• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mini

the mini weighs just over 3 lbs and a Crunchbox 1lb 4 oz and fits the same amount of stuff

I'm actually loving the C14 right now. It really pared down my discs to what I really need. Sure I can jam 18 discs in it if I really need to, but right now I carry 15 discs and I really figured out what discs were redundant.

Recently I found out that my wraiths were redundant so I stopped bagging them (echo star destroyers are just as flippy). Then my S-PD (since I use my C-PD more anyway). My mid range is simple for winter its just two atlas (one XT one champ) and summer it'll be two roc3s (one mcpro and one champ roc3).

what I also figured out is that there are going to be the essential utility discs (your gator and firebird) but also what you're game currently really uses the majority of the time... and for me its a driving putter (P2 and a nova) and teebirds.

maybe for tournament play I'll bring lots of backups but I really credit the bag for forcing me to pare down my discs and just learn my current 8-9 carried molds inside and out. sure I could've just used any smaller bag to figure it out, but I bought this C14 and learned to deal with its disc space constraints and benefited from it.

its very zen... because I ended up using the bag with less storage (i also have a UPD Shift that can carry 20 discs if needed and still have space for a jacket/ect) this brutal winter and its limitations actually helped the development of my game.

Grip C14 & 32oz Nalgenes

32oz nalgenes & or a 40 oz HydroFlask will fit in the bottle holders.
They will be VERY tight at first, but ultimately will stretch more then enough to slide a bottle in.
I stored a bottle in each holder starting the day I brought the bag home, hoping to stretch them a bit. At one point I also put a bottle & a contractors pencil in the pocket hoping to over stretch them a bit. I kept bottles in the holders 24/7 for a bout 2 to 3 weeks.
That's all!:clap:

thanks for the great first post :hfive:

this is probably good news for some on the fence.

32oz nalgenes & or a 40 oz HydroFlask will fit in the bottle holders.
They will be VERY tight at first, but ultimately will stretch more then enough to slide a bottle in.
I stored a bottle in each holder starting the day I brought the bag home, hoping to stretch them a bit. At one point I also put a bottle & a contractors pencil in the pocket hoping to over stretch them a bit. I kept bottles in the holders 24/7 for a bout 2 to 3 weeks.
That's all!:clap:

I could not get a 32 oz Nalgene remotely close to fitting. Same with the Hydroflask 40's.

I did find an awesome bottle that fits to perfection: the Liberty Bottleworks 32 oz. Its a really nice bottle, a little pricey (like most quality bottles) but I think they're worth it. They are the only 32 oz bottle I was getting in this bag without stuffing something in. I took my bag into REI and tried every bottle they carried, the Liberty Bottleworks 32's were the clear winners.

the price slashing on the A14 bags is obviously a way to clear inventory for the new B Series Grip bags that'll probably be out in Feb/March.

The price slashing on the C14 might be something different though... I have a C14 and love it, but it just isn't a good value right now compared to other bags like Upper Park Designs The Shift.

I have both the C14 and the UPD Shift and the shift is is so much more versatile (because you have the option to carry 20+ discs/jacket/sweater if you need to).

I've ended up using the C14 more this winter though because the footprint is smaller (helpful with cold muddy/damp ground) and the rainfly is so awesome.

I was in the camp of hating the pricing on the rainfly, but I've used the C14 + rainfly in two heavy rain + cold tournaments this fall/winter and can attest to it being excellent (the flap/access/design) where I had a smooth system for keeping my discs dry* .

* three towels, 1st large innova dryFly in the main compartment (for initial wipe down), 2nd towel in one of the drink pockets (2nd wipe down before throwing), and a 3th towel in my jacket pocket (if I need it really dry for putting/drives/hard shots). Keep and extra set of three towels rolled and in a zip lock, in the back dead space behind the discs. the local innova pro taught me this method.

:popcorn:

Just bought received my C14 in the mail. Purchased it bc I like to carry relatively low number of discs, around 14-17, and I have found that I prefer backpack style bags. I've had a Gateway bag, original EQ Grip, Ember, Simian and I've found that all of those bags, while fantastic offerings, just are too big for my preferred game. I don't like it when my discs slosh sideways and I don't lug around a lot of crap.

I have read a lot of folks complaining about the C14's lack of "stuff" space but I really find that it has plenty for what i need it for. It fits my phone, keys, drinks and minis with plenty of room to spare. I plan on making this bag, THE BAG for me. I have said it before, but I really do believe this is the bag that I have been wanting.

^ I agree with you. The storage is fine and the drink capacity works for me too. But, I can fit comforatably 12 discs. 10 in main and 2 up top. It might be my configuration, but the 12 is a snug fit. 16-17 might be on the tight side(but possible if you use mostly drivers)

^ I agree with you. The storage is fine and the drink capacity works for me too. But, I can fit comforatably 12 discs. 10 in main and 2 up top. It might be my configuration, but the 12 is a snug fit. 16-17 might be on the tight side(but possible if you use mostly drivers)

I've found that if you drop out the putter pocket and let it sit at its lowest point, you can fit three or four putters up there. I can stash away my driving putters and keep them out of my way in the main compartment. I also use Gateway/MVP's mids so they are a little bit thinner than most mids.

^lol

Well I was looking at getting another Simian... BUT when I saw the wait time of 28+ weeks I almost had an epileptic seizure.

So I placed my order today for a digi camo C14 with rain fly :) using the standard shipping.

For the folks that have ordered one recently, how long is the wait to get it?

Thanks!

^lol

Well I was looking at getting another Simian... BUT when I saw the wait time of 28+ weeks I almost had an epileptic seizure.

So I placed my order today for a digi camo C14 with rain fly :) using the standard shipping.

For the folks that have ordered one recently, how long is the wait to get it?

Thanks!

Mine shipped out within a day and I received it three/four days later. I believe I ordered on Tuesday to be exact and it arrived Monday. Nothing extreme at all.

Meh..

I just received my C14 Camo bag and am disappointed at the construction quality to say the least as this is my first Grip bag.

When upright, it would lean forward and to the left with or without discs.

It appears this may be due to some very bad stitching and placement of the feet.

Secondly, the drink pockets are noticeably uneven as one side is stitched up higher than the other which may also be contributing to the odd lean.

And to top it off, the stitching line directly beneath the Grip logo is near the very edge in one spot that looks like it'll fall apart with normal use.

I've submitted a warranty claim and hope this will be resolved.

Are these legit concerns, thoughts?

Yeah, that's jacked up all right, grip should def send you a replacement. This is the same thing I worried about when thinking if I should upgrade from my L series. The new bags look better but hopefully not at the cost of quality