• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has your March weather sucked?

2022 March Weather

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Typical March in central Indiana. 70 and sunny played league in shorts and a tshirt yesterday and will be in long pants and a hoody with a stocking cap today in the 40s.

Virginia Beach temps in March 25-80 degrees, and snow for one day with wind. Not much rain. The higher wind has been unusual this time of year, a handful of days with winds 20-35 mph gusty up to 40, but a play day 25-40 gusty up to 50. I found out what I call my wind disc didn't do so well that day getting slammed except for a Star Destroyer.

My home course Munden Point has wind all year round off a river, this morning 15-25 gusty 30 and no wind slams. I've learned to enjoy playing in the wind there the past two years, and always look for a high wind day to play there. But at least 1/2 dozens trees down and several ready to drop.

For those familiar with Bayville designed by Ed Headrick 1977. I played there a few days ago the first time in a few weeks, several trees had dropped and it was just stunning to see some holes 4, 6, and 18 so open, there now easier ace runs.

Calumet, MI reporting...I did play 18 holes on Tuesday! We had a warm spell then a cold spell so you could walk on top of the snow, otherwise there's just no way without snowshoes.

To answer the question - March weather always sucks around here.:mad:

I'm with shakatak in Central Iowa. Got out a few times, but windier than normal (good for all the windmills generating electricity in Iowa), but had plans foiled several times. 2 full days of rain when in Kansas City, no bueno.... tornadoes were 20 miles south of me... ended March with a lovely inch of snow on the ground. Better get better quick, I have a use it or lose it vacation next week and many courses in mind to enjoy!

I'm debating going to the first night of league at ROMO tonight. I've got about 30 minutes to make up my mind. It's been wet and real super windy all day, now the lake effect snow has started. On the other hand, I'll be setting my average. Hmmmmmm....

Pretty sure I've played two or three rounds in shorts and a tee shirt.

Of course I've also played some rounds in screaming winds, sub freezing temps, and snow.

So I guess pretty typical for Colorado this time of year.

I'll play in pretty much any condition, but had:

- <25F + 15 mph wind
- warmer but 20 mph wind
- cold, raining, and 30 mph wind

On consecutive weekends.

I'm already not very good, no need to make it worse every day!

I'm debating going to the first night of league at ROMO tonight. I've got about 30 minutes to make up my mind. It's been wet and real super windy all day, now the lake effect snow has started. On the other hand, I'll be setting my average. Hmmmmmm....

Work that handicap system for all it's worth... :)

< not the one who has to play in crap conditions. :D

I don't think the KC metro has gotten any really unusual weather this March (other than the 80+ day the first week). Handful of decent weekends and 1-2 that were cold & had some precipitation. Some really nice weekdays getting up into the high 70s. Usually some extra wind when the warm temps come around but I'm now used to 10mph or more throughout the year. I'm kinda happy the rain/precipitation has been midweek for the most part.

I don't really enjoy playing in <50 degree weather with high winds/snow/rain but have never dropped out of a tournament due to weather. So far in 2022 my rated rounds have averaged about 1/2 to 1 stroke under my rating which can be attributed to playing in some extra layers, some unlucky putting (curses directed at DD Veteran basket slippery chains :wall:), and cold hands (backups leading to cooling off too much :\).

Little bit of a blessing being forced to slowly ramp up practice/playing by taking some breaks on the not so great days.

SE PA.

Just lots of wind and rainy enough that many courses are perpetually soggy. Temperature never knows what range it wants to stay at. Freezing one day, 70 degree day the next.

Work that handicap system for all it's worth... :)

< not the one who has to play in crap conditions. :D

I sat down to type that, and after being on my feet for 10 hours today at work, my aging body basically became the shape of a chair and resisted changing to something else. I looked at the radar, at the wind chill, and figured out I'd get home and have 1 hour before I'd have to get in bed.

I'll start ROMO league some other night.

I'm in Tennessee, so I kind of expect it to be 70 and perfect in March. We had the one snow weekend where it was like 12 degrees. And a handful of 70 degree days with a LOT of wind. I don't necessarily hate wind, but I hate wind this time of year because the ground is so soft and I don't want to get crushed by a tree. It has mostly been in the 50's and dreary and muddy when I've gotten to play.

It's been okay. You've seen it the last 3 rounds of the DGPT. Pretty windy (typical March), but the temps have mostly been okay.

Not nearly as much rain as we need. As much as it would suck, we need April and May to really wet.

Weather has been worse this year than last for disc golf to start the year. March not especially bad, but def not good.

I'm in Tennessee, so I kind of expect it to be 70 and perfect in March. We had the one snow weekend where it was like 12 degrees. And a handful of 70 degree days with a LOT of wind. I don't necessarily hate wind, but I hate wind this time of year because the ground is so soft and I don't want to get crushed by a tree. It has mostly been in the 50's and dreary and muddy when I've gotten to play.

I am also in TN, middle TN to narrow it down. It is funny, I voted that the weather has been perfect, because to me mid 50s is the absolute perfect weather. Warm enough for short sleeves, cold enough to keep the spiders hidden, I love it.

Really windy, super wet and I've busted ass a bunch of times.

Three falls in one tournament a couple of weeks ago. There is a giant moose shaped divot at the Pasture.

I am also in TN, middle TN to narrow it down. It is funny, I voted that the weather has been perfect, because to me mid 50s is the absolute perfect weather. Warm enough for short sleeves, cold enough to keep the spiders hidden, I love it.

X2. I was talking to a lady earlier today and she was saying she wanted it to be warmer. Between 40's and 60's and I'm a happy camper.

It will get warmer (hot) and I'll be out playing, but I like the mild weather best.

With a few extreme exceptions, from October through April is the best time to play disc golf in Texas. The rest of the year, it's a little too warm with too many critters to distract you from your game. As for the wind? It happens, except when you really want it (late June through mid-September).

Latest posts