• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gyro's 2012 Bag

Gyro

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 1 years of DG
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some RHFH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Buzz: 250'/300'; Nuke SS: 350'-400'

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: none
Other sport proficiencies?: Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I have too many different molds. I want to limit the number of molds I have and become better with those discs.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Working on discing down and filling some gaps
Immediate and long-term goals: Currently most of my distance is from strong-arming. I need to practice using more snap. As you will see from my bag, I don't use many discs that are very overstable. I also want to fine tune my bag and become better with those discs.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
173 Z Nuke 9/10 - A little more overstable driver
174 Z Nuke SS First Run 9/10 - distance driver
173 Crystal Z Nuke SS 10/10 - backup driver
173 Z Avenger SS 8/10 - main driver / doesn't go as far as nuke ss
172 Z Avenger SS 9/10 - main driver / backup
172 ProD XL 7/10 - very straight driver and only ace from this disc
172 Elite X Stratus 7/10 - Anhyzer Backhand
153 Opto Diamond 10/10 - Just starting to use this disc. Really liking it and it might replace the stratus
168 Gold River 10/10 - Haven't had a chance to throw it much yet

Mids:
180 Vector, 9/10 - Very heavy mid range
176 Z Buzz 9/10 - Main Midrange
173 Z Buzz SS 9/10 - Very straight midrange shots
173 Esp Flex Drone 10/10 - Overstable midrange

Putters:
176 S ION 10/10 - putter

I am still getting used to the Diamond and River but I am really liking them so far. I figure I can probably simplify my drivers and mid ranges and I should probably add more putters, but I am not sure what.

Last edited:
Id say take out the crystal nuke and one of the avengers. Its nice to have backups but id say keep the back ups at home since a backup is used generally for if you loose or break something. In taking those two out I would suggest you put in an under stable mid and a straight to under stable putter for driving. Since it seems like your found of discraft id say put a meteor in your bag for your anhyzer midrange shots and put something like an anode in your bag for a straight driving putter. Other than that it doesn't look too bad.

I thought about a meteor, but I think the Diamond can cover that. You don't have to put much on it and it will hold a nice anny line. I also thought about getting an anode. A firm annode I assume?

I use my Z Buzz for nearly every midrange shot or straight driving putter shot. It is my most reliable disc by far. I use the drone if I have a big left turn and my buzz SS if I have a narrow, straight shot.

I thought about a meteor, but I think the Diamond can cover that. You don't have to put much on it and it will hold a nice anny line. I also thought about getting an anode. A firm annode I assume?

Hmm well for me I know that I have and eagle and a gazelle in the bag that can cover a lot of my anhyzer duties but I still keep a super beat dx roc in the bag for my right turn abilities because it will hold longer and tends not to roll away as much but if your comfortable with using the diamond for that then by all means stick with it, it got you this far already. And as for an anode, its all about preference of plastic type. Ive only field tested a medium anode so thats all that I can talk about but they are very nice and straight. I didn't make the bag for me because I use avairs for that shot.

Latest posts