• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Be careful. Apparently it's a 1.5 disc ratings dock if you do.

The tee signs (what there are) do leave a lot to be desired.....

A question for those that frequent Highbridge....

Do the baskets really get moved at all?

Blueberry

We played blueberry twice last year in mid-august and we never had any issues with getting lost and it was our first time out there. How could you not tell your on granite the baskets are different colors, that review irritates me I think the guy is just directionally challenged and color blind. Highbridge is amazing it is a disc golf complex basically run by one guy you shouldn't be expecting the Ritz Carlton of disc golf when you go.

the guy looks "challenged" in a number of ways. how do you say something like blueberry "is simply one of the finest courses you will play" and then give it a 3.5?

actually, one could make a reasonable case that the review should be removed. mr. NIN fan clearly states in the review that he didn't play the entire course and that he ended up on Granite Ridge. he probably doesn't even know how many of the holes he played were actually Blueberry.

I didn't thumb his review down because he did justify his feeling, even if I don't agree with it much at all. But 3.5 does seem harsh.

I played Blueberry last summer and got around fine with a map. I wouldn't say it was the best marked course (and the tee signs could stand to be replaced), but it sure didn't keep me from making it one of four courses I've given a 5.0.

I'm a little bummed it dropped out. There are a few pretenders in the top 10 right now. Blueberry belonged without any doubt.

Granite Ridge got a 1 disc rating that dropped it WAY down, and even after reporting it, it hasn't been removed.

It's all o.k.; enough reviews like these and hopefully John will get some "things taken care of" just a bit better.

Staying in Blueberry #2. Assuming there are beds in there are they cots or something? Just trying to figure out what I'll i need to bring up there from Iowa. Anyone have any tips on what to bring other than the basics? Charcoal or propane grill at the cabin? Sorry John answered about a third of my questions when I booked it.

Last edited:
saw a large whitetail on Gold #6,
chased it down the fairway with a nice centered drive, followed by a good fairway shot then a great approach and a drop in putt!

One of my favorite Highbridge Holes. Especially in lush Spring time, kind of a water garden area. Can't get a 3 for the life of me, but it's a beautiful challenge :)

I was startled in 2006 when I saw cougar about 80 yards away stroll through Gold #3 that had been seen in other areas roaming that region. Saw a couple small black bears mid fairway on what was Bear hole 3 at that time. Was looking around for mother to make sure I wasn't in the way but never saw her.

I was at Highbridge last week as a first timer. I had no problem finding any holes. If the bugs and grass leave something to be desired, you had better stick to playing city courses! This was far and away the best disc golf experience of my life.

Heading up there Thursday night and playing all day Friday and Saturday. Anyone on here heading that way? Are there any disc stores in the twin cities open on Sunday? We were bummed when we found out GGGT and Airborn are both closed all day Sunday.

Heading up there Thursday night and playing all day Friday and Saturday. Anyone on here heading that way? Are there any disc stores in the twin cities open on Sunday? We were bummed when we found out GGGT and Airborn are both closed all day Sunday.

I should escape away from Duluth and get away from all the Grandma's festivities. Avoid Duluth this weekend for traffic's sake!!!

Staying in Blueberry #2. Assuming there are beds in there are they cots or something? Just trying to figure out what I'll i need to bring up there from Iowa. Anyone have any tips on what to bring other than the basics? Charcoal or propane grill at the cabin? Sorry John answered about a third of my questions when I booked it.

Think of the staying at the Blueberry cabins as rustic camping with walls and a roof and plan accordingly.

Does blueberry two have electricity?

Highbridge experience.
There will be baskets. There will be tee pads.
Availability of other amenities will fluctuate moment to moment.
Expecting anything extra above baskets and pads at Highbridge is a mistake in mental preparation.

Weekend summary: Played all the courses, got eaten alive by Mosquitos, and Aced 14 at Woodland Greens with a roc3. Stopping at Blue Ribbon Pines on the way back to Des Moines to put the icing on the cake.

Latest posts