• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

High Desert Distance Challenge 2016

Dr.Smooth

Double Eagle Member
Just wanted to start talking this one up. I know most folks could care less about big d contests but this is super exciting to me. And its cool to find out who is throwing what!!

Does anybody know if simon will throw the boss again. Or is he going to have his PD2

Just wanted to start talking this one up. I know most folks could care less about big d contests but this is super exciting to me. And its cool to find out who is throwing what!!

What are the details? I know it won't be shown live but will it be recorded?

I would think Spin TV would record it, if not then I bet someone else will.

I dunno. Distance comps don't make for very compelling footage. If someone is filming its pretty much only in the hopes of catching a world record throw that won't even look that good on film.

I dunno. Distance comps don't make for very compelling footage. If someone is filming its pretty much only in the hopes of catching a world record throw that won't even look that good on film.

I think that it could be filmed in a compelling way, but not from ground level. Maybe overhead drones ~100' feet up would be able to get some good angles, especially if there were distances marked in a way that was clearly visible in the drone footage.

I'm surprised Eagle Mcmahon isn't competing.

It would make for very bad video, they are just throwing too far and too high in the air, the disc is very difficult to see especially out there in the desert

It would make for very bad video, they are just throwing too far and too high in the air, the disc is very difficult to see especially out there in the desert

Yep. Quote from Simon that didn't end up making the article: "It's a whole different thing watching those discs go over 800 feet. You can't even see them anymore, it's pretty epic."

Ha...Ha.. So well said. Who hasn't broken 900 in practice??

Anyway super funny. Best of luck. Let's get some hype going these guys are talented hard working disc throwing freaks!

But it was okay since Philo still hasn't decided what he's going to throw on hole 17.