• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me pick out new discs!

Okay, first some background info.

I would like to work towards being primarily RHBH, but currently I primarily throw RHFH and thumber. I would say I throw RHBH 25% of the time(on drives).

My bag:

Opto - XXX - 172 (thumber disc only)
Champ - Valkyrie - 170(FH only)
Champ - Teebird - 171(only thown a couple times, haven't had much luck)
DX - Leopard - 171(Primary RHBH disc)
Star - Sidewinder - 167(really havent found a use for it yet)

X - Buzzz - 175(pretty much the only mid I use)
Champ - Panther - 167ish

Champ - aviar P&A - 175

I am planning on buying 4 or 5 discs today. As you can see, I do not have the power for high speed discs yet. Also, I am in the process of building a practice basket, so I would like for a few of those discs to be putters. I figured I would just buy Aviars unless someone advised otherwise. Are there any other putters I should try? Are there any glaring holes in my bag that need to be filled? I was thinking I could prolly use another Mid but don't know which. Also, I was thinking of buying a Whippet to use as a short thumber disc. I am open to any and all suggestions, however keep in mind, all suggestions must be Innova discs(that is the only brand carried by the store I plan to buy from)

Thanks for your help

Leopard, Panther and Buzzz should be all you need to work on your BH and are plenty until you figure things out to where you would have more preference. Very nice discs. I would recommend just a true overstable fairway. A Banshee could probably cover all your needs there.

Outside of that, I have found that I am much happier the better I am putting so I would take the rest of the money and do what you need to do there.

EDIT: Oops. I overlooked the xXx but the Banshee would still be better suited for a first BH overstable disc. Keep the xXx and other discs besides the ones I mentioned for later as you might eventually really get into those.

Banshee is more of a tryue overstable disc where the Teebird is just know for being perfectly stable with a reliable fade. Now, if you are under powering a Teebird it may seem like all the same to you, but at speed, the Banshee will want to go left more (RHBH)

Might try a road runner, less power needed. But I would focus on mids for the time being, there is nothing wrong with driving with mids and putters. Great control.

Go play a round with nothing but the Buzzz and your putters. Throw BH only. Once you're comfortable and cranking your Buzzz out 200+ on the regular, then decide why you're looking for in a driver.

Latest posts