• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

have you ever been robbed an ace?

Everytime I hit metal on a drive I am robbed, everytime I just miss the basket I am robbed because the basket was in the wrong place!

today my polecat hit dead center of the basket and chains but came back out.

Then later that round i popped hole 16 with it.

Woot

Thats what you get for using a Polecat . . . while I say this in gest . . . I also think there is validity to the fact that softer plastic like Polecats, pro rhynos, and most r-pro plastic . . . can have a tendency to bounce out more than others. While I do feel they have a better tendency to stick in the basket after just barely catching chains, (AKA a slightly missed putt) I have also seen these softer plastics go in dead center chains and kick out way more than a more solid plastic (this happens when the disc gets all the way into the pole but even tonight I think I witnessed it going in hitting solid center chains at a goofy angle and still bouncing out). . . so it is up to you . . . do you want your disc to catch better on slightly missed putts, or catch 100% of the time on "hit putts".

how many times till it happens? :|

patience_grasshopper.jpg

Is every metal hit off the tee considered getting robbed? I think its called missing.

The first ace I ended up actually counting dropped through the basket itself. Old hole 18 at Shady Oaks in Streamwood, IL. Lots of those baskets were broken and had wires and string to keep discs from falling out.

KC Teebird dead lazer hits and sticks...as we are walking down the fairway ~20 seconds later, it just drops through the bottom of the cage onto the ground :(

Last edited:
The first ace I ended up actually counting dropped through the basket itself. Old hole 18 at Shady Oaks in Streamwood, IL. Lots of those baskets were broken and had wires and string to keep discs from falling out.

KC Teebird dead lazer hits and sticks...as we are walking down the fairway ~20 seconds later, it just drops through the bottom of the cage onto the ground

thats CRAP that shoulda counted

I don't think of it as being robbed, rather any ace that sticks is a gift. You would throw a putt that hard and expect it to stay in.

Before I got my first ace, the closest I had ever come was also the sickest:

Playing in a tournament, the Ace Pot was $500. The hole was only 240ft, but protected by some trees. I threw a Star Leopard, and it missed the trees by inches, came back around, looked like it was going in, and hit the top rim of the basket, and dropped to the ground. I was sick to my stomach. Some one else in the tournament got an ace, but I still would have gone home with $250 in my pocket.

I had it skip and fly towards the basket(which was lower lvl) but there was a log there so it stopped. Made for an easy bird though.

guess im not alone

just wanted to hear that i wasnt the only one still not hitting my ace and constantly keep coming close but i know i have to be patient and it will come. It seems that the most successful aces are the hyzer attemps the dead center way always jumps back out unless ur too lucky. I guess you have to go straight (sidearm) and get that perfect distance to turn right at the exact moment then an ace is born. back hand same way.:)

Too many to count. I've probably hit chains, basket, pole, number plate, cement at least 30+ times and I only have three aces to my name.

Someone once told me that you're going to ace when you least expect it, and by golly all three of my aces were completely unexpected. Usually I am lying up for an easy birdie and next thing I know it's in the basket.

I was playing with some folks from DGCR a few months back and came up to a hole I had just aced 4 months before. Threw my R-Pro Roc and nailed dead center chains then it popped out. Would have been my first ACE while actually playing with people. All my others have been by myself with either my kids or park goers as witnesses.

my girlfriend anhyzered her champion leopard smack dead into the chains from about 220 feet - we both watched the disc hit the chains and go round and round within the chains before it just dropped out. we were both stunned - it appeared the disc was going to stay in the chains as it was there for so long.

when it dropped out we couldn't believe it.

every time I tee off and it doesn't go in I feel I've been robbed of an ace. Inconsiderate basket not being where I threw it.

I have been robbed three times but have ace one of thows that robbed me it feels even better after be robberd on that hole.

I hurt my right hand lifting my son over a fence to retrieve a disc. So I went out the next day throwing a round left hand back hand. Hit the back side of the chains on 184 footer. Never got that close RHBH. Would have been sweet to hit it left-handed. I guess I wasn't "robbed"... but fortunate to get that close.

Latest posts