• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Hey Innova!!! How bout and R-Pro Rhyno?!?!

Innova needs to make more r-pro putters/midranges to compete with Discraft and Gateway, who have far superior "soft" plastics IMO.

Have you ever felt a soft pro rhyno man....i should ship you my two just so you can hold em in your hand.....of course i'd need them back though

a crappy disc made in a crappy plastic? Why not? I'd rather throw Polecats.

very opinionated it seems he is. rhyno's a great disc man, 50 bucks heads up, puttin competition, me and you. rhyno versus your....well, looks like you just knock discs huh........

he's gonna be "that guy" everyone....gotta love those post hores.

Last edited:
Very opinionated it seems he is. Rhynos are a great discs man. 50 bucks heads up, putting competition, you and I. Rhyno versus your....well, looks like you just knock discs huh........

He's gonna be "that guy" everyone....gotta love those post whores.
Cleaned your grammar and spelling mistakes up a little bit because I'm "that guy" actually. :D

Sorry Bobby, I don't sell enough propane and propane accessories to get into putting competitions.

That boy ain't right.

2.5 years playing < 3.6 years playing

I love hearing peoples opinions, but there's no need for calling any disc or plastic one person uses as "crappy". We're all in love with this sport and we should respect each other and our styles. I'm here to learn from others and share some of the information I have learned in my years of playing, but too often I come across someone berating another because of opinions.

Post helpful things, not hurtful.

I have a love hate relationship with the Rhyno.

First got a star 175 Rhyno, Stiff as a board, Hated it
Got a Pro Rhyno, liked it for a while untill an online putt spit out and rolled 30 feet downhill. Hated it again.

Picked up a SE Rhyno off of DGCR for a friend. Threw it once, and decided it was mine. Love it. I can actually put snap on it and it will go straight the whole way, any other putter I have will turn over.
Got two more SE rhyno's white instead of yellow with sunk spots in the middle, Not the same, Hate them.
Got another Yellow one on DGCR Love it!
Still don't use them for putting though, just short drives.

I await the arrival of the R-Pro Rhyno as well. My original putter is an older Pro-line (2003-4) that is perfectly soft and floppy, similar to the SE. I have run across some softer Pro-lines over the last few years that I have added to my putter stash, but for the most part, the PRo-Rhynos are too stiff for my tastes. Plus, some other colors besides the currently available white would be nice......

For the most part R-Pro seems like more of a putter/approach type of plastic. I do have an R-Pro Dart in the bag that has earned a spot as a straight long putter short approach. I want to pickup a heavy R-Pro pig as well for flick putting/short approach , haven't found one in the color I want yet, tho.

And wrt Discraft putters, I also use the soft Challenger and soft Banger GT from a few years back, when they were softer blends. Not sure if there was some plastic shortage that forced manufacturers to stiffer blends or what, but putters from Innova and Disccraft are generally stiffer than a few years ago. Even the Super Stupid Soft Gateway plastic isn't as floppy it implies. And for reference, the Blowfly is over the top floppy for me....p

Rhino

I have all the putters out there,and keep going back to my 170 CH Rhino.Last summer I took 4 long putts with this disc at Flip City Leagues,so last night I traded and sold all of my magnets,aviars,challengers and crap that I practice with and orderd 4 170 CH Rhinos so I'm practising with the same disc.I want a total of 10.I have 5.I also orderd an R Pro Pig .Pig in chamion would be great.The snow is almost gone.Whitehall tomorrow.

They finally made an R-Pro Rhyno? They told me it would be last year. Lazy disc golfers.

2.5 years playing < 3.6 years playing

I love hearing peoples opinions, but there's no need for calling any disc or plastic one person uses as "crappy". We're all in love with this sport and we should respect each other and our styles. I'm here to learn from others and share some of the information I have learned in my years of playing, but too often I come across someone berating another because of opinions.

Post helpful things, not hurtful.

Oh, come off it. Some discs rightfully suck. Epic anyone? The Wheel? You get the point. Let's not play "feelings" police, people tell me my favorite discs suck all the time, I just :D. 99.9% of my disc opinions are BS anyway, you guys should know me by now.

I do take offense to 2.5 years < 3.6 years playing though, If I've been playing every other day and he has been playing once or twice a week I'm probably > than him despite the time frame. Not saying I am better, just a hypothetical. I'm pretty sure he'd whip me at putting, most people do.

PS, Rhynos suck.

I'll get one. I hope it's like the old Special Editions. Rhyno should have been the first R-Pro disc. It just flows off the tounge...R-Pro-Rhy-No

If I've been playing every other day and he has been playing once or twice a week I'm probably > than him despite the time frame.
He plays daily at least, twice daily when possible.

But I understand your point. I'm not trying to insult anyone here. Just defending my Rhynos...they don't suck, I can prove that.

Oh, come off it. Some discs rightfully suck. Epic anyone? The Wheel? You get the point. Let's not play "feelings" police, people tell me my favorite discs suck all the time, I just :D. 99.9% of my disc opinions are BS anyway, you guys should know me by now.

I do take offense to 2.5 years < 3.6 years playing though, If I've been playing every other day and he has been playing once or twice a week I'm probably > than him despite the time frame. Not saying I am better, just a hypothetical. I'm pretty sure he'd whip me at putting, most people do.

PS, Rhynos suck.
I will find you and commit murder on you until you are dead.

You take back what you said about the Rhyno. You take it back.

I will find you and commit murder on you until you are dead.

You take back what you said about the Rhyno. You take it back.

I'll take it back the day they spell it correctly, illiteracy is a plague people, we must be vigilant.

Seems like an R-pro Rhino would be too floppy to get a consistent release though, what good is an overstable floppy putter?

I'll take it back the day they spell it correctly, illiteracy is a plague people, we must be vigilant.

Seems like an R-pro Rhino would be too floppy to get a consistent release though, what good is an overstable floppy putter?
I've had quite enough of you for today.

I used to love Rhynos. Star because they were more of a mid-range for me. I felt a buddy's R-Pro Pig, the grip was nice but the combination of grip with that thumbline was odd, I can imagine the Rhyno would be similar.