• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

A Wisconsin related thread NOT being sidetracked into talking about cheap beer, and the occasional acid flashback would be weird. Disc golf at a private resort in Wisconsin without cracking open a beer, or having a cooler conveniently stashed would also be weird.
This thread will eventually get back to the regularly scheduled drama that HBH is good for.

God, I saw Gear Daddies sooo many times at First Ave in the 90s. Great stuff.

:thmbup:

I'm seeing The Samples (were in a similar genre to Gear Daddies and often get a claim to fame that Dave Matthews once opened for them) in 3 days . . . which happened to also my first true concert at First Avenue in the winter of '93-94. I think only the lead singer is the same as it was back then but it's been at least 5-10 years since I last saw them.

I'm seeing The Samples (were in a similar genre to Gear Daddies and often get a claim to fame that Dave Matthews once opened for them) in 3 days . . . which happened to also my first true concert at First Avenue in the winter of '93-94. I think only the lead singer is the same as it was back then but it's been at least 5-10 years since I last saw them.

Nice! I remember the Samples. Good stuff.

My first true concert at First Ave was Social Distortion. Right as their "Ring of Fire" cover hit.
Place was packed.

Holy god did I over-try to look "cool" for that show (grew up in Northern Wisconsin). Had to have been late 1990, early 1991 I'm guessing.

First show I saw at First Ave was The Murder City Devils.

I don't remember the year, but was out of high school at least.

So apparently this thread divulged into beer talk? Mods, take this **** to the landfill where it belongs. I was enjoying the drama but now this thread has become useless drivel which doesnt involve discgolf in the least bit.:thmbdown: **** man DGCR has really hit the ****ter recently. but yeah.....keep talking about **** ****ing beer in a DISCGOLF thread you ****ing yanks

Random thread drifts, plenty of laughs, the occasional rant, and some good information buried in it all is the only dgcr I've ever known.

Man, all these replies are making me sleepy! Seems like its nothing but old men recalling their so called "great" memories when they were young. I feel like most of you northerners enjoy your **** craft brew more than discgolf. I'm sure their is another forum for alcoholics, so yall should all go there! I'm here for the goings on of Highbridge Hills, not your sh!t brews and your 20 year old stories that noone gives a flying F about. Keep talking sh!t about my low post count (as if that means anything). I can throw farther than any of you old farts. But go on.....keep derailing another thread. boom roasted old farts!

Last edited:
Man, all these replies are making me sleepy! Seems like its nothing but old men recalling their so called "great" memories when they were young. I feel like most of you northerners enjoy your **** craft brew more than discgolf. I'm sure their is another forum for alcoholics, so yall should all go there! I'm here for the goings on of Highbridge Hills, not your sh!t brews and your 20 year old stories that noone gives a flying F about. Keep talking sh!t about my low post count (as if that means anything). I can throw farther than any of you old farts. But go on.....keep derailing another thread. boom roasted old farts!

Troll

Wasssup triggered?

You do realize that reading this thread is completely optional right?

Oh oops...you can throw farther than me so your opinion and thoughts on it are more valid than mine. Sorry your trollness for speaking on your thread.

Hey Bigtex, you from Texas? Lawdy that's gotta be awful living in George Bush' state where the only decent town is Austin and your state has like forth or fifth best bbq in the USA. Shoot, even Alabama has better bbq than Texas.

My trolling is not limited to Texas grub. I got a thing for upper midwest grub too:

Pasties - I think it says a lot about a dish when the only way to make it palatable is to bathe it in ketchup.
Lutefisk - WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU NORWAY????

Call me a food snob. (shrug)

My trolling is not limited to Texas grub. I got a thing for upper midwest grub too:

Pasties - I think it says a lot about a dish when the only way to make it palatable is to bathe it in ketchup.
Lutefisk - WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU NORWAY????

Call me a food snob. (shrug)

One of the most popular restaurants in Richmond for years and years was a place called the Texas-Wisconsin Border Cafe- one owner from each state featuring the foods of both.

A Wisconsin related thread NOT being sidetracked into talking about cheap beer, and the occasional acid flashback would be weird.....

We are talking about a disc golf course in Wisconsin. I don't think discussing beer is derailing the thread.

Perhaps Tex isn't aware that in the Chippewa language Wisconsin means: "Land of Beer".

:D