• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

For $250 ill go with a bag that's made in the u.s. and doesn't have obnoxious logos plastered all over it.
So far I don't see any improvements to this bag that constitute that kind of price increase. Honestly, it looks like a bag that cost less to make but has a higher price tag. Not trying to hate, just my .02

So my "Warranty" on my L-series whatever bag... Do I have to play 52$ extra? What exactly does there warranty cover anyways? Ill look you discuss and I shall return!

As far as I know they're going to upgrade anyone to an A-Series if they have to make a warranty claim on the L-series (when the L-series stock runs out).

As far as I know they're going to upgrade anyone to an A-Series if they have to make a warranty claim on the L-series (when the L-series stock runs out).

yeah, Grip has been really good about the way they honor their warranties. I will give them props on that.

For all the people questioning cost increase for a color change...I'm pretty sure the original L series were made in denier nylon, these new ones are made from 1000D Cordura or something. It's the best of the best as far as durability goes. Other companies use it too, but it's a tougher bag than the original L series. Just a thought. Commence complaining.

For all the people questioning cost increase for a color change...I'm pretty sure the original L series were made in denier nylon, these new ones are made from 1000D Cordura or something. It's the best of the best as far as durability goes. Other companies use it too, but it's a tougher bag than the original L series. Just a thought. Commence complaining.

depends if it really is all 1000D Cordura. Grip hasn't said anything on the materials used for the A series yet

I have a Grip now, I'm on the Ergo pre-order list, and I'm sitting here with 3 browsers open(Grip,DGCR,FB) waiting for 12pm to pull the trigger on the A-series. I need help!:wall:

I have a Grip now, I'm on the Ergo pre-order list, and I'm sitting here with 3 browsers open(Grip,DGCR,FB) waiting for 12pm to pull the trigger on the A-series. I need help!:wall:

I dont think your the only one, the bags look great!

Disc golfers are the cheapest people on earth.

I generally agree big-time. But $250 for a backpack is pretty hefty. It's not impossible to justify, as it's the biggest single equipment purchase a DG player needs to make. But it's hefty.

I think the new design is pretty okay. I like that they raised the quiver pocket, as it's tough to reach them in my OG grip. And I like the colors that are available. But I prefer the sleek, understated, military-esque logos of the old Grip more so than the new, skateboarding-backpack-like logos on this A-Series. Will be interesting to see what the pro models for the A-series look like.

Does anybody else think that perhaps the price is $250 because Voodoo is charging the same amount? Grip would be smart if they could get the extra $50 dollars out of it, and it is a business after all.

Does anybody else think that perhaps the price is $250 because Voodoo is charging the same amount? Grip would be smart if they could get the extra $50 dollars out of it, and it is a business after all.
If you run a business under a standard profit driven model in the disc golf world, you're a a$$hole. Everyone wants awesome stuff for cheap, but the reality is that these business owners have to make money too.

boy i was honestly ready to pull the trigger if the price point was comparative to the HB or DD bags.... is shipping included in price within the US?

If you run a business under a standard profit driven model in the disc golf world, you're a a$$hole. Everyone wants awesome stuff for cheap, but the reality is that these business owners have to make money too.

the problem is, businesses like Physical Flight are spreading the "sell bags at cost" crap and making people think bags should be good quality and cheap

Latest posts