also tilts the discs more towards the opening, making them easier to get out.

And a quick pic of Phase 1 of my "Geek out my Grip" project. Yes, it covers the front GRIPeq logo. Sorry, guys! I promise all the other logos will remain intact!

Attachments

• WP_000713.jpg
    WP_000713.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 121
  • WP_000714.jpg
    WP_000714.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 135
Is there a better backpack out there, or is this it? Is the price what keeps everyone from buying it, or do some people prefer the other style of bag?

Tempted to pick one up even though I'm new to the sport, but it looks nice, and the other ones (like the Innova DISCarrier or Competition style, with straps) seem kind of "meh" (for my style, that is).

There are some bigger ones out there and some that are pretty nice. This is the only backpack i've seen in person so I can't speak to some of the others on the market. Since it comes with a lifetime warranty it's worth the extra money you will spend. I'm quite sure you would be happy with the Grip bag, I love mine to a point where I want to play more just because of the bag and how comfortable it is.

Another pic for anyone curious about Innova's U-channel Divider working in a Grip. 12 discs in main compartment. Sitting flat, the divider height is a little high and goes above the lowest lip of the opening. But it is a U-Channel for a reason, and it can be rotated slightly to fit better. Now the front edge goes down to right about the inner velcro pocket. It also tilts the discs more towards the opening, making them easier to get out.

And a quick pic of Phase 1 of my "Geek out my Grip" project. Yes, it covers the front GRIPeq logo. Sorry, guys! I promise all the other logos will remain intact!

The 8-bit logo looks good man, good job!

Never thought about rotating the divider. :doh:

So is the only (or perhaps best) place to order directly from the company? Because right now they have black ones or grey ones, and that appears to be it.

I'd like to get a bag so I can work on filling it. :) Is ordering directly the only or best way to go, or can I support a vendor by ordering from them? Marshall Street didn't have them, and I just got some Nutsacs (for my wife and daughter) from them.

It's my favorite, but it comes down to what YOU want in a bag. The Prodiscus looks sweet, but I like Cordura in my bags. So durability is a concern for me. The Golf Mahal is the top of the line for quality, but I didn't like the design. There are a few other backpack style bags out there, but the Grip was the best fit for ME in both design and quality.
You could also save quite a bit of money if you buy the standard color.

Latest posts