• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help with identifying this disc

I don't think it's a Shark, I have a old Shark and the rims are not the same. It resembles the Cobra without a bead.

the lettering is small block. that puts it in the late eighties to early nineties.
so maybe a new roc, a stingray, or....?

The list of suspects is brief. There were only a handful of 21.7 cm dimaters "San Marino" discs: Stingray, Roc, Hammer, Original Cobra and (much later BTW) Moray. The Roc, Hammer and Cobra had beads. The Moray had a blunter nose and didn't come out until the tooling was worn out where it said "Innova-Champion." Based on that, I'd say Stingray. Unless the proto Cobra didn't have a bead, which is alltogether possible.

Evidently, the Shark did start out with a San Marino version and the Cobra always had a bead. At least that is what I was told. I've never seen a San Marino Shark, but I guess they exsist.

Well, if it ain't a Shark I'm all out of ideas except a Stingray. Everything else would have had a bead.

There is a tourny be me this weekend, I'll take it over there and see if any of the old timers know what it is. Thanks again everybody!

The sharks edge is not as concave as this one, the shark feels like it has a bump on the edge or like an extra edge.

Well it's very similar to a shark but I believe the edge of the shark doesn't go in as far and the rim is maybe higher. Though I did just measure my shark and it's about the same distance in diameter.

Latest posts