• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you ever fallen down when throwing?

Have you ever fallen down when throwing?

• Yes

Votes: 119 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 10.5%

• Total voters
I voted no because it hasn't happend to me in recent memory. But I suppose I probably have fallen throwing at some point.

fo sho...i fell in a tourney on the teepad (hole 16 at fountain hills). My plant/pivot foot slipped and I landed flat on my back. I held onto the disc so I was able to regroup and try again.

i've fallen on both icy teepads and standing in a bad lie. a friend of mine did a full body faceplant in the deep snow after a drive this past year.

Fell over throwing last night in fact. and hucked a thumber about 330' in the process. Got a little muddy but my whole group of 7 (including myself) was impressed with where it landed. Almost on top of the basket, middle of the fairway. Missed my par 4 eagle putt (I'll blame it on that I was throwing a driver)

many moons ago, when i used to use a fair run-up, on a wet asphalt tee. slipped right off the front and onto my ass.

I have been known to pull a Favre. When I hit the deck, I keep my head up to see if the shot was good. If it wasn't, you bet I hurt myself on that fall! If it was a good one I'm good to go.

The worst incident wasn't even a fall really. I slipped on a teepad and tried to jump over the mud puddle on the end, only to end up straddling a signpost that was just tall enough to make me curse for half an hour.

I jammed my foot into the curb they put at the front end of the tee pad. I was out of the game for about a month.

Oh, I fell after I jammed my foot.

Have slipped and busted my knee more than once!!!:wall: Thanks too some punks putting sk8 wax at the end of a concrete tee pad!! 1st tee at that : !!!!!

Yup. Tee shot on Hole 3 at Fire Mountain DGC.

Tee box is surrounded by big railroad ties at the front and both sides with loose gravel inside of them.

Took a big cut and when I planted my foot slipped on the gravel and I went down hard on one of the ties.

Smarted for a bit but recovered to finish the round out. Felt like a doof afterward though and had a good scrape on the forearm to boot.

Yes. One was really funny, I finished the drive and my back foot was coming around behind my other leg. When it set down (off the pad) it slipped on mud and I did a spin and splits kinda maneuver as I fell. Was painful and ended up landing my ass right in the mud.

Well i usually "save" myself by landing up in a push up / breakdancer position. "Now that's commitment" will come out of some wise-asses mouth.

slipped on some snow and damn near did the splits (impressive for a fat guy) destroyed a pair of jeans that were close to the rag bin in the process.