• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hall of Fame Probability?

Doss is absolutely a lock even if he quit tomorrow, in my book. 3 worlds and a USDGC, NT series title, etc.

Schusterick has already won 3 majors and the Memorial, BSF at 21. I would guess a World title is in his future at some point, and who knows how many USDGC's. I would be comfortable betting that both he and McBeth are HoF'ers

When you look at the FAQ of the Hall of Fame "The HOF is an independent organization dedicated to the promotion of disc golf, its premier pioneers and players". Unfortunately the focus on promotion/pioneers reinforces the perception that Disc Golf is more of a leasure activity than a sport. I wish the HOF would better celebrate athletic excellence than it's forefathers. In other sports I follow, I don't see the majority of HOF slots being given to owners/general managers/league personnel.

That said; Nate and Val are locks for the under 30 crowd. McBeth, Schusterick and Pierce seem to have the staying power to get there.

Although I am sure that his future involves college and career outside disc golf, I would not be suprised if the talents of David Wiggins Jr, over time, could land him a spot in the Hall. He has lots of records already and is still a teenager.

Although I am sure that his future involves college and career outside disc golf, I would not be suprised if the talents of David Wiggins Jr, over time, could land him a spot in the Hall. He has lots of records already and is still a teenager.

Absolutely.

When you look at the FAQ of the Hall of Fame "The HOF is an independent organization dedicated to the promotion of disc golf, its premier pioneers and players". Unfortunately the focus on promotion/pioneers reinforces the perception that Disc Golf is more of a leasure activity than a sport. I wish the HOF would better celebrate athletic excellence than it's forefathers. In other sports I follow, I don't see the majority of HOF slots being given to owners/general managers/league personnel.
I want to make clear that I do not have not problem with any of the people who are in the HOF. They have all made significant contributions and are deserving. I just think at some point there would have to be a "player" designation and a "promoter" designation. There was a time when the top players and promoters were the same guys, but that really isn't the case all the time anymore.

You could double up on a guy like Stan that would be in there either way. I think it would actually highlight some people like Stan that were very accomplished on the course; his contributions off the course sometimes overshadow the fact that he is a 3X Masters World Champion.

Really the only playing careers that are HOF worthy currently in the HOF are Kenny Barry and JK.

However there are tons of people like Stan, Greenwell, etc that have solid playing career stats but have done a lot for the game so the combination is clearly HOF worthy.

There are also a lot of players like Alan Beaver and Carlton Howard who are solely in for thier volunteer work and they also happen to be good players.

I'd rather see Danny Daniels considered for the Hall of Fame not for his accomplishments playing the sport, but for all he has done growing it. BudHill disc golf is some of the BEST I've ever played and I've never known a single person that ever had anything bad to say about the man.

I was blessed to have been able to stay on the Hill for 70 days a few summers ago and I will never forget the fun and kindness of Him, and all of the Memphis area golfers.

Ah, yes. That is a serious omission.

She certainly is included in the "by play only" field.

I'd include people who dominated in age restricted categories (Voakes, Greenwell, Monroe, Hammock, Shive, Williamson). I have no problem with celebrating the history/growth of DG but at some point I think the HOF should transition towards focusing on players, not tournament runners.

I'd include people who dominated in age restricted categories (Voakes, Greenwell, Monroe, Hammock, Shive, Williamson). I have no problem with celebrating the history/growth of DG but at some point I think the HOF should transition towards focusing on players, not tournament runners.

what are you talking about?

Hammock and Shive are not in the hall.

But I will say after review of the Hall, A LOT more people are in for their play than I realized.

what are you talking about?

Hammock and Shive are not in the hall.

But I will say after review of the Hall, A LOT more people are in for their play than I realized.

The list is people who I think have true HOF caliber resumes. Hammock and Shive should be in.

Doss is absolutely a lock even if he quit tomorrow, in my book. 3 worlds and a USDGC, NT series title, etc.

Schusterick has already won 3 majors and the Memorial, BSF at 21. I would guess a World title is in his future at some point, and who knows how many USDGC's. I would be comfortable betting that both he and McBeth are HoF'ers

I disagree, there has to be some longevity established before HOF talks begin. A couple of majors should not make a HOF'er. Any of these guys could quit tomorrow. Family, real money, burnout can be the cause, then we'll just move onto the next big thrower. I would have bet on Coda Hatfield a few years ago, now I don't even see his name anymore. Stupid thread predicting the future.

Hammock won't ever get there b/c of his issues.

Since the HOF is nominated by HOFers, he won't.

IMO his anger issues don't equate to the reasons you see baseball players kept out of Cooperstown (PEDs, lifetime suspensions for betting/cheating). There are plenty of poor sports/jerks that are in other Hall of Fames. He deserves to be in ther based on his play on the course.

I'd rather see Danny Daniels considered for the Hall of Fame not for his accomplishments playing the sport, but for all he has done growing it. BudHill disc golf is some of the BEST I've ever played and I've never known a single person that ever had anything bad to say about the man.

I was blessed to have been able to stay on the Hill for 70 days a few summers ago and I will never forget the fun and kindness of Him, and all of the Memphis area golfers.

IMO Danny should be considered. Few would argue many have done more for SNDG than the Daniels. It seems similar to a NBA vs. ABA but that's the PDGA's cross to bear.

Latest posts