• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection

My point was not to say the courses don't need attention or work. My point was to disagree with your sentiment that camping shouldn't be allowed.

My bad, brother. I only meant "don't allow camping" until the camping facilities can be completed, in order to avoid Johnny Law closing the place down.

In other words, courses are a first priority, 'cause you gotta have some reason to visit. (Unless like Dave and David said, there are non-golfing campers.) Camping is 2nd priority. But until camping facilities are done, you can't allow it or you risk getting shut down. That's all I was saying.

I've played destination courses and happily stayed 40+ minutes away, making the drive multiple days in a row. Sometimes that's what's necessary, and very well worth it to play those courses. 20 miles isn't literally nothing, but it's pretty close.

But you know, to each his own.

Oh, and "who I'm dealing with" was a joke about disc golfers being too cheap, too poor, and/or too lazy to drive a few miles to play awesome courses. A joke, son, a joke. Sorry it was a bad one. As I said, carry on, good sir!

Gotcha and I agree with that fully. No point camping or staying at the Honka or other lodging options if the courses are poo or puts the business in danger of shutting down.

My bad, brother. I only meant "don't allow camping" until the camping facilities can be completed, in order to avoid Johnny Law closing the place down...

And I got the joke and was just heckling back. I actually agree with your sentiment and generalization that DGers are cheap, for the most part. But there are some of us who can afford to stay wherever but prefer onsite so we'll happily slum it for that option.

Also, only half joking about your courses played. But you should update that. Makes these conversions more fun to see where we've all been. Gives context to our opinions and it's fun to see what type of places have molded our likes, dislikes, etc...

Oh, and "who I'm dealing with" was a joke about disc golfers being too cheap, too poor, and/or too lazy to drive a few miles to play...

Gotcha and I agree with that fully. No point camping or staying at the Honka or other lodging options if the courses are poo or puts the business in danger of shutting down.

And I got the joke and was just heckling back. I actually agree with your sentiment and generalization that DGers are cheap, for the most part. But there are some of us who can afford to stay wherever but prefer onsite so we'll happily slum it for that option.

Also, only half joking about your courses played. But you should update that. Makes these conversions more fun to see where we've all been. Gives context to our opinions and it's fun to see what type of places have molded our likes, dislikes, etc...

Awww....you two made up on valentines day

Cool story. Met with the owner, made a down payment, and bought Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Megaplex, on Sunday. Had an 8 hour round trip, with light to medium snow falling. The entire day felt just like my trip to Detroit 8yrs ago, the day that I bought my first disc golf course...Mountain Man's Playground, Ironwood MI. Both of these days were surreal days.

This is my vision for 2019.

Our primary focus will always be on the disc golf, and the disc golf courses. Getting a course open is a priority. Getting more open is a second priority, and having all courses open is third priority. To be clear, there are currently 6 courses here. Blueberry, Gold, Granite, The Bear, Woodland Greens, and Chestnut. I've always clung to a Chuck K. comment about Tiki Course's, so perhaps we'll try one on for size.

Second priority will be the courses. We will be putting back everything to the original Chuck Kennedy designs. The lines will be brushed out and opened up. Chuck has mentioned digging up his alt position notebooks, and really hooking us up.

We'll be having several Tournaments this year, first one will be last weekend of April. If you are interested in running an event here, please let us know.

Our third priority is getting set up for camping. We are working with Ashland County Officials on this matter.

I will figure out a system for communication and reservations, etc.

Awesome news. Glad to hear you are back at it MM. Ill be in touch with you about a tourney for sure but if you need anything from me . . . do not hesitate to ask! You know I want this to work out for you and all of Wisconsin DGers and beyond. Eventually HBH will actually be the mecca it was once referred to!

For those wondering, yes, camping is a draw on its own. This is Wisconsin we're talking about.

The camping has to be good though. That's the tough part.

People up this way love camping. Summer arrives and suddenly the only thing people drive are RVs.

Great to hear. When you say, met with the owner, what owner are you talking about? Aren't there multiple owners? Doesn't John own some of the property? Are you going to be the owner of all of HH?

It is easiest to respond to these questions by saying what part of the Highbridge Hills disc golf courses MM did not buy:
Those few holes that use portions of the privately owned lots are not included in the deal that has been made.
There are 23 lots with 12 different owners, all within 80 acres bounded by Mile Rd. and Poppe Rd. I am one of those owners and I am working to clarify a murky situation. Some holes on the gold course and some on Blueberry use parts of some of these lots. These holes were installed without formal written agreements with the lot owners. In many, but not all cases the lot owner is okay with the hole being on the lot. It is a complicated situation that will take some time to settle out.
As I see it, there may need to be 2-3 holes re-routed on each of these 2 courses. However, I am rather optimistic that it will eventually get worked out with minimal changes to these 2 courses.
So to the original point - except for the individually owned lots and a few holes thus affected, MM bought the rest.

It is easiest to respond to these questions by saying what part of the Highbridge Hills disc golf courses MM did not buy:
Those few holes that use portions of the privately owned lots are not included in the deal that has been made.
There are 23 lots with 12 different owners, all within 80 acres bounded by Mile Rd. and Poppe Rd. I am one of those owners and I am working to clarify a murky situation. Some holes on the gold course and some on Blueberry use parts of some of these lots. These holes were installed without formal written agreements with the lot owners. In many, but not all cases the lot owner is okay with the hole being on the lot. It is a complicated situation that will take some time to settle out.
As I see it, there may need to be 2-3 holes re-routed on each of these 2 courses. However, I am rather optimistic that it will eventually get worked out with minimal changes to these 2 courses.
So to the original point - except for the individually owned lots and a few holes thus affected, MM bought the rest.

*Is buying, hopefully.

Last edited:
*Is buying, hopefully.

Aww gee whiz Mr wet blanket. There you go again.

Can't you let us have a brief moment of respite from the toils and troubles of everyday drudgery? Must you grind our faces in the rank hoarfrost of pragmatism?

Can't you let us have a brief moment of respite from the toils and troubles of everyday drudgery? Must you grind our faces in the rank hoarfrost of pragmatism?

Sorry to push you into the dental floss bush, but I heard
from a good source who heard from another good source that
the new owners are dental floss tycoons. They'l be raising
dental floss in those Mellen Mountain Meadows. No golf,
no bass beats, they'll be riding along the borders with their
pygmy ponies to keep riffraff out . Plucking floss with their
Zircon encrusted tweezers under the northern lights...

Sorry to push you into the dental floss bush, but I heard
from a good source who heard from another good source that
the new owners are dental floss tycoons. They'l be raising
dental floss in those Mellen Mountain Meadows. No golf,
no bass beats, they'll be riding along the borders with their
pygmy ponies to keep riffraff out . Plucking floss with their
Zircon encrusted tweezers under the northern lights...

Are you sure that to do this, they don't have to move to Montana first?

I can't in good conscience see you use the word Hoarfrost and not link one of my favorite SY tunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_mN6_PRC1M

Edited 3 times, still can't figure out the embed.

Latest posts