• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip vs Mahal

Jeronimo said:
victorb said:
...but the attitude toward gripEQ has been pretty bad lately, by a lot of people. Yes, their initial order of business probably wasn't dealt with in the best way, but you can't expect a flawless product and delivery from a start-up company run by someone without an MBA and years of experience in mass production/sales.

Why are you making excuses for them?

oh wait, I forgot it's super easy to start up your own business and have absolutely no problems in the first 2 years. when is your disc golf bag coming out?

victorb
you're not coming off biased, you're coming off as an elitist snob
yes- you are right. After posting and reading it I felt it came off that way as well.
I tried to redeem myself by posting following statement.

I have faith in the Grip bag. Rough start, but they'll pull through. They are fine bags and once the snafu is ironed out they'll be solid.

didn't mean to offend you there big fella, or anyone else.

I am just glad we have choices

victorb said:
Jeronimo said:
victorb said:
...but the attitude toward gripEQ has been pretty bad lately, by a lot of people. Yes, their initial order of business probably wasn't dealt with in the best way, but you can't expect a flawless product and delivery from a start-up company run by someone without an MBA and years of experience in mass production/sales.

Why are you making excuses for them?

oh wait, I forgot it's super easy to start up your own business and have absolutely no problems in the first 2 years. when is your disc golf bag coming out?

Wow, seriously? You're going to play that card? Are you on the grip payroll or what?

Well I too had this delima which bag? K so I go to mr website get an email back in hours, go to grip website and get told to check out face book. I understand the complexities of buss startup and I grip has missed some, no matter how cool Justin is does not have it together. Delays happen but if so it better be for a good product not a knock off. Just saying. I hope grip makes it out of this ok, I do, but until then I am waiting on my tracking number for my mahal the guy told me this week I hope it hurries up so I can get it before the glass blown open!

Jeronimo said:
Wow, seriously? You're going to play that card? Are you on the grip payroll or what?

You're being incredibly unrealistic and if you can't even see that then I can't help you. I have no bias, like I said I don't own either bag and don't have plans to buy either. I can stand back and make an objective evaluation. Sounds like you're just mad because you bought a first run product from a new company which is typically a huge consumer no-no.

Bigfoot, thanks for the clarification. I hope the Mahal does well, it looks like a really good bag. If I were to spend more money on a bag than the arsenal that's carried in it, I would seriously consider obtaining one. I am hopeful that more people in the disc golf community can understand the tribulations that Justin has put himself (and indirectly, many of his consumers) through, and see that he is indeed trying to make an already good product great.

Kscustom I feel your pain. My girlfriend ordered mine for me in November for a Christmas present. I received it a week ago today. Let me tell you, your going to be blown away with the quality of this bag!! The craftsmanship is bar none, and the whole package is equally impressive. The first thing I noticed was the size, it's not nearly as big as the pictures make it seems. Once it's fitted, which takes some time; watch the video, it's like your carrying nothing. It feels SO much lighter carrying just as many discs as my old bag with quads. I could go on all day about how awesome this bag is!!

victorb said:
Sounds like you're just mad because you bought a first run product from a new company which is typically a huge consumer no-no.

Yup, I can't argue any of that.

I got my tracking number for my Mahal today, I will be able to compare the two this week and give a honest review. I will most likely use my Grip as a casual round bag and my Mahal as my tourney bag, I have used my grip in a few tourney's and it just doesn't have enough room for me. We'll see, super stoked that my Mahal is coming!!!

They didn't take out my girlfriends money till two days after we already received the bag. If you received your info Monday Booter, your bag should be here any day now. I'm really excited for TRB to post what he thinks about both bags. I'm guessing he's going to like the Mahal better overall, but that's probably me being biased.

Got my black Mahal yesterday. All I can say is awesome!!! The quality is second to none-worth every penny! The zippers are sweet with a molded seal over them. Very comfortable! I built a little kydex/centra stand to put in the bag so the discs are lifted up two inches because the main compartment is pretty deep (doesn't affect anything but I wanted the discs a little higher). I also trimmed down all the straps as they are excessively long but they have to do that for all different sizes of people. I love the color as well. The grey is more like a off grey or olive grey--looks very cool with the black. It's a little heavy when full but when it's on your back the load is distributed much better than any other bag I've owned--so the weight isn't much of an issue. I own a Pheonix with the bed liner base and that thing is way heavier, less storage, and uncomfortable. Would recommend this bag to anyone. Glad I chose Mystery Ranch!!!

Got my tracking number today bag will be here Wednesday just in time for the GBO! So cool

I'd make sweet love to mine if I had one, but since I don't, post pics of you guys doing sweet love to yours.

I'm not savy enough to post pics on the forum so here is a couple I took before heading to Bowling Green. They are from a cell phone:
http://flic.kr/p/9wsLK9
http://flic.kr/p/9wpLAk

Just out of curiosity, why is there so much room above the discs in the main compartment? Is there something in there? And what is that black round thing near the top?

Mahal.jpg

I may be wrong, but I think it says camelback. my guess is the space above the discs holds water, leads me to think the black round thing is the cover to where you would put the liquid in.

Cool idea. I was thinking about modifying a backpack to do what the Mahal does but for about 10 discs and guess what I found.

http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Packs/2011-Unbottle-70.aspx

They also have a 100oz, but that might get a little heavy to carry around.

Latest posts