• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

High Desert Distance Challenge 2016

I was in disbelief untill i just looked at innovas hot off the press facebook article. Well when will a golf disc go a 1/4 mile? Its just a bit more then 200ft to go. Congrats DWjr.:clap: :clap:

But on a serious note..... should there be a wind speed cutoff??

I know all of the events have had wind, but how many have had 60ish mph winds? I mean Jr did thow i will not take that from him. But when will be the next time that winds that high happen the same day as the event?

Screw it, if I could throw 1100' I'd just have my caddy do the mop up putting duties. :p

I mean how often does the surgeon actually sew up the patient?

Assuming a guy that maxes out say 375' - 400' was out there, and got the trajectory and release angle correct, how far is he throwing in comparison with that same wind?
I don't need a whole physics lesson, just curious how exponential that wind is.

Sorry Dave, this one shouldn't be put in the record books. It makes the sport look like a whole debacle. I totally believe in tailwind drives. I said tailwind not gailwind!

Sorry Dave, this one shouldn't be put in the record books. It makes the sport look like a whole debacle. I totally believe in tailwind drives. I said tailwind not gailwind!
Why do you keep apologizing? Wiggins doesn't care what you think.

I am literally laughing out loud at the numerous jackasses on here who are saying wind is making disc golf a "joke" or is "ruining the sport" or whatever other dumb ****.

You guys are unbelivable.

I am literally laughing out loud at the numerous jackasses on here who are saying wind is making disc golf a "joke" or is "ruining the sport" or whatever other dumb ****.

You guys are unbelivable.

I took disc golf very seriously until I heard about THIS...

hahaha

So realistically, is there a way to determine what kind of impact the wind had on the distance? Wind isn't constant, nor is it the same in one area to the next.

People want to hate on this, but it still takes an insane amount of skill and force to take advantage of the wind

This doesn't seem very different than the 'most holes in a day' record, where you need to find the absolute shortest course possible to have a chance.

Except playing that many holes and walking that far in one day is still no joke.

The new record was going to be the lead on Sportscenter, then the producer heard about the wind and said forget it. LMWFAO

Everyone there that I talked to on Saturday said it is harder to throw in the higher winds, and we are all disc golfers here - we know the same to be true. Credit where it's due, folks.

it would be interesting to see what the d record would have been throwing directly into that wind.

Everyone there that I talked to on Saturday said it is harder to throw in the higher winds, and we are all disc golfers here - we know the same to be true. Credit where it's due, folks.
Yup. Tailwind always seems to knock my drives to the ground.

Latest posts