• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Hard to say, since MM never said exactly what he was doing, in legal terms. Just extremely vague and evasive posts. If he has or will have legal control over the property, directly or with others, that's one hurdle. (And, I agree, if he doesn't, that's probably an impossibly high hurdle).

The next hurdle is revenue, and begs the question of whether it's revenue to maintain the course, or revenue to turn a profit and/or give a return on investment. The first is much easier to imagine.

So, does MM own the place or not? If not, all his off the wall cryptic comments sound a lot like something JJ would say.

So, does MM own the place or not? If not, all his off the wall cryptic comments sound a lot like something JJ would say.

He may have negotiated a deal with other property owners there, or perhaps with future property owners.

I'm not holding my breath on that. But he wouldn't have to actually own it, to be heading up a restoration. He'd just have to know of a change of ownership, and be connected with it somehow.

We will prevail.

That just leaves myself and Tick on The Hill. Tick has a building up on his lot and I have something that got left for dead by JJ when we got shut down. I am not giving up, I can't. I might be worn down, but I'm not beat down. I got too much invested to surrender to a schmuck that has not much remaining in his life. They have all left him.

Well, back to work, lunch is over. SLIC. OUT!

Oh ye of little faith!

What Slic said. But besides that. There are a lot of half truths being spouted by people here who know something but not enough to be saying things with authority. I was there the day the very first baskets were put in the ground. I have loved the possibilities of the place ever since. I bought lots there because I believe it is the best disc golf venue in the world - or can be! Things are changing for sure. There is a lot of uncertainty. Getting things straight was never going to be easy. The legal situation relating to control of the courses and also control of the individual building lots like mine is complicated and will take some time and effort to get made right. we are just getting started on the building lot issues.
So MM got sick and people start freaking out. I'm not writing off MM. He has a verbal agreement. I'm okay with giving him the time to get well and follow through - or if his deal cannot go through there's time enough to freak out then.
But like Slic said, we are not giving up.

Just a verbal agreement?

He really made it sound alot further along than that...

Perhaps the cryptic hope-inspiring posts were indeed premature.

What Slic said. But besides that. There are a lot of half truths being spouted by people here who know something but not enough to be saying things with authority. I was there the day the very first baskets were put in the ground. I have loved the possibilities of the place ever since. I bought lots there because I believe it is the best disc golf venue in the world - or can be! Things are changing for sure. There is a lot of uncertainty. Getting things straight was never going to be easy. The legal situation relating to control of the courses and also control of the individual building lots like mine is complicated and will take some time and effort to get made right. we are just getting started on the building lot issues.
So MM got sick and people start freaking out. I'm not writing off MM. He has a verbal agreement. I'm okay with giving him the time to get well and follow through - or if his deal cannot go through there's time enough to freak out then.
All I know is that I'm glad I worked there before things started getting insane.. Miss you Tick. That was a great summer.

How many disc golfers have the money to PROPERLY rescue and restore this place?

I mean, I do. And I'm sure 100s of other "disc golfers". There's a crapload of middle-aged professionals that play (and read this board).

But:

Frankly, why would they want to

Exactly.

Well-wishes to MM. But as for the Resurrection, I'll remain as skeptical as I am about any DG Dream.....and there have been, and always will be, lots of them.

Hey Tick I really do hope you and Slic succeed. I dont know all of what is going on but if this takeover is causing this much trauma to Tom mabe its in his best interest to not proceed. Isnt he still in the hospital? Sure we all want the nice things he was promising but his health has to be the priority. Ive spoke with Roger and Ann a handful of times this year. John is the backup plan, Roger is just upset Mtn Man pissed him off. Im an unpaid volunteer and I dont want to invest my time with John. Two years of that drama is enough. JJ is a con-artist and the people enabling him to continue are equally guilty. Highbridge has and will continue (if managed by John) to tarnish the sport of disc golf here locally and abroad. I want no part in that. Tick and Slic theres no doubt your heart is 100% in this. Watching slic work his ass off after the infra '16 mess inspired me! But if this place is going to be a solid functional business someone needs to have a tangible business plan. That means take your heart out of it and use brain only.

Heard Mtn Man had a stroke. Hoping for a speedy recovery but seems like he might not be best suited to take on this task.

As a disinterested casual observer, my thoughts are as follows.

Why would you want to go through all this drama and BS? Just sell what you have at that place and buy another chunk of land somewhere else that's well suited to disc golf. Yeah, it'd be a lot of work but I'd rather have a lot of work than a lot of mentally challenged people sabotaging my efforts.

I just don't get it.

As a disinterested casual observer, my thoughts are as follows.

Why would you want to go through all this drama and BS? Just sell what you have at that place and buy another chunk of land somewhere else that's well suited to disc golf. Yeah, it'd be a lot of work but I'd rather have a lot of work than a lot of mentally challenged people sabotaging my efforts.

I just don't get it.

I would guess you have never played the courses here at Highbridge.

I would guess you have never played the courses here at Highbridge.

That is correct, as I posted I'm a disinterested casual observer.

The courses could well be the most wonderful in the entire universe. They sound really swell.

I'm just saying that to me, if I had a stake in the enterprise, it wouldn't be worth it to put up with the soap opera that has been described.

I'd certainly love to play there sometime.

To have fairways carved through the northwoods like this would take years to complete and open. Not to mention the labor, resources, and cash. 6 courses. 3 of them have to be toward the top in yardage length in the world. Its built for pros but has somthing to offer every skill level. 300 acres of disc golf heaven with spectaular views, elevation changes, open holes, tight hallways, ace runs, a legit Par 6. Its special and could be a once a year destination course even with all the free courses out there now.

Latest posts