• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Anyone been up to Highbridge recently?
Is Bear all mowed and in playing condition? That's really the only question I ever have regarding HBH :D

I have it on pretty good authority that Bear is not in good shape, and that the rest of the courses are questionable.

I love HBH sooo much, but man do I hate playing there when things have been let go.

When it's kept up, it's disc golf heaven. When it's let go, it's hell. :(

normally hell it seems like these days. I wont be going back b/c of it really and most of the courses were straight when we went this time last year. To have some nearly unplayable though is a joke not a nearly 5 disc review score kind of conditions that for sure.

normally hell it seems like these days. I wont be going back b/c of it really and most of the courses were straight when we went this time last year. To have some nearly unplayable though is a joke not a nearly 5 disc review score kind of conditions that for sure.

It's sad. That place could truly be THE disc golf mecca, but too many places are upping the ante now.

If John isn't willing (or able) to put the work into it, it's only going to get worse before it ever gets better and that just sucks.

My group just switched our weekend plans in October today because of the conditions up there.

It's really too bad, when they're well groomed those are some really fun courses with a lot of interesting challenges. I was lucky enough to play shortly after the courses were mowed, having to wade through long grass on the fairways would have changed my ratings on those courses for sure.

It's really too bad, when they're well groomed those are some really fun courses with a lot of interesting challenges. I was lucky enough to play shortly after the courses were mowed, having to wade through long grass on the fairways would have changed my ratings on those courses for sure.

Don't get me wrong that these courses and complex are amazing with gold and blueberry which john pretty much mowed for us the day before we told him we would play them as no one else really except for some drive-thru people were in town. We had free run of highbridge for 5 days and couldn't play 2 of the courses with giving up on another 2 half way through. Had a great time regardless of losing over half my bag on two different occasions due to the overgrowth of fairways but have no desire to do it again really. So much potential too but even some nice signs and directional arrows would have been cool being its such a huge place. Inkjet printers don't cut it for outdoor signs :|

My group just switched our weekend plans in October today because of the conditions up there.

the guys who spent the weekend there recently and stopped by blue ribbon pines on the way back home told me that BRP was the best course they played on the trip which is really a shame when IMO its not even close to what we played out there-- I understand though being it sounds like the conditions were even worse than when we went last year around this time which actually had more rain.

When you can stop and buy a beer and burger mid round at BRP its hard to really say highbridge can compete when you add in the amount of crazy manicuring and updating/changing of holes. The course doesn't play the same from year to year let alone month to month at times which is great.

If he's just make four bomb ass courses, and maintain them like nobody's business, it'd still be the best place anywhere.

The saddest part is that Chestnut probably gets more attention than any course there.

Don't get me wrong that these courses and complex are amazing with gold and blueberry which john pretty much mowed for us the day before we told him we would play them as no one else really except for some drive-thru people were in town. We had free run of highbridge for 5 days and couldn't play 2 of the courses with giving up on another 2 half way through. Had a great time regardless of losing over half my bag on two different occasions due to the overgrowth of fairways but have no desire to do it again really. So much potential too but even some nice signs and directional arrows would have been cool being its such a huge place. Inkjet printers don't cut it for outdoor signs :|

John just doesn't quite have the ability to keep up with his ambitions up there. That was the case when I played before half of Bear, half of the camp course or any of Whitetail were in, I can only imagine that it's worse now. Being in such an unpopulated area makes it tough to get much volunteer work on the courses, and the mowing alone on a property like that is more than a full time job. I would hate to see him give up on some of the courses up there, but I also hate to hear that the conditions are so bad.

I hear that for sure. We talked a lot about how its just in the wrong place really but then again one of the only kind of places where you can have such a disc golf course complex. Pretty much a lose lose situation from a business standpoint (lol disc golf problems eh?!) and with no real resolution. The amount of land to keep up there is INSANE let alone actual disc golf courses.

He really should have a farm-- which includes disc golf courses'

When you think about the cost of huge mowers and other large equipment which a piece of land like that requires you literally are talking a million dollars in new stuff to run the place without a hiccup.

played blueberry, gold and granite on Sunday/Monday and they were fine. Didn't go look at bear, so I don't know the conditions. Steve the caretaker seems to be doing a good job of keeping things in order. I'm not sure how many carts were in working condition, but there were at least eight on site that looked good to me. Mine worked fine for two rounds on Monday. honka house looked interesting, but I wouldn't stay there and expect to sleep well due to high potential for all night partying. A group staying in the cabin on blueberry seemed happy with it

Someone needs to get the guy a few herds of goats, just make movable fencing so you can keep them on the fairways and move them around the courses. :p

we seriously laughed and talked about that. California uses them very successfully for fire prevention work. You cannot get equipment where goats will go to eat green ****. If I owned land I would have some for sure just to help out really no reason why a land owner SHOULDNT own goats they are like "shule" eating dogs which fertilize and remove rubbish.

Last year was the first since 07 that I didn't make it up there, and I don't feel like I missed anything. We're doing Mont du Lac Friday, HBH Saturday, n Sandy Point Sunday. Saturday will not be the highlight of the weekend. In years past HBH would have been the whole weekend! The Bear is the only thing up there to get me excited anymore... and St Peters Dome too :) Hopefully things progress in an upward trend soon

played blueberry, gold and granite on Sunday/Monday and they were fine. Didn't go look at bear, so I don't know the conditions. Steve the caretaker seems to be doing a good job of keeping things in order. I'm not sure how many carts were in working condition, but there were at least eight on site that looked good to me. Mine worked fine for two rounds on Monday. honka house looked interesting, but I wouldn't stay there and expect to sleep well due to high potential for all night partying. A group staying in the cabin on blueberry seemed happy with it

Positive feedback about the HBH! Thanks for the update Blaze :) We'll likely end up playing those 3 courses

Highbridge and Rollin Ridge were the highlights of my trip to MN/WI. While at the RR bar, a group of guys were complaining about the lack of a good pro shop or an attendant to greet them at Highbridge. All I could do was laugh, because I don't see those as necessary at a course. Coming from eastern PA, where pro shops are non-existent, any amenities are purely a bonus. Hell I'm happy if my destination has a port-o-john and amazed if there's anything more than that. I believe in bringing everything you need with you and taking away everything you brought when you're done...

Yeah, complaining about a course not having a greeter is a bit extreme. You ain't chuckin' plastic at WalMart, for crissakes.

It's odd, because I think about how scraggly HBH can be, and I should hate it....but the fact that it's just raw disc golf, out in the middle of absolutely nowhere, with nothing but you and the courses...man, that's what I love about it!

Latest posts