• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Halo Plastic Series

Damn Im bummed I missed out on the TL3s, one of my favorite molds.

they'll probably be restocking more of those over the next couple weeks... the only reason I have twitter on my phone is for innova proshop notifications. there'll be a restock of some stuff tonight for sure, my guess is around 7-7:30pm est

Not sure why Innova charges 8 bucks for Priority mail shipping on a one disc order.

yea, I pretty much only buy with free shipping on innova or I feel stupid. sometimes I just use reward points from past purchase to cover the cost of shipping but that doesn't feel as "smart"

Got my TL3s in. One blue, one red and they have a higher PLH than my champ TL3. They also have a gentle dome to them (more than I've seen on a TL3). I have not thrown them yet, but I'm guessing they'll be the most overstable TL3.

Got my TL3s in. One blue, one red and they have a higher PLH than my champ TL3. They also have a gentle dome to them (more than I've seen on a TL3). I have not thrown them yet, but I'm guessing they'll be the most overstable TL3.

How's the lower wing shaped? I'm getting my halo TL3 later today, but my TL3 has the same PLH as my Teebird, and there's a noticeable stability difference between the two. However, the TL3's lower wing is very straight, while the Teebird's is very concave.

How's the lower wing shaped? I'm getting my halo TL3 later today, but my TL3 has the same PLH as my Teebird, and there's a noticeable stability difference between the two. However, the TL3's lower wing is very straight, while the Teebird's is very concave.

Halos appear to be a little concave. My champ TL3 has a straight lower wing. I do have a splatter star TL3 that I've never thrown with a concave lower rim, but still has a lower PLH than the Halos.

Got my Halo TL3 in. Definitely higher pl than my TL3, and only slightly taller than my Teebird. Lower wing shape is only slightly concave, but more straight than Teebird. If I had to guess it would probably be in between the two in stability. I want to bag it but I don't want to throw it at the same time.

I've heard the Halo TL3's aren't that much more stable than Star TL3's. Most Halo discs seem to have white Star plastic for the flight plate (that absorbs a bit of pigment from the Halo rim). But the Halo TL3's I've seen seem to have flight plates that are a completely different color from the rim. I wonder if that affects the stability somehow.

Of the throws I had with my halo TL3 there was a noticeable stability difference. Not drastic, but there. 8/4/0/1 as opposed to 8/5/-.5/1

Still a soft fade though, nothing like a 2 or anything. My halo tl3 has a white flight plate.

Halo Teebird3's are on DGU. For now.

Anyone had a chance to throw these Halo T3's? I'm wondering if they're gonna fly as beefy as I hope they are!

I'm wondering aswell, I just picked up a champ T3 and a couple Halo T3's, hoping they will fight the wind we always play in more than my new-ish Teebirds. I like the thought of a flatter teebird, but not sure what to expect honestly.

Anyone had a chance to throw these Halo T3's? I'm wondering if they're gonna fly as beefy as I hope they are!

Yep - first few throws with mine showed a pretty dumpy fade around the 300' mark landing around 330'. Contrasts nicely with my seasoned Barela Glow Champ Teebird3 which has mellowed into straight as heck out to 350'.

The Halo Teebird3, TL3, and Wraiths that I've gotten all have much more dome than their non-halo counterparts. I prefer the flatter feel for forehands, but perhaps the halo T3 will flatten a bit with use.

I have both the 1st run and latest run of halo wraiths. The first run has a consistent dome and is overstable for a wraith, but has a gradual fade that starts pretty early. The most recent run is domey and the fade is the same laterally but starts later and is more abrupt. The latest run is going to wear into some awesome bombers. For me the latest run of halo wraith was longer both forehand and backhand with a softer domier flight plate. It is a glide upgrade without being uncomfortable to grip.

The only question I need answered - are they molding up more stable than their normal runs? If so, Halo Champion Roadrunners might empty my bank account.

yes, so far in my experience all my Halos are more avertable than their star counterparts. The glide is still there, and potentially better, but they are OS

The only question I need answered - are they molding up more stable than their normal runs? If so, Halo Champion Roadrunners might empty my bank account.

So far the only Halo Champ discs were that batch of Wraiths.

I bag Halo Roadrunners though, and they're definitely more stable than any other Roadrunner I've ever seen.

...there's new ones at every Tern

I have not seen one in person yet, but 2 days ago I saw a Halo Tern for sale on Ebay. I generally don't care much for Terns,(too understable & too unpredictable). But I have a Hannah Leatherman swirly Star Tern and the additional stability that it has makes it perfect. If the Halo is anything close to the same, I'm definitely getting one! And a TL3. And a Wraith.

Previously, somebody suggested an Orc, which would be badass! But what I would really like to see is either a Starfire or a Gazelle!

I really liked my Halo Sidewinder....unfortunately, it took a hard right turn (not its fault) and is in the middle of a pond.

Bought a halo destroyer and threw it a few times before stashing it in my too big destroyer stack. Took it out a little while ago and it had that finger print thing going on where at first it was quite shiny and slick brand new. Don't mind the feel, just curious if this was happening a lot

Latest posts