• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mods...

Idea in the works

Looking at my grip bag I feel that the space inside the bag under the putter pocket and storage pocket with the Grip EQ logo on it could be used to put an accordion style disc divider horizontal. I've been thinking over the idea for some time. I am going to build a pvc frame then make a shelf directly over the discs using very small diameter drinking fountain pvc and attach the divider making the bag somewhat similar to the Gorilla Boy Simian (stacking the discs) and have six (or how many will fit) drivers stacked on top of the row of discs at the bottom of the bag. I hope this description makes sense. Will post pictures when complete (if it works that is!)

min-bag-divider.jpg

Looking at my grip bag I feel that the space inside the bag under the putter pocket and storage pocket with the Grip EQ logo on it could be used to put an accordion style disc divider horizontal. I've been thinking over the idea for some time. I am going to build a pvc frame then make a shelf directly over the discs using very small diameter drinking fountain pvc and attach the divider making the bag somewhat similar to the Gorilla Boy Simian (stacking the discs) and have six (or how many will fit) drivers stacked on top of the row of discs at the bottom of the bag. I hope this description makes sense. Will post pictures when complete (if it works that is!)

min-bag-divider.jpg

Too much room, not enough discs?
How many do you carry?

Or another reason?

min-bag-divider.jpg

Keep in mind that if the frame is going down into the main disc compartment it's going to be taking away disc capacity. You'll probably want to use 1/2" PVC for stability but that will subtract about 1" of disc storage space = ~3 discs.

I don't think you guys are getting what he's talking about. He's looking to build a horizontal disc storage over the main compartment like the Salient Disc Catalyst has. He's going to open up the area behind the top Grip logo and build a frame there.

it's a tricky venture. Would definitely void the warranty.

I don't think you guys are getting what he's talking about. He's looking to build a horizontal disc storage over the main compartment like the Salient Disc Catalyst has. He's going to open up the area behind the top Grip logo and build a frame there.

it's a tricky venture. Would definitely void the warranty.

But the frame he builds is going to have to extend down into the bottom of the bag, no? Does it just float in place? I guess you could sew the frame into the bag.

But the frame he builds is going to have to extend down into the bottom of the bag, no? Does it just float in place? I guess you could sew the frame into the bag.

Yeah, but he stated he would use low-quality pvcc, which you can get in roughly the diameter of a dime. Not very sturdy stuff, though. Personally I think it's way too much risk and work for the sake of a few extra discs. Sell your Grip and get a Spinal Tap.

Mine is the best grip mod, duh. So easy. Guess I should add a cool zipper pull, got one of those towel clips now from this thread too not shown.

Attachments

• IMAG0067[1].jpg
    IMAG0067[1].jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 590
  • IMAG0068[1].jpg
    IMAG0068[1].jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,642
Mine is the best grip mod, duh. So easy. Guess I should add a cool zipper pull, got one of those towel clips now from this thread too not shown.

It's still 100% waterproof?

Very nice either way. Assuming it's yes though. :)

this looks better
You could always have a flap sewn over if you were worried about the zipper, or find the best zipper available. The current style...nothing stayed dry in the rain because you always had to peal back the rain fly and water got everywhere. At least now its an easy in and out. You can even get a pencil/mini pocket sewn on the outside of the rain fly for easy access.

attachment.php

Getting mine rain fly mod done this weekend, can't fn' wait.. :D

It's gonna start pissing here every day pretty quick.

So you cut your rainfly up the middle and add a zipper? Seems like it would be pretty sweet if done properly (I would never attempt it myself)

For those looking to do zipper pulls on the A- series bag, you can buy from those who are selling them on here. I had Bulletproof88 make mine and instead of using the mini cord, he just pulled the cores out from the 550 and the pulls fit perfectly

Latest posts