• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Had the WORST experience playing...how can I shake it off?

The best thing I ever did for my game was put away the high speed drivers. Period.

I was seriously trying to offer some good advice.

^ This. I don't think anybody here is "out to get you", just tryin' to help.:hfive:

Also, GCR Russel is giving great advice. When I'm playing tourneys, I'll often ignore my overall score until we're adding up the card.

I like to keep track of all my rounds on one scorecard during a tournament. So when I get to a hole that I might of messed up on I can think back to it and improve upon it. I don't like to dwell on score; but I do try to win my card each round.

i think people were honestly trying to give you advice when they said get rid of the nuke OS, you turned it over? thats some serious form issues.

if you work on your form (and your disc selection) then next time you play a tourney maybe you'll be better at shaping lines and hitting gaps in the woods.

maybe practicing with more controllable discs will help you NOT have to shake off a bad round next time.

Understand that a sound game is the foundation for mental strength and confidence. BOTH of these aspects will ultimately challenge you throughout the time you play and both will have an impact on how you get better.

From the feedback you're getting here, one side is trying to help solidify and make your game sound by offering advice about the disc(s) you're choosing to use, and the other side is saying that mental toughness and the ability to let negative experiences slide off your back is the key to what you seek. Both sides are right.

The way you shake it off in my experience is that you take this game with a grain of salt and understand that no matter what the outcome, the reason you're at the point where you're at to begin with is because you ultimately set out to have fun, first and foremost. Try to be open to the advice that people are giving you here, understand and build your foundation for a stronger game, and before you know it your next thread will be "Had the BEST experience playing..."

And FWIW, I HIGHLY agree with those saying to disc down and try some different things. They're offering advice to help you with consistency and form, which in turn will allow you the ability to build the overall confidence that will take your game to the next level.

Last edited:
From my experience so far on this forum, there are very few (if any) people on here that are "out to get you." Everyone has gone through a lot of the stuff, so people will offer what has worked for them to either get more consistent as well as what didn't help them. No one really wants to upset you, they are just trying to offer help since you asked for it. If it's not exactly the type of help you were looking for, so be it, take it with a grain of salt, but don't get so worked up because people aren't providing exactly the help you want. We're just trying to help make everyone's enjoyment of the game more complete. Just my 2 c

Thanks, things like this are what i'm looking for. Thanks buddy. I need a beer

Face it: it was the wallet, and nothing else. You'll be OK. Remember, a beautiful day of casual golf is why you play the sport. :thmbup:

So to address you original post - Just shake that sh*t off man. As long as you're not crapping it up every round it was one tourney. No big shakes.

Tonight I threw the worst round I have ever thrown. And on an easy course to boot. No reason really. Just had a bad round. But when I think back what the problem was (mostly not getting off the tee) I was just thinking too much about what I was doing instead of just doing it. It sounds to me like you need to graba sixer (if thats your thing) and a bud and go tear up a course. Don't keep score. Just go have fun man.

A good dose of reality is always helpful.

You're lucky to have two arms and two legs and the ability and time to be out there playing. Think about what you have instead of what you don't have.

Latest posts