• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Dynamic Discs peaked?

Assume this is a dig at PP, 2x time she has done this

I doubt it was intended as a dig. Rusco has known Paige and her family since before she went to Prodigy. When she got a history making offer from Discraft, I bet he never even considered being the bad guy and holding her back. Sounds to me like he is just reassuring those sponsored now and in the future that DD can and will fulfill all sponsorship agreements. The ship is not sinking. No need to jump ship. Come aboard and be assured of smooth sailing. That sort of thing.

Last edited:
"and we will look to expand with more ambassadors and promoters that are actively growing the sport in their local community."

Yep, I've mentioned this before, why pay big bucks for 1 player when you can spend the same amount on perhaps dozens (or more?) ambassadors, etc, who will push the product locally? Solid business move. :clap:

Assume this is a dig at PP, 2x time she has done this

"While we want to have a large team and family atmosphere throughout our entire team, it is clear that money is what is most important at the tour team level"

I took this statement, as more of a dig on her.

"Well save the contracts for the big dogs" Paige was the biggest in FPO....DD lost their best player, def a step in the wrong direction. Trying to save face now with a previous lack of signed contracts and team support.

"While we want to have a large team and family atmosphere throughout our entire team, it is clear that money is what is most important at the tour team level"

I took this statement, as more of a dig on her.

Or, you know, it could just be the truth of the matter regardless of what happened with Paige.

Bottom line is that the gap between the local/regional pro and the touring pro is growing larger by the year. The local/regional pro being the weekend warrior who has a regular day job and is satisfied with a sponsorship that is largely product-based (discs, bags, apparel, etc) because he/she isn't relying on disc golf to keep food on the table, gas in the tank, etc. A manufacturer could sponsor a team of 50 such players for a year at about 10% of the cost of what Discraft is supposedly paying McBeth in annual salary alone.

Speaking of McBeth, he alluded to exactly this last year, suggesting that companies are sponsoring too many players overall and will have to cut back to give the touring players what they want/need. I think owners of these companies recognizing and acknowledging this new reality doesn't need to be seen as taking shots or making digs at any particular players.

As it should be. These players are walking billboards for the brands that sign them, they are always "ON". They should be making money representative of the value they give these companies. The best professional players in the world should be able to make a living off of their profession, no matter the sport.

As it should be. These players are walking billboards for the brands that sign them, they are always "ON". They should be making money representative of the value they give these companies. The best professional players in the world should be able to make a living off of their profession, no matter the sport.

Exactly, PP realized she was being taken advantage of under the guise of being "family" and left for greener (pun intended) pastures.

Exactly, PP realized she was being taken advantage of under the guise of being "family" and left for greener (pun intended) pastures.

"Being taken advantage of" is an absurd way of looking at it. She left for more money plain and simple. As she should have. But you're making it sound like DD was screwing her over, which is not the case at all. Discraft threw a bunch of money at her and as a Professional disc golfer you can't turn that down no matter who you are or are sponsored by.

The Oakleys talked about the fact that Pauls contract kind of "changed the game" on Smashboxx. . .sure it does, everybody knows that he got $250000 a year plus discs..and can compare that to what they them self gets

And i´m sure Tina and Eric kind of knows what Paige had with DD and got with Discraft

Must feel hard if you are "stuck" in a bad contract and then you hear of all these great ones

I'm sure they understand that Eric's not Paul and Tina's not PP. Not even close either. I bet they're still pretty happy with their DD partnership though. Paul and Paige are in a totally different realm than 95% of touring pros. Who's even close? Ricky, Eagle and maybe Simon.

I'm sure they understand that Eric's not Paul and Tina's not PP. Not even close either. I bet they're still pretty happy with their DD partnership though. Paul and Paige are in a totally different realm than 95% of touring pros. Who's even close? Ricky, Eagle and maybe Simon.

They were not talking about them vs paul or Paige. . .more that the contracts are geting bigger and most of the players know what other players get

So if player A has the same rating and media presence as player B. . .but Player B gets payed alot more. . .well player A might not be so happy with his contract

They were not talking about them vs paul or Paige. . .more that the contracts are geting bigger and most of the players know what other players get

So if player A has the same rating and media presence as player B. . .but Player B gets payed alot more. . .well player A might not be so happy with his contract

I get that. My point was that there's only One Paul and one PP. Rating and media presence are great and everything. But It's what have you won. PP and Paul win. Simon is over 1000 rated but so is the majority of an MPO card on an NT or DGPT. Sexton is over 1000 rated. People love Sexton and Simon. No company is giving them Paul contracts though. We don't know the $ for Paige's contract compared to Paul's though yet. It's one thing to know what PP was getting at DD compared to what she's getting from Discraft. But basically all the other players need to take what they can get. With the exception of a very few elite level players. And those players probably have no leverage until they win something.

And i´m sure Tina and Eric kind of knows what Paige had with DD and got with Discraft. Must feel hard if you are "stuck" in a bad contract and then you hear of all these great ones

Who do you think could be stuck with a contract that doesn't represent their potential market value? Are you saying Eric or Tina falls into that category? :confused:

Who do you think could be stuck with a contract that doesn't represent their potential market value? Are you saying Eric or Tina falls into that category? :confused:

Let´s just say for argument sake that Someone like Simon sign a 3-5y deal that seems ok at the time.
Then Paul goes an sign a $250000 deal

Or if just after Paul had signed his $250000 deal...Ricky would have got a $500000 deal, would Paul be happy with his deal then?

So anyone that signed a multiyear deal before 2017-2018 might have a "not so good deal" at the moment
As Rusco said, the price of the players has multiplied in just the last few years

Eric seamed fine with his contract

Let´s just say for argument sake that Someone like Simon sign a 3-5y deal that seems ok at the time.
Then Paul goes an sign a $250000 deal

Or if just after Paul had signed his $250000 deal...Ricky would have got a $500000 deal, would Paul be happy with his deal then?

Oh for sure, I was just wondering other than a few people (like those you mentioned), who could even justify that thought process?

Oh for sure, I was just wondering other than a few people (like those you mentioned), who could even justify that thought process?

I think however you are, you can always find a player with similar Rating and "media presence" and compare what you get compared to them

No one compares to Paul and Paige and can NOT demand THAT kind of a contract. .

But i´m sure many pros look at what other pros get i wonder "why can´t i get that?"
at the same time it must be difficult to "know your worth"

Let´s take Henna Bloomros as an example. . she is the 3rd highest rated FPO player. . but she does not have a big win and she have not played that much on tour.
If she goes to Innova, whats her worth against lower rated Players on Innova s team that plays all the tour stops? Evelinna has a big win but i rated lower, do Henna get the same contract?

Simon vs Eagle .. . Eagle is the higher rated player and have more wins....but no one can touch Simons popularity. . .are both worth the same?

My issue with DD is their branding. I don't take issue with their plastic, but everything about the company feels dorky. I could go on but that basically covers my 2 cents.

Latest posts