• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Hey Innova!!! How bout and R-Pro Rhyno?!?!

Seems like an R-pro Rhyno would be too floppy to get a consistent release though, what good is an overstable floppy putter?

I put a lot of spin on my putts, so Rhynos stay dead straight for me.
The floppy just helps absorb the impact and keeps it from spitting out, doesn't ever effect release. I have expanded my putters recently though. Using Magic and VooDoo to tackle anhyzer putts and uphill putts.

*Shakes fist at McLeod.*

I think my distaste for the Rhino is due to the fact that A: I don't put a lot of spin on putters, B: I live in NC where it's never windy, and C: it glides like a brick (only thrown DX and champ Rhinos though)

Now I understand your hatred. Our wind is outrageous and is present more often than not. It's been 20+MPH all week. If I could have used a literal brick on Tues. I would have, might have shaved 5 strokes of errant putts.

Plus Rhynos are only good in Pro or SE plastic (opinion). DX, Champ, and Star are too overstable and don't react anything like the Pros, especially the floppy ones. I've been using a Rhyno since day one too, so my putting form was established with that wonderful thumbtrack.

I personally don't like the Rhyno. Not that it's bad, but on the term of the plastic. Lots of hate on the R-Pro. I recently had a thread on DGR about R-pro since they recently started molding JK's in a form of R-Pro. Just so everyone knows, ALL NEW JK Aviars are run in a form of R-Pro. (Straight form PDGA forum) And, even back then the Softer Jk's were basically R-Pro before R-Pro was the name.

Everyone tries to compare the drivers to the Mids and putters and you CAN'T.
Then they try to say that even the mids and putters suffer from the same terrible durability that the drivers do, but they don't. The R-Pro Mids and putters are more durable than DX. I putt, approach, and did drive off the Tee with R-Pro Darts before I got some Star's to drive with. But, I have thrown several R-Pro Mids, and I currently have an Ontario R-Pro Roc that I use.

The plastic in terms of mids can be a bit too floppy to get immense power behind something like an R-Pro Roc to get it to 400'. But, that's why you have Kc's and DX's or whatever your choice. I personally use the R-pro because in tight wooded holes it absorbs hits well (If you hit a tree) and doesn't fly 90' off in the wrong direction. This doesn't mean I don't throw DX's for them to beat in, because as beating one in obviously has a purpose of a straighter flight, or more turn. But, the R-Pro's do serve a purpose, at least in my bag.

In terms of putters, almost all the companies have some form of floppy, gummy, plastic for their putters. It's obvious people like them, as they've continued to produce them. So I see no reason NOT to run the Rhyno in R-pro as I'm sure quite a few of you here have pointed out you'd love.

Last edited:
My dislike for R-Pro came from the Dart when it first came out and I carried one for 2 weeks and it warped from just sitting in my putter pocket as well as the R-Pro Boss, which may go without saying, is junk.

Pro rhynos feel more like R PRO rhynos than anything else to me. There is no need as the pro is simply what you need. Must have been something with the weight distribution needed.

My dislike for R-Pro came from the Dart when it first came out and I carried one for 2 weeks and it warped from just sitting in my putter pocket as well as the R-Pro Boss, which may go without saying, is junk.

I have close to 20 different Darts, and I have never had one "Warp" as you say. Especially not from sitting in a putter pocket. Unless it's exposed to adverse conditions in which it's not designed. I see no reason why it would warp. Did you keep it in your bag, with your bag in your car and it got really hot in your car? Extreme heat of course makes any plastic soft, but I've never seen anything R-Pro warp, lol. Not saying it couldn't, just never seen it. Even after hitting a tree and it looked like it might have tacoed a bit, it always regained it's normal mold without forcing.

It definitely warped, didn't hit any trees, might have left it in the car on a few hot days but nothing adverse. It was odd to me as well but left me sort of sour at the plastic when it first came out.

There are good Rhyno's (SE and floppy Pro's) and there are bad Rhynos (Star, Champ, DX) Which will the R-pro Rhyno be???

I can't wait to get mine in the mail. I just want something to use as a backup when I am throwing around water. I hate to throw my prized SE rhyno anywhere there is a chance of losing it.

Seriously though, why would Innova make the perfect disc (SE Rhyno) and then discontinue it? My SE Rhyno is probably the slowest disc in by bag however I can throw it farther than any other putter. This disc will fly perfectly straight for 300 feet and then just sit down, no fade. I also play heavily wooded courses and no matter how many trees I hit it retains its stability.

I recieved my R-pro Rhyno yesterday and threw it a few times in a round. It is just a Pro-Rhyno with a different stamp as far as I can tell.

If you guys like "sticky, floppy" putters, why wait for something new when the Steady Ed line of putters have had these characteristics for yrs, and in different molds for grips/ stablity....

I recieved my R-pro Rhyno yesterday and threw it a few times in a round. It is just a Pro-Rhyno with a different stamp as far as I can tell.

My daughters R-pro is a bit softer than my pro, I also noticed it was actually kind of domey too.

There are good Rhyno's (SE and floppy Pro's) and there are bad Rhynos (Star, Champ, DX) Which will the R-pro Rhyno be???

I can't wait to get mine in the mail. I just want something to use as a backup when I am throwing around water. I hate to throw my prized SE rhyno anywhere there is a chance of losing it.

Seriously though, why would Innova make the perfect disc (SE Rhyno) and then discontinue it? My SE Rhyno is probably the slowest disc in by bag however I can throw it farther than any other putter. This disc will fly perfectly straight for 300 feet and then just sit down, no fade. I also play heavily wooded courses and no matter how many trees I hit it retains its stability.
If they made a lot of SE Rhynos than they wouldn't be special anymore.:D

I wished the same thing as the original poster here...then realized that they wouldnt have R-Pro and pro. Now I'm scrambling to actually find the slightly harder flatter normal Pro's. I think the 10 I have accumulated are enough.

A flat-top R-Pro Rhyno makes too much sense for Innova to release. Wait 3 more years and maybe they'll make a small batch.

My shop had several R-Pro Rhyno's that all feel the same as my older pro rhyno. All the backs say P. RY and ontario molding. I just assume that batch were just pro rhyno's with a new stamp.

They weren't floppy, but all were flat as you can imagine. No dome whatsoever like they should.

If they made a lot of SE Rhynos than they wouldn't be special anymore.:D

Yeah but I dont know why they make their best Rhyno "special" instead of mass produced. Friend of mine has one thats gotta be close to 10 years old and I told him to guard it with his life.

Latest posts