• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help! Going to Disney week of 5/11

Jkoz

Hey Florida folks,

I am heading to Disney on Sunday 5/11 and want to play a round. What is the closest course. I won't have a car and need to know if there are any bus lines that run to/close to a course. from what i see turkey lake looks the closest.
i am staying at fort wilderness lodge.
please help!l

Hey Florida folks,

I am heading to Disney on Sunday 5/11 and want to play a round. What is the closest course. I won't have a car and need to know if there are any bus lines that run to/close to a course. from what i see turkey lake looks the closest.
i am staying at fort wilderness lodge.
please help!l

I played turkey lake when I was there last year. It was a pretty nice course. I think I played the "turkeynator" course. Saw some wildlife and it was not crowded at all.

I had a car, so I don't know about public transportation, but as far as I know that's the closest course.

turkey lake is by far the closest course. its pretty much just up the road from universal.

theres also 36 holes and its really a top notch facility with great course

if youre only going off property the once, you could also take a cab

Thanks for the info. Someone told me the cab ride would be too expensive. I'm jus going to take some discs and make it work somehow.

Turkey Lake is definitely your best bet.

ON a side note, as an Orlando local with a 7yr old daughter, I have annual passes to Disney and we stay at Fort Wilderness campsite sometimes whenever we want to pretend to be tourists for a weekend and it blows my mind that Disney doesn't have a course or 2 on that Fort Wilderness property yet.

I always bring a few temp baskets and set them up around the campground areas and after my daughter and I throw some discs around at the mini-course that I setup I get way too many people asking "what game are you playing?" "Do they rent those discs here?" "Is there a course map?" "Can my son/daughter play with you guys?". It never fails.. I showed at least 10 kids how to play the last time we stayed there. Sometimes people stop on their golf carts and watch. Every now and again someone knows what it is and asks if the baskets are mine or part of Fort Wilderness. It would be a huge success there without a doubt.

I've spoken with a couple Disney contacts at the Fort Wilderness welcome center but I need to work further up the chain and go out there and camp more often and keep setting up my 3-basket temp course and keep people asking the same questions. I've already walked a bunch of the property and have a decent prelim design on standby to drop on the desk of the right person there as soon as I make that right contact. I believe it's just a matter of time and patience. The demand is already there, they just don't know it!

Have fun! Hope you get good weather while you're here!

Turkey Lake is definitely your best bet.

I've spoken with a couple Disney contacts at the Fort Wilderness welcome center but I need to work further up the chain and go out there and camp more often and keep setting up my 3-basket temp course and keep people asking the same questions. I've already walked a bunch of the property and have a decent prelim design on standby to drop on the desk of the right person there as soon as I make that right contact. I believe it's just a matter of time and patience. The demand is already there, they just don't know it!

Have fun! Hope you get good weather while you're here!

yeah, definitely need to go way up. this is something ive talked about with a few people, (at league day and such) and im committed to making this happen. we should collaborate. im sending you a more detailed pm to avoid real threadjacking

I've played Turkey Lake on several Disney vacations. Besides being a fine course, it's very peaceful on weekdays---making it a wonderful respite during a hectic week at Disney.

If they have any comment cards for the hotel I will be sure to tell them they need a course. My vacation would have been epic if I could have started everyday with a round lol.
I have made up my mind and I am taking 6 discs and finding a way out there!