• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Paige Pierce peaked?

Having two wins in a row still doesn't mean that she hasn't peaked already.

Sure, Tiger won today, too. But something tells me that he probably already peaked.

Note that I'm not saying that Paige has peaked. I was just making an observation. :)

Who cares really? When was last time you won?

Sure, Tiger won today, too. But something tells me that he probably already peaked.

Note that I'm not saying that Paige has peaked. I was just making an observation. :)

Interesting how "peaked" and "at the top of your game" are both a climax of sorts but viewed as negative and positive respectively. What keeps McBeth winning is his maturity and dedication and the same was said of Tiger today that his library of knowledge of the Masters course helped him win. Paige is still quite young and has room to grow, mature and learn. I think as the science of disc golf evolves we will see the gameplay change and player increase longevity, and shots increase in complexity. I watched the masters thinking it would take me 20+ putts to get the ball in the hole on some of those greens. How many people are studying McBeth and Wysocki now learning from them? No, I don't think Paige is at the top of her game yet.

She played really smart R3, first time in a long time i could say that about her game. . . but then again, she did not have to "hunt" from way behind this time.

But her C1x putting is terrible at the moment. . basicly everything else works fine. . her drives was all over the place in the fist events of 2019, now she have dialed them in. . .if she can do the same for putting she will win everything

Paige is still quite young and has room to grow, mature and learn.

She's about the same age as Paul McBeth 28 or 29. In disc golf terms I wouldn't say she's "still quite young". btw.. Sarah's 37, 35, I didn't know they were that much older than PP until I looked it up. Crazy to think Sarah will be master's age in a few years.

Paige might have peaked as far as raw physical talent, but I don't think she has peaked when it comes to her mental game. If she wants it bad enough... the division is hers to dominate.

Is it easier for a MPO player to reach 1000 rated than a FPO player?
Robert Mcall often says that Paige outdrives him and he seams to think that Paige is better than him, but still he is over 1000 in spite that he does not play that much. . .No FPO player is over 1000, Paige was on a good path in 2017-2018 but now her rating just goes down

Is it easier for a MPO player to reach 1000 rated than a FPO player?
Robert Mcall often says that Paige outdrives him and he seams to think that Paige is better than him, but still he is over 1000 in spite that he does not play that much. . .No FPO player is over 1000, Paige was on a good path in 2017-2018 but now her rating just goes down

Driving distance is a terrible metric to use comparing male and female players. It is more about form and quickness than upper body strength. IMO the place the ladies suffer in comparison to the men is on standstill shots and in putting which is where being stronger does confer more advantage.

In case you didn't open my "spoiler" here it is, copied and pasted, with bold emphasis added. And I quote:

"Note that I'm not saying that Paige has peaked. I was just making an observation. :)"

I guess I should have put the smiley in my normal text and not used a spoiler at all. This is apparently what I get for trying to have a little fun. :D

Who cares really? When was last time you won?

Hyzflip10, I will try to answer your questions without being flippant or curt.

Who really cares? The op posted the thread and it's around 280 replies or so at this point. So it seems that several people might care. And this is a common sports conversation... discussing the greatness of professional athletes before, during, and after their primes. So my guess is that a lot of fans of Paige, and other disc golf fans, are interested and care about this topic.

When was that last time you won? Well, this really doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with the thread. But if you really do "care"... See what I did there? :p I won a C tier, my first tourney ever, in the Rec Division in 2011 and an Ace Race in 2011 or 2012? I won a very small league I played in a couple years ago (2016?). So it's been a while. And Yes, Jimb has peaked. I'm 51, working through an injury, and don't anticipate my game ever being what it was just 2-3 years ago. :(;)

Interesting how "peaked" and "at the top of your game" are both a climax of sorts but viewed as negative and positive respectively. What keeps McBeth winning is his maturity and dedication and the same was said of Tiger today that his library of knowledge of the Masters course helped him win. Paige is still quite young and has room to grow, mature and learn. I think as the science of disc golf evolves we will see the gameplay change and player increase longevity, and shots increase in complexity. I watched the masters thinking it would take me 20+ putts to get the ball in the hole on some of those greens. How many people are studying McBeth and Wysocki now learning from them? No, I don't think Paige is at the top of her game yet.

I don't think that Paige has peaked, OR reached the top of her game yet. If I were a betting man, I would say the best is yet to come for her. It may be harder for her to accumulate as high a win percentage as she has in the past, but I believe that this is a testimony to the level of competition getting better, and not to the quality of her game. It's been said before, but if Paige can resolve what appear to be some mental lapses and/or poor course management decisions, I don't believe that we've seen her best yet, and I hope not. It sure is fun to watch Paige, and the rest of the women's field, play at a high level like they can and do. :hfive:

In case you didn't open my "spoiler" here it is, copied and pasted, with bold emphasis added. And I quote:

"Note that I'm not saying that Paige has peaked. I was just making an observation. :)"

I guess I should have put the smiley in my normal text and not used a spoiler at all. This is apparently what I get for trying to have a little fun. :D

Hyzflip10, I will try to answer your questions without being flippant or curt.

Who really cares? The op posted the thread and it's around 280 replies or so at this point. So it seems that several people might care. And this is a common sports conversation... discussing the greatness of professional athletes before, during, and after their primes. So my guess is that a lot of fans of Paige, and other disc golf fans, are interested and care about this topic.

When was that last time you won? Well, this really doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with the thread. But if you really do "care"... See what I did there? :p I won a C tier, my first tourney ever, in the Rec Division in 2011 and an Ace Race in 2011 or 2012? I won a very small league I played in a couple years ago (2016?). So it's been a while. And Yes, Jimb has peaked. I'm 51, working through an injury, and don't anticipate my game ever being what it was just 2-3 years ago. :(;)

I don't think that Paige has peaked, OR reached the top of her game yet. If I were a betting man, I would say the best is yet to come for her. It may be harder for her to accumulate as high a win percentage as she has in the past, but I believe that this is a testimony to the level of competition getting better, and not to the quality of her game. It's been said before, but if Paige can resolve what appear to be some mental lapses and/or poor course management decisions, I don't believe that we've seen her best yet, and I hope not. It sure is fun to watch Paige, and the rest of the women's field, play at a high level like they can and do. :hfive:

I agree with the poster which said these type of threads are rude and we can do better.

I likely was rude and flippant, but I do think it is bad form and a bad look to put someone's victory in a bad light like this. Armchair quarterback is what it is called in a different sport.

I am old school and believe you shouldnt criticize someone unless you can do it better than they can. Otherwise it comes across empty and hollow.

Congrats on your wins. I'm also in my 50s, game has somewhat plateaued but still better than I was 20 years ago. I don't play many tourney's anymore, just like being out there throwing. I likely would cash in my division, but when you factor in food travel, etc, not worth the risk of being stuck in a bad group that makes it not worth while.

I agree with the poster which said these type of threads are rude and we can do better.

I believe that we are each entitled to our own opinions. :thmbup: Yes, I believe that the wording of the thread title could be different/better. But I don't believe that the concept is anything that should be off limits. We're discussing something we're interested in and this topic can be quite entertaining. I've actually learned some things from these types of threads.

I likely was rude and flippant, but I do think it is bad form and a bad look to put someone's victory in a bad light like this. Armchair quarterback is what it is called in a different sport.

I didn't intend to put anyone's win in a bad light. As I noted in me spoiler, I was just making an observation.

A win is a win, which is a great thing. But a win doesn't necessarily mean that a person isn't "past their prime", "peaked" or maybe not at their all-time highest level of personal performance. (Again, not saying that this applied to Paige at all.) Another example, from an armchair quarterback perspective.... Tom Brady may not be as good as he was a few years ago. That obviously doesn't mean that he isn't still one of the best and 100% capable of leading a team to a Championship at his current skill level. This is not a "bust" on the player at all. This is just talking about things that interested us (me).

I am old school and believe you shouldnt criticize someone unless you can do it better than they can. Otherwise it comes across empty and hollow.

Actually, I didn't criticize anyone. I made an observation and expressed an opinion. I just said that two wins in a row doesn't necessarily mean that a person is in their prime. This was in no way intended to belittle the accomplishment.

And thanks for the congrats. They're old victories, and I've peaked, but I'm still having fun and love competing when I can actually get on the course. :hfive:

Last edited:
I believe that we are each entitled to our own opinions. :thmbup: Yes, I believe that the wording of the thread title could be different/better. But I don't believe that the concept is anything that should be off limits. We're discussing something we're interested in and this topic can be quite entertaining. I've actually learned some things from these types of threads.

I didn't intend to put anyone's win in a bad light. As I noted in me spoiler, I was just making an observation.

A win is a win, which is a great thing. But a win doesn't necessarily mean that a person isn't "past their prime", "peaked" or maybe not at their all-time highest level of personal performance. (Again, not saying that this applied to Paige at all.) Another example, from an armchair quarterback perspective.... Tom Brady may not be as good as he was a few years ago. That obviously doesn't mean that he isn't still one of the best and 100% capable of leading a team to a Championship at his current skill level. This is not a "bust" on the player at all. This is just talking about things that interested us (me).

Actually, I didn't criticize anyone. I made an observation and expressed an opinion. I just said that two wins in a row doesn't necessarily mean that a person is in their prime. This was in no way intended to belittle the accomplishment.

And thanks for the congrats. They're old victories, and I've peaked, but I'm still having fun and love competing when I can actually get on the course. :hfive:

Meh, this thread is past it's prime :)

I know it's been addressed already, but if this were true why did Tiger have a golf coach when he was at the top of his game? Or Serena? Or any other professional athlete? Just because I'm not as good as you doesn't mean I can't find a hitch in your giddyup.

You're one of the few persons in the world who believes this, judging from the myriad sites on every subject from golf to the gridiron, and 'armchair quarterbacks' abounding in every possible way.

I fundamentally disagree with your statement (quoted above), as well. I don't need to be a great NFL player to see that Matt Ryan blew it in the Super Bowl and cost the Falcons the game by not standing up to the idiot coaches...

I know it's been addressed already, but if this were true why did Tiger have a golf coach when he was at the top of his game? Or Serena? Or any other professional athlete? Just because I'm not as good as you doesn't mean I can't find a hitch in your giddyup.

Valid point. I'm guessing Tiger didn't seek advice from a bunch of random dudes on the internet. He likely sought out a trained swing coach.

You're one of the few persons in the world who believes this, judging from the myriad sites on every subject from golf to the gridiron, and 'armchair quarterbacks' abounding in every possible way.

I fundamentally disagree with your statement (quoted above), as well. I don't need to be a great NFL player to see that Matt Ryan blew it in the Super Bowl and cost the Falcons the game by not standing up to the idiot coaches...

Yeah, I know, the internet is full of armchair quarterbacks.

I also Iknew you would disagree and I'm ok with that.

Only difference here is she has actually won her last 2 events, and I'm guessing it is not because you posted something you thought was clever on the internet.

Only difference here is she has actually won her last 2 events, and I'm guessing it is not because you posted something you thought was clever on the internet.

No, she won because of the intentionally humorous title I gave this thread. ;)

I don't really post much anymore but popping in and seeing this on the forums was really interesting to me.

When this thread was made it was obviously a tongue in cheek reference to the thread about Will Schusterick and the struggles he was having and at the time Paige was dominating FPO. It goes to show that, as nothing ever really leaves the internet, if you create a thread like this it will eventually become relevant in a serious way. On a long enough timeline we all fail and breakdown and win for the last time.

I don't really post much anymore but popping in and seeing this on the forums was really interesting to me.

When this thread was made it was obviously a tongue in cheek reference to the thread about Will Schusterick and the struggles he was having and at the time Paige was dominating FPO. It goes to show that, as nothing ever really leaves the internet, if you create a thread like this it will eventually become relevant in a serious way. On a long enough timeline we all fail and breakdown and win for the last time.

This reminds me of the thread where the poster was working on spin control so he could predict what happens after his disc hits a tree. I just said to focus on hitting the line, not hitting an obstacle.

It all depends on what you choose to focus on. If you are focused on the negative, it increases the likelihood that it will happen. If you focus on the positive, it increases the likelihood that will also happen.

Valid point. I'm guessing Tiger didn't seek advice from a bunch of random dudes on the internet. He likely sought out a trained swing coach.

So essentially, what you are asking for is for there to be zero sports fans.

Maybe you should think about the consequences of your desire.

Latest posts