• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

When your here its like a community. Before i was volunteering i was up here as a golfer and this dude showed up in a school bus he converted into an RV. He lived in Michigan and just got done touring the disc golf am tour. We had 7 guys that year and he played and partied with us the whole time and held his own better than his doubles partner. It was an absolute blast and good memories made.

If this complex (word intended) doesn't resurrect, I'm SO glad that I got a round in at Blueberry over Thanksgiving last year.

John was just sitting there in his truck waiting for someone to give him $10 (which I did).

I was a little worried about hunters and he was kind enough to give me an orange (oil stained/smelly) dry fit to put on. That was nice of him. I mean that.

Then he drove off. I presumed to buy breakfast with my $10.

Blueberry was great and I made sure I appreciated every moment of it, since I knew it could be my last time playing it.

If this complex (word intended) doesn't resurrect, I'm SO glad that I got a round in at Blueberry over Thanksgiving last year.

John was just sitting there in his truck waiting for someone to give him $10 (which I did).

I was a little worried about hunters and he was kind enough to give me an orange (oil stained/smelly) dry fit to put on. That was nice of him. I mean that.

Then he drove off. I presumed to buy breakfast with my $10.

Blueberry was great and I made sure I appreciated every moment of it, since I knew it could be my last time playing it.

Ya all the baskets are pulled. Half are sold and the other half held for ransom..

As a disinterested casual observer, my thoughts are as follows.

Why would you want to go through all this drama and BS? Just sell what you have at that place and buy another chunk of land somewhere else that's well suited to disc golf. Yeah, it'd be a lot of work but I'd rather have a lot of work than a lot of mentally challenged people sabotaging my efforts.

I just don't get it.

HBH is the greatest collection of courses in the world, IMHO. They hold design value, aesthetic value, and historic value that can't be replicated elsewhere. They're so good that my significant other and I read this thread in its entirety, decided that the superlatives written about the courses outweighed the associated drama, and drove 12 hours from SW Ohio just to play them. We liked everything so much that we came back again two years later. I love Selah, the IDGC, Tyler State Park, Mason County Park, and all the other top-tier destinations out there, but Highbridge stands alone at the top of the pile. There's simply nowhere else like it.

To have fairways carved through the northwoods like this would take years to complete and open. Not to mention the labor, resources, and cash. 6 courses. 3 of them have to be toward the top in yardage length in the world. Its built for pros but has somthing to offer every skill level. 300 acres of disc golf heaven with spectaular views, elevation changes, open holes, tight hallways, ace runs, a legit Par 6. Its special and could be a once a year destination course even with all the free courses out there now.

Probably more like a "Once in a lifetime destination" for some of us!!

If it does come back to life ... maybe someday. :thmbup:

No question, HBH is the greatest single collection of courses and has potential.

Currently the "lodge" if you want to call it that? is a hole in the wall shed with "I smoked pot here" and "****** your sister last night" written on the walls in sharpie. Im not saying they need anything fancy but maybe clean and "respectable"? (not sure if that's a thing anymore) for such a great disc golf destination.

Just speaking for myself, I hesitate to bring my family for a day and certainly wouldn't camp there. I get the people who go with buddies want to have a good time and that's great! but for some of us with wives and children it can be embarrassing to the sport and not exactly family friendly. I'd like to see that improve and i talk to others that share similar convictions.

Great news per John:

"I have a person interested in sponsoring all of my baskets. The only catch is that the baskets can't be from the Innova or DGA companies. So that's why I decided to sell these baskets to you".

Looked me right in the eye and told me this, while delivering the 54 Innova and DGA baskets that he sold me. So, yeah...

Ya all the baskets are pulled. Half are sold and the other half held for ransom..

So does MM have 54 of the baskets or not?

So does MM have 54 of the baskets or not?

Im only a disinterested casual observer. I follow this thread for entertainment purposes only. I am no longer affiliated with Highbridge Hills DGC as a volunteer or otherwise.... but word on the streets is Mtn Man exposed his plan after receiving only 36 baskets. He got the DISCatchers first too.. ouch. John found out what was going on and didnt deliver the rest. However, I talked to Mtn Man before he got sick and he said basically he didnt give a **** about the old baskets and wanted to get new ones anyway. Basically he just didnt want John to be able to operate.

JJ told me one time that Mtn Man was the only person permantely banned from Highbridge. He didnt really specify what for but kinda weird he would turn around and try and make a deal with him.

JJ does what suits JJ the best at the moment. He's entertaining to chat with for a while, but I'll be much more excited to visit Highbridge sans-JJ and Abby.

JJ does what suits JJ the best at the moment. He's entertaining to chat with for a while, but I'll be much more excited to visit Highbridge sans-JJ and Abby.

I would not hold your breath. Nothing I have read here indicates that next season will be any different that last (minus a bunch of baskets). I would think HB will open, with JJ and Abby running the same dog and pony show, as we have read about for several years. Guess we can only hope I am wrong. :\

[drum roll]

I PREDICT:

10 years from now, this thread will still be addressing the same issues as it is currently.

[fanfare flourish]

[drum roll]

I PREDICT:

10 years from now, this thread will still be addressing the same issues as it is currently.

[fanfare flourish]

It's Wisconsin (which rivals the drunkenness of the old USSR) so I wouldnt be surprised.

On the bright side, the prior generation in our state are setting a pretty low standard for the likes of Pat Blake and others, it wont be hard to improve on that :)

Latest posts