• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Heading East (WI, IL, IN, OH, PA)

Alright since your already on your way Highbridge is gonna be a great one to play however as you start to make your way down through the state I would also suggest Heistand park in madison, wi. Also, Lustig in Janesville is a nice wooded park without a lot of obstacles. Once you get into Illinois look up Ana Page park they have two courses on site that are quite challenging once's pretty open where the other is pretty wooded with some nice long pins. If you want to go out of your way Sinnissippe in Sterling, Il is one of the best courses I've ever played 9 are wooded and close together with different elevations and the back 9 are more spaced out in the open.

Now in the way of brewpubs in Wisconsin there's the Great Dane brewpub in Madison. The Ale house in Milwaukee. The grumpy troll in Mt. Horeb. Brewery Creek in Mineral Point. Now if your looking for good breweries then tyranena in Lake Mills, is one of my favorites with some good strong brews. Sprecher in Milwaukee. And Ale Asylum in Madison.

Have fun and Have a good trip. Any questions just let me know.

Highbridge was incredible as expected, or even more incredible, can't believe it's taken me this long to get there. Sandy point and the surrounding courses made for a very nice day yesterday, Today I'm at the Tailings heading south. Green Bay and Winter Park tomorrow, Appleton Thursday, then I think I'll try to get to Manitowoc and Sheboygan on Friday and stick around for the Clash at the Quarry on Saturday.

Highbridge was incredible as expected, or even more incredible, can't believe it's taken me this long to get there. Sandy point and the surrounding courses made for a very nice day yesterday, Today I'm at the Tailings heading south. Green Bay and Winter Park tomorrow, Appleton Thursday, then I think I'll try to get to Manitowoc and Sheboygan on Friday and stick around for the Clash at the Quarry on Saturday.

Nice Martin . . .tell the TD (a really good friend of mine (Terry Miller)you know harr0140 he will get kick out of it. I'm trying to convince everyone to call me by my DGCR username.

If you come through Milwaukee on Monday I would gladly meet up for a round, but I will be gone during the weekend of the tourney so I cannot meet up with you then.

PS Dretzka is being pulled on Saturday so you can scratch that off your list if that was your plan.

Pine Hills Golf Club in Ottawa, IL (course is 15 min off of I-80, exit 90)has an 18 hole, par 63 temp course set up for the fall/winter.
Weather pending, carts are available for use.
Call for teetime- 8154343985

Pine Hills Golf Club in Ottawa, IL (course is 15 min off of I-80, exit 90)has an 18 hole, par 63 temp course set up for the fall/winter.
Weather pending, carts are available for use.
Call for teetime- 8154343985

Dana, I will definitely hit you up this winter sometime to come down for a round. Is the course wide open or does it use the wooded areas of the course? I would likely want to play on a day that isn't too cold.

I've played a TON of amazing courses thus far, very impressive Wisconsin (I curse your no dog laws though). Currently in Fond du Lac, going to play Ripon courses and Zobel today, probably work my way through Milwaukee area (at least the west side) and to Grey Fox by Tues.

Martin make sure ou PM me when you're in th Pittsburgh area. I'd be more than happy to show you around the local courses.

I've played a TON of amazing courses thus far, very impressive Wisconsin (I curse your no dog laws though). Currently in Fond du Lac, going to play Ripon courses and Zobel today, probably work my way through Milwaukee area (at least the west side) and to Grey Fox by Tues.

That's always frustrated me when I toto wisconsin and can't bring the dog along to so many of the courses.

Working my way through Chicago, I'll try to be to Oak brook by 4pm or so and the Commons for a glow round if that's what's going down. After that I think I'll be working my way to Indianapolis for the Challenge of the pines on Sunday - anybody have any input on the event or the course?

It was nice playing with you today, unfortunately it had to only be Abendschein and not Grey Fox, Dretzka, or Brown Deer . . .maybe next time. TOO bad about the travel tags not being able to be traded, seems a little prohibitive for something that is supposed to get people out to play together with other members. Have a great rest of the trip and know how jealous many of us on DGCR are!

Working my way through Chicago, I'll try to be to Oak brook by 4pm or so and the Commons for a glow round if that's what's going down. After that I think I'll be working my way to Indianapolis for the Challenge of the pines on Sunday - anybody have any input on the event or the course?

A few of the locals (Cincinnati) have commented on the course and tourney being a lot of fun.
I hope you are coming through Cincy to play the "big 3" in the Cincy area (Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge and Mt Airy). PM if you would like a guide.
Enjoy your trip...Have a safe trip.

A few of the locals (Cincinnati) have commented on the course and tourney being a lot of fun.
I hope you are coming through Cincy to play the "big 3" in the Cincy area (Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge and Mt Airy). PM if you would like a guide.
Enjoy your trip...Have a safe trip.

You may get an appearance from myself and a few other DGCR'ers next week. I'll get in touch when I'm there - I've already played Lincoln Ridge and Idlewild, and definitely want to get back.

It was nice playing with you today, unfortunately it had to only be Abendschein and not Grey Fox, Dretzka, or Brown Deer . . .maybe next time. TOO bad about the travel tags not being able to be traded, seems a little prohibitive for something that is supposed to get people out to play together with other members. Have a great rest of the trip and know how jealous many of us on DGCR are!

Oh, that's right -- I just traded YOUR old tag (that we swapped back in January at Tendick) for Martin's! Remember the clusterf*** we caused when we did a 3-way swap that day with mashnut? The travel tag system could definitely use some tweaks, but it sounds like a lot of math and programming stuff. :gross:

It all stems from that one crazy day in January. I had problems trading with Martin too.

Latest posts