• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guinness World Record Attempt: Most Holes in 24 Hours

You may want to make sure you have people picking up your discs as you go. Bending over and picking up the discs isn't a big deal at first, but it adds a lot of time and will start hurting quite a bit by the end of the day. Go read Matrix's thread, he had different discs for every hole so he never had to pick up the disc, there were volunteers picking up after him and handing him his discs for the next hole. Little things like that add up when you're cutting out a couple seconds times a few thousand throws.

If you have an adversion to math just skip this post...

Being the rocket nerd I am...I ran some numbers. And I am making A LOT of assumptions here namely the course distance is correct. I used the map to measure each hole in terms of inches and then took that number and divided into 980' which gave me a multiplier of 86.73 feet per inch. Then I measured the distance between holes. Again, some big assumptions here and came up with a total walking length including distance between holes at 1836'. That's IF you walk in exact straight lines. The real traveled distance I would think would be closer to 2100' or so per nine holes so...

1310 holes in 24 hours means

1310 / 9 holes = 145.56 rounds

2100' per round * 145.56 rounds = 305,607' = 57.89 miles

57.89 miles / 24 hours = 2.4 MPH average.

Doesn't sound like much of a pace but remember there's potty breaks, drink breaks stop to throw disc, etc...Probably going to have to jog the entire time. :gross:

You are definitely a masochist...great cause but holy masochism batman...

That's less miles than Matrix covered overall though, so it's definitely doable.

That's less miles than Matrix covered overall though, so it's definitely doable.

Well, don't forget I am using rough 2D image at a rather low resolution and am assuming the red lines someone drew on there are accurate. The best way to figure it out for sure is to get out and do some actual field measurements.

Well, don't forget I am using rough 2D image at a rather low resolution and am assuming the red lines someone drew on there are accurate. The best way to figure it out for sure is to get out and do some actual field measurements.

Oh sure, I'm just saying it's in the right general amount to be feasible given the distance walked in previous attempts. :)

If you need any tips on doing this to help you succeed, you are more than welcome to send me a message and I will be glad to tell you everything I know and have helped some of those before you besides myself. I wish you the best.

If you need any tips on doing this to help you succeed, you are more than welcome to send me a message and I will be glad to tell you everything I know and have helped some of those before you besides myself. I wish you the best.
:eek: Haven't seen a post from Donovan for years. Welcome back!

good luck with that. If I were to ever do that, I know exactly which dg course I would use. When I played it last year or so, I could almost get to the basket on hole 1 from the basket on hole 18(I could put it in the circle now). Very boring course, but minimal distance between each hole.

:eek: Haven't seen a post from Donovan for years. Welcome back!

Thanks. I'm playing just not posting in the forums much. I barely played for a year after the record. Lost some of my endurance from the probable heat stroke I got. Oh well lesson learned for others. LOL

He may not have the record anymore, but Donovan to me still gets bonus points for recording his feat in the DGCR scorebook. 167 six hole rounds.

LOL, yeah that took forever. My now wife, did a great job of tracking everything. She was the reason for the original record for sure.

Wife keeps asking me to break it again now that I know how, but I keep telling her no. I say it is great others are doing it for the sport. Hope this kid can do it.

Is there a world record for unique holes played in a 24-hour period?

Yes, but it's the same as the "unique holes during daylight" record, which is 380 by Alan Hansen Begg. And "unique holes" isn't a category that is recognized by Guinness. That's not to say they wouldn't, I don't know if anyone has ever asked them and gotten the parameters.

You may want to make sure you have people picking up your discs as you go. Bending over and picking up the discs isn't a big deal at first, but it adds a lot of time and will start hurting quite a bit by the end of the day.

For sure. When I did my 500 holes, I did it in only 7.5 hours, but one of my knees was SHOT from all the bending over. Of course I was around 35 years at the time, not 20.

The 24 hour run record-

The world record is held by Yiannis Kouros (GRE) who ran 303.506 km/188.590 miles on a track during the Sri Chinmoy Ultra Festival in Adelaide, Australia in 1997.

Donovan, was it you that had the horrible pics of what the day did to your feet?

Could you post those again for good measure? ;) :popcorn: