• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Have you tried the Unlace

stevep

Birdie Member
Has anyone else thrown the Unlace? If so what do you think of it?
I took it out for a round last weekend and I really like this disc. It has a long glide on flat throws, and will hold a gentle anhyzer throw for a very long flight.

How do you throw

It is very good for a flat drive and holds an anhyzer really good also. You cant throw it will a lot of snap without it turning over, but even with just an arm throw, it goes long.

I got a medium 1. love it. sails without much effort. use it for super annies too. great because my forehand sucks. waitin to get a firm one. the medium has a super floppy flight plate.

I got a medium 1. love it. sails without much effort. use it for super annies too. great because my forehand sucks. waitin to get a firm one. the medium has a super floppy flight plate.

Hey welcome to the site! Much better site than discaroo!

Rubber arm's delight. Rare wide rimmed beast that doesn't require a big arm for max distance.

If you throw over 300' this will be very flippy for you. Havent gotten many throws in with it, but i think rollers and understable trick shot stuff is about all this thing is good for for someone who throws 350'+

It's my favorite driver when there's not a lot of wind, besides a tailwind anyway. It bombs in an open field, but it also powers down well considering how fast it is.

I nicknamed my UnLace the turn-o-matic. We have a 350' dogleg right hole on the home course which is now child's play with the UnLace. I had troubles getting my Pro Leopard to turn consistently on this hole, especially with a head wind. The Sidewinder was even worse. The UnLace doesn't care about the stupid wind, it will just turn and land near the basket.

As for our distance hole at 567', well I have to be careful with the UnLace. It will either go 350' *for me* ending with a roll in the right direction or I can easily turn it over too soon and watch in terror as it heads right for the pond.

It is what it is, a high-speed, under-stable driver. The disc is staying in the bag replacing the Leopards and Sidewinder. Nevertheless, if there is a more stable distance driver that has as much "distance-with-ease" potential, I would love to know.

I just started throwing the oLace a few weeks ago and gained almost 50ft with it! I trow right about 320 with confidence. I am a noodle arm too. I have no disc that I feel confident with to throw either an anhizer or anything that can turn right. I started playing with a RHFH throw so I can get discs to bend right. But was wondering if this disc is the right one for me now that I primarily throw RHBH at about 300ft.

Just got an Unlace. Hard for me to figure it out. Throw too low, and it's going to roll. Too high, and I get a good turn, then what appears to be a nose up stall.

It's the perfect for people who want to throw speed 13 but don't have the snap for normal high speed discs. If you throw more than 400', this disc is hilariously flippy, but doesn't really serve a purpose unless you want to throw sky hyzer flip rollers.

If inbounds is correct, and it's one of the two longest discs made, how does one throw it to make it go that far?

lol glad I am not the only person who couldn't get this thing to fly right at all.

The combination of speed and stability make it stupid hard to dial in with any power. Its truly a distance driver designed for people who cannot throw fast drivers and want that "easy d"

I could see this being popular with kids, older players or even someone who is handicapped and not able to get full ranges of motion.

Latest posts