• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Has anyone tried the Vibram putter?

I'm getting the black VO VP and Summits (I already had the VPs, but had to sell them) and getting the red and blue production run and try to find another vomit one so I'll have all the different colors of VPs and Summits. Need to get a couple minis.

Damn Dave! That is a sweet stash. I love those marbley lookin ones. Thats a happy looking family there. I picked up a few of the Proto summits I love the feel of them. I got a couple of the Xlink putters on the way to. I cant wait to get them. I am wicked jealous of your collection. You should keep a better eye on them though it looks like they had babies when you weren't looking!:)

Its rubber not plastic

oh man that sounds awesome, i'm excited to see/hear more about the new putter their coming with, and i'm guessing the plastic is great because they do make souls for shoes etc.

I just did a bunch of research on these and they are not plastic the are rubber just like the soles on your shoes check the web page. sorry for the rant

Plastic does not always mean plastic

Plastic is often used as a catch-all term to refer to discs or the material they are made of.

Last edited:
Plastic is often used as a catch-all term to refer to discs or the material they are made of.
At the AM Worlds Fly Mart the Prez of Vibram was v e r y specific that the discs are "rubber" when someone looking at them asked what type of "plastic" they were.

At the AM Worlds Fly Mart the Prez of Vibram was v e r y specific that the discs are "rubber" when someone looking at them asked what type of "plastic" they were.

astro_man14 already informed everyone that they are made out of rubber not plastic but thanks for the further clarification.:thmbup:

astro_man14 already informed everyone that they are made out of rubber not plastic but thanks for the further clarification.

In case anyone missed any of the last 14 posts, the Vibram discs, much like everything Vibram makes, are made of rubber. Note, another way of wording this would be to say that they are not plastic. You could take it a step further and put both sentences together, such as, "Vibram's X-Link isn't really a plastic at all (use sarcastic tone here to imply the listener is a doofus), it is a rubber based material that is truly revolutionary to the sport of disc golf."

Afterwards, you should then take any and all discs within arms length and huck them into the nearest brick wall. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Then, with all of the might that God and evolution impaled you with, yell at the top of your lungs, THEY ARE RUBBER, LIKE THE VIBRAM SOLES ON YOUR SHOES! CAN YOU IMAGINE TRYING TO WALK WITH PLASTIC SOLES? NO GRIP, NO DURABILITY! COME ON, HAS ANYONE BEEN READING STEVE DODGE'S 420 POSTS OVER THE PAST 8 MONTHS?!?!?!?!?! :wall::clap::doh::hfive::rolleyes:

Note: A couple of other emoticons could have fit well here, but DGCR limits me to five. I had to take the emoticon out of the quote above just to get the head banger.

Plastic?

Wow, I don't think I can post without it being quoted.:clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap: So what you are saying is Vibram discs are rubber?

Last edited:
Wow, I don't think I can post without it being quoted.:clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap: So what you are saying is Vibram disc are rubber?

I was throwing one with a buddy the other day to warm up. They are different for sure. Its like they're made of rubber. The plastic is that soft.

I got mad at my VP the other day and threw it hard straight down into the ground.

It bounced like a basketball.

So I did it again. :D

Kids, dont try this at home with your new Nuke. :|