• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help Marty McGee(McflysoHigh) Travel West!

Mcflysohigh video is looking for support to travel west! Marty McGee is planning on filming the Memorial and Las Vegas A tier to start this year but he needs help. Here is his post from Facebook.

"I'd wager that most of my disc golf friends are (like myself) gun owners. It makes sense, then, that Philbert Pk--the man behind Green Tactics Provision, LLC--will be supporting Mcflysohigh Video on my first road trip of the year (covering the first two big events out West). In order to make this happen, I need to find 3 other sponsors who are willing to pledge at the $250 level. You'll join Philbert in receiving tremendous exposure for your business over the 7 big rounds I'll be covering in Vegas and Scottsdale/Fountain Hills. Message me for more details. Thanks!"

If you know of anyone who would be interested in a sponsorship please contact Marty!!

I am brand new to the forums here and had no idea this thread existed before today. First off, I'd like to thank you for the original post! I enjoyed reading all the discussion herein, too.

I feel like I was sufficiently "defended" in the thread by several folks, so I won't waste any more keystrokes on that topic. However, I would like to explain why I raised funds specifically for Vegas and the Memorial. Vegas is the A tier that traditionally kicks off the touring season, and it's followed up in a few short days (and few hours' drive) by the Memorial. It made more practical sense for me to cover these two instead of the Memorial and TX States because the latter two events are separated by 2 weeks. "Idle" days on the road eat up a trip budget in no time!

Like you, I've been raised on DG Planet footage of the Memorial. Let's keep it classy and just say there's room for improvement. GDP will not be at this year's Memorial. I'm excited to be able to bring you MY take on a beautiful course and tournament.

Lol, maybe sorry Marty I suggested you get exposure here. You make the best videos for disc golf on the web hands down. Even better than the old Clash stuff. You let your filming do the talking. Also, you've been one of the most creative photographers and your dedication is second to none.

I spent 3 days with Marty at Throw Down the Mountain II. I couldnt even get him to get chinese with me because it was more important for him to get his videos out the same evening; so you all could see them as soon as possible. Super dedicated guy trying to make a business and give us something to do when we are bored at work. What Marty is doing, is the kind of thing that WILL gain notariety to the sport. A year ago, if you wanted to find videos on disc golf, you got fuzzy home made stuff or bad shooting. Now you get high quality awesome creative videos. THAT will bring in the casual player not goofy pictures of 12 people in hoodies. And there is more to come with this guy. Thanks Marty for everything.

I find it interesting...or sad I dont know... that the most hated on disc golfer this side of Avery is the first person to pull down someone trying to make a difference, grow the sport, and do something new. The same things Holly seems like she is trying to do. I would think the promotion queen would be the last person to second guess someone's passion and promotion. Passion and creativity should be rewarded, we need all we can get...dang at least give it a few posts before being negative.

Like you, I've been raised on DG Planet footage of the Memorial. Let's keep it classy and just say there's room for improvement. GDP will not be at this year's Memorial. I'm excited to be able to bring you MY take on a beautiful course and tournament.

thanks for doing it, really like your videos

have you considered getting a pro to do some commentary? would love to see someone in the know who could tell us what all of the discs the top players are throwing are(most know all of each others discs from playing so much together)

and while GCC is a kinda boring course it should make for easy video coverage + there is always a good amount of top pros there.

I spent 4 days with him. and FORCED him to play 1 casual round.

btw

Isnt the only purpose of the open traveling pro division to win money from locals and then spend it traveling the country and having a great time playing a game? At least Marty isn't skimming local money that could go to good use promoting the sport in a grass root local way. Hes asking for business sponsorships with the expectation that they will see a return on investment.

Currently, 4-5 top pros showing up at your tournament = a net loss for your local disc golf community

I've never seen someone have less fun that Marty when traveling, (no offense) he's just there to work.

Lol, maybe sorry Marty I suggested you get exposure here. You make the best videos for disc golf on the web hands down. Even better than the old Clash stuff. You let your filming do the talking. Also, you've been one of the most creative photographers and your dedication is second to none.

I spent 3 days with Marty at Throw Down the Mountain II. I couldnt even get him to get chinese with me because it was more important for him to get his videos out the same evening; so you all could see them as soon as possible. Super dedicated guy trying to make a business and give us something to do when we are bored at work. What Marty is doing, is the kind of thing that WILL gain notariety to the sport. A year ago, if you wanted to find videos on disc golf, you got fuzzy home made stuff or bad shooting. Now you get high quality awesome creative videos. THAT will bring in the casual player not goofy pictures of 12 people in hoodies. And there is more to come with this guy. Thanks Marty for everything.

I find it interesting...or sad I dont know... that the most hated on disc golfer this side of Avery is the first person to pull down someone trying to make a difference, grow the sport, and do something new. The same things Holly seems like she is trying to do. I would think the promotion queen would be the last person to second guess someone's passion and promotion. Passion and creativity should be rewarded, we need all we can get...dang at least give it a few posts before being negative.

I'm not putting anyone down or anyone's dreams. I simply stated I would like to see coverage of events that haven't been covered in a while or possibly never.
I'm sure Marty knows I meant no harm in my comment, nor was I trying to kill his dream.

Promotion Queen approves.

I was hoping for a more positive response when I originally posted but alas DGCR is the refuge of professional complainers.

As always I'm behind what you're doing for the sport Marty!!

Pat

I'm not putting anyone down or anyone's dreams. I simply stated I would like to see coverage of events that haven't been covered in a while or possibly never.
I'm sure Marty knows I meant no harm in my comment, nor was I trying to kill his dream.

Promotion Queen approves.

I never read any negativity or ill will into your comments, Holly.

There may be some folks out there who inferred that I'm undertaking a "Me vs. Disc Golf Planet" tour this year. That really couldn't be further from the truth, because we are two very different operations seeking viewers in very different ways. I've made my preliminary schedule this year without knowing or caring where DGP is going to be. (Them not doing the Memorial, however, was a surprise to me, I'll admit.) There will be some overlap in our coverages, because we both know that bigger tournaments command larger audiences. However, I think I'm more excited about the fact that I'll be visiting 8-10 states I've never set foot in, for any reason, and my kind sponsors are making that possible. It's a dream come true for me!

After watching some of your videos and than going back to watch others there's no doubt yours are my favorite. Keep up the good work. If I was in a better financial state I'd definitely help. Thanks for the great footage!

If there is a way for us to donate thru PayPal in smaller increments than the $250 I believe it would work better for most of us (assuming you still need funding for the year). I wouldn't mind donating $5-$10 as I'm sure anything helps.

If there is a way for us to donate thru PayPal in smaller increments than the $250 I believe it would work better for most of us (assuming you still need funding for the year). I wouldn't mind donating $5-$10 as I'm sure anything helps.

Every little bit does help, HiFi, and every $ goes directly toward travel expenses. My PayPal is linked to [email protected]. If by chance you didn't already know, I can also make DVDs or Blu-rays of your favorite rounds for just slightly more than the $10 donation you mention. Thanks for your support!

After watching the videos from Vegas, I had to dig up this thread to find out where I could send some $upport. It sure is a treat to be able to watch high quality footage of current events. If only every big event were covered...maybe one day!

Thanks to Marty for your efforts, i look forward to the Memorial coverage. A thought, you should squeeze an advertisement into the vids for ways individuals can support you by making a donation for viewing or buying a DVD or whatever. This way your audience will have the information as they experience the joy of watching!

Latest posts