• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hardest shot to master?

i threw a roller today....... it passed the basket..... over the road...... through the parking lot...... past the bathrooms..... into the baseball park where it finally stopped rolling.... probably rolled almost 1000 ft downhill.

my friend then said "ya gotta play it where it lies!"

The hardest to MASTER is a tomahawk, in my opinion. It is very easy to get alright at the throw, but TO get a huge distance like some people can get, takes a lot...and i mean ALOT of practice. There will be sore shoulders and bad throws a plenty, but its a good throw to have

I would say a backhand roller, it's just weird. Also a looong backhand anhyzer. I usually don't throw these since I can throw a hyzer with backhand or forehand fairly accurately. I've been working on the forehand roller a lot, but really don't have a course to use it on.

I would say rollers, but there are many shots I'm far from mastering, so my judgment may be clouded.

I'm pretty much in agreement with the board. Annies and rollers.

I think Anhyzer for sure. It is easy to flip it too much or not give it enough spin and then it fades back. Fortunately for me, I am Lefty, so I HAD to master it (Many courses I have played over the yrs and the 1 (H.B. CA) I learned on were very Righty biased). But, most RhBh throwers struggle with it.

Also rollers can take a minute to figure out. It is very subjective to the surface you are rolling on and how hard it hits the surface, how much spin you put on it, how long it is in the air vs. on the ground..... etc, etc

Right now, for me personally, throwing RhBh for distance would be my only "difficult" throw to master (although I am getting pretty good). I don't need to learn it for distance, cuz I gotta nice anhyzer. But it has been $$$ for short right to left hooks and approaches. RhBh putting i need to work on, but I don't really ever have to putt that way

The long anny without a comeback fade is pretty difficult but I think I would say the precise roller.

200 ft. shot, protected from thumbers and tomahawks, through a small window created by trees on either side with a steep drop-off at the back of the basket, during a tournament. This shot is to set up a save for par.

you can add uphill or downhill to it if you want, but straight away is good enough.

I don't evn attempt a roller unless I'm playing doubles and my partner is safe.
Long annies that fade back at the end, to get around obstacles. Those are the hardest to pull off for me.

Backhand Blues

I only started enjoying disc golf after I started throwing predominantly forehand. I started throwing backhand like everyone else and couldn't do a thing. I am still trying to get my backhand going but it is a real struggle.

So my answer is any kind of backhand, hyzer, anhy, you name it.

Latest posts