• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I'm sure this could be set up by contacting john if you really are interested.

I will talk to my wife first, then I will talk to John next year. I do think it would be a great opportunity, however, because my league takes an annual road trip and apparently we have made it a habit to go to Highbridge every other year. 2016 is our year to head out there. It would be a great way to finish out the summer and that road trip. Even if it turned out to be two weeks or so, I would be willing to put in the work during the week days, have the evenings free with the family, and then enjoy some awesome golfing on the weekends.

As a teacher, I technically do not have to worry about getting paid over the summer. I will say this in all honesty, if I could simply get free lodging for me and my family for three weeks along with all the discing I so desired, I would be more than happy to put in hours every day in maintanence and whatnot. Give me and my kids the tools to cut, mow, and trim, we would have a blast.

As Swisher already said I bet John would be more than willing to do this. I obviously cannot speak on which terms exactly, but if you were helping out every day I'm sure something could be done. He has talked to me about something similar in the past, I was just not able to do it, and we also didn't go into great detail.

By the way, thank you again Jeremy for the work on the tee signs, your work is getting lost in this drama and I wanted to be sure and thank you.

Thanks again.

Bear's got 18 but there's three different basket types throughout the course.

Depends on the company you keep. I've been known to enjoy some libations on the course...

Also, re:Abby, now she's saying on FB that she didn't get paid for her last 6 weeks there. Oh, the drama.
Get in line, Abby. LMAO. John promised a million things as repayment for my summer there. At this point - I'm leaving it at he'd damn well better let me stay for free any time in my life I come up.

Though I will admit I probably lost a few weeks pay worth of good welcome with a couple of messed up mower blades. Who puts rocks on hillsides anyway? :p Haha

As a teacher, I technically do not have to worry about getting paid over the summer. I will say this in all honesty, if I could simply get free lodging for me and my family for three weeks along with all the discing I so desired, I would be more than happy to put in hours every day in maintanence and whatnot. Give me and my kids the tools to cut, mow, and trim, we would have a blast.
You're exactly Highbridge's sort of employee. I did pretty much the same. I did mowing and weed whipping, provided manual labor for Chuck's constant (at the time) alterations to the layouts. And basically just got driven everywhere by fellow workers if I needed to leave the property, and ate off of my own saved up cash.

Stayed in the pole barn next to the shop/campground office. We built it as we stayed in it, that was fun. When I got there it only had the wiring in and the individual rooms were divided by drywall. No doors. Haha. I hated waking up with ticks on me. Tick check every morning until July hit and they all disappeared.

Good summer overall, it was amazing. Dry. Drought. I remember it was illegal to smoke cigarettes outdoors at the time. Very hot summer. Downpoured the weekend I left, after dropping precipitation only once prior in my entire time there.

I played with you chris. We played gold, I remember it as the hottest day ever. Burgers and drinks at the country club. I think the aor conditioning and the cool old lady saved my dog that day. Thanks for volunteering a summer to a great cause.

I played with you chris. We played gold, I remember it as the hottest day ever. Burgers and drinks at the country club. I think the aor conditioning and the cool old lady saved my dog that day. Thanks for volunteering a summer to a great cause.
It was an interesting situation, well worth the experience in the end. Made a great connection up there with Chuck Kennedy, who happens to be from my town as well. I was initially hired on to be just a trainer for kids camp participants, and then the kids camp never happened so I just... kept helping out. Gave lessons any time someone came through (I definitely was, and continue to be, better at teaching the game than playing it). But mostly just a lot of manual labor, Old Style, and late late nights of glow. Every. night. Haha

I know I give him the benefit of doubt alot, but I have a feeling it may be a reporting error. When John talked to me and gave me the brief history of the place he specifically mentioned Chuck Kennedy as the designer. I could be wrong though.

lots of news articles need some slight corrections like that. It really just takes an email unless its something he said in the interview but I don't recall that.

Jeremy, contant me please

I know I give him the benefit of doubt alot, but I have a feeling it may be a reporting error. When John talked to me and gave me the brief history of the place he specifically mentioned Chuck Kennedy as the designer. I could be wrong though.

Hey Jeremy, I sent you a couple PM's, please get back to me :) Thanks in advance. Tom

My friend was telling me that Abby said on FB she's back at Highbridge. Anyone know if thats true? She working there again, or just playing?

She is back in the area and she has been telling people that she is back at Highbridge. It is strange. The way she left I thought she burnt that bridge.

Latest posts