• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hawk Hollow Open 2011 - Images

FredVegasDGC

Double Eagle Member
The Hawk Hollow Open is done. The weather was clear & cool. Yesterday it was very windy and there was a little wind today.

For now I'm posting my favorite image from the weekend.

HHOpenBestW.jpg

I'm not good with the names of the players or who finished where. If anyone wants to fill in the tourney details feel free.

I'll be posting the images in a Hawk Hollow Open 2011 Photobucket album.

The Hawk Hollow Open is done. The weather was clear & cool. Yesterday it was very windy and there was a little wind today.

HHOpenBestW.jpg
Sweet pic!

you rock kevin! i'll try to figure out who they all are as best i can (although i'm already having trouble with number one)- i think that is dennis (dw) moore...

Last edited:

HHOpenBestW.jpg

I'm not good with the names of the players or who finished where. If anyone wants to fill in the tourney details feel free.

I'll be posting the images in a Hawk Hollow Open 2011 Photobucket album.

this pic reminds me of that shot Tiger had where he drilled the camera and the guy didnt move

Whats that wide lens you're using?

I took a Nikon D2x with a 10.5mm super wide and mounted it on a small tripod. I connected a wireless remote trigger and set a long depth of field. I wasn't behind the camera but standing off to the side so I wouldn't be in the pic. As groups came up to the tee box I would blast off about 5-10 frames per throw. There are others like this but not where the disc is centered.

It was a different angle that I was hoping would work.

My biggest concern was distracting the players. During the Mid-Atlantic meet it really didn't bother me but during the Open they were playing for money. The players were real cool about it and didn't hit the trees I was hiding behind as much.