• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

She donated to our putting leagues a free day pass of disc at Highbridge. I cant recall if cart rental or camping was included or not....

I can't wait to see if it's accepted or not.

She's calling herself co-owner/general manager. I'm not sure what John was thinking, probably couldn't find anyone else. I haven't met her yet, but what I've been hearing about her is not very good. Time will tell.

Ugh. I am still going to go this year because HB is amazing, but I was kind of looking forward to her not being there.

Going to finalize my reservation today. If anyone on here is going to be there between 6/24 and 6/28, hit me up. I'll be there with 6 others in one of the BB cabins (hopefully BB 1 since it's better).

Should I go to Highbridge?

I've read quite a bit of this thread and there's some interesting history to say the least. I'm looking for a disc golf destination to spend a week in mid to late September. I would not stay at Highbridge, but would spend most days playing there. I'd be flying in from Florida (most likely to Minneapolis) and driving to the area. Is it worth it?

Last year I went to Bailey / Pine CO and had a great time playing all 4 mountain courses. Going back to CO is an option and something I will eventually do, but am looking for something a bit different this year.

I've read quite a bit of this thread and there's some interesting history to say the least. I'm looking for a disc golf destination to spend a week in mid to late September. I would not stay at Highbridge, but would spend most days playing there. I'd be flying in from Florida (most likely to Minneapolis) and driving to the area. Is it worth it?

Last year I went to Bailey / Pine CO and had a great time playing all 4 mountain courses. Going back to CO is an option and something I will eventually do, but am looking for something a bit different this year.

Highbridge has some of the top rated courses in the nation. I have not been there, but reading through this thread and the reviews, it seems to disappoint very few. Take a look at the destination section of this site, there are several fantastic areas to get a central place to stay and day trip out to fantastic courses. Ludington MI is an example I am familiar with....including Flip City.

Go to Highbridge. Stay for a night. Totally worth it...best place I've ever been for unabated disc golf awesomeness. Also, Sandy Point and Mont du Lac are both within an hour and a half (in opposite directions).

If you are going to play great courses and have a good time, I would say yes you should hit up Highbridge. There has been many people on here who have had a few issues with certain people at Highbridge, what seems like Abby specifically, but I don't think that is a reason NOT to go to it. I would absolutely recommend anyone who can and anyone who comes around the area to definitely hit it up. It's the Mecca.

it is a destination worth going. luckily for me it's just a 4 hour drive but we've gone multiple times. if you want to camp, that's very cheap and it's on site. if you want to stay in a motel, Ashland, WI is 20 minute drive north. there is one or two small towns <10 minutes away for gas, gatorade, etc. if you run out. or in my case, for some super glue for a shoe repair...

hard to beat for a destination trip - you can play for 3 days and never play the same hole twice.

early in the season, there's a lot of maintenance and they get complaints that all 5+1 courses aren't pristine... but from summer onward they stay on top of mowing, etc.

oh yeah, after you arrive late the first evening, you can unpack, and stay up the whole first night with beer playing the 24-hour night course. by 6AM you should go to bed, you have a long weekend of disc ahead of you...

I'm looking for a disc golf destination to spend a week in mid to late September. I would not stay at Highbridge, but would spend most days playing there. I'd be flying in from Florida (most likely to Minneapolis) and driving to the area. Is it worth it?

Staying there is part of the reason it's so awesome. I'm looking forward to catching a sunrise from the rocks on BB 17.

Right? Who would want 5 awesome courses all to themselves, golf carts, and camping with free firewood on beautiful secluded land for dirt cheap? That sounds lame as hell :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more. All the "drama" that appears on here is all crap that people have no other place to vent so they come on this site and talk about how crappy it is, yet some of them continue to go back. If it's so bad, personally I don't want you there. I think the place is awesome, had a strange run in with Abby but nothing major. John has been outstanding to us, gave us deals on carts and stays and such. I can't say enough good things about John. As I've said before it's a very laid back place that is basically as if it's in the 90's with the honor system stuff. Last few years they did have some people asking to make sure we paid but there's not always a staff member there to pay, usually just leave it in an envelope and take the receipt. If you want some great disc golf, you cannot go wrong with Highbridge.
Roggenb3, the only thing I would disagree with is if you add blueridge, and all the combo courses there's probably 7-10 courses technically :D

Highbridge is awesome. The week I spent there for Worlds was magical. How someone could bash this complex is beyond me. This place has something for everyone and all playing levels. I can't wait to go back soon, hit up a Packers game, and hit the other courses in the area. Hello, Wisconsin!

Roggenb3, the only thing I would disagree with is if you add blueridge, and all the combo courses there's probably 7-10 courses technically :D

Last year, only me and one of the guys in our group played the combo courses - everyone else wanted to play granite/gold some more to use the carts. I keep telling them they missed out on some awesome golf.

Granberry may be my favorite of all the courses. You get to play 1-12 of granite with the 5-6 alt tees, and then 13-18 of BB. Granite was probably my favorite course overall, but BB 13 was my favorite hole, so that combo course was awesome.

Last year, only me and one of the guys in our group played the combo courses - everyone else wanted to play granite/gold some more to use the carts. I keep telling them they missed out on some awesome golf.

Granberry may be my favorite of all the courses. You get to play 1-12 of granite with the 5-6 alt tees, and then 13-18 of BB. Granite was probably my favorite course overall, but BB 13 was my favorite hole, so that combo course was awesome.

I love BB13 except for the time I forgot my phone was in my pocket and went for a disc on the edge of the pond, slipped, and ended up ass deep in the water.

:doh:

To be honest, I haven't played any of the combo courses other than since Bear wasn't done last year I played 1-10 Bear I believe it was and then 10-18 woodlands or something like that. That was pretty sweet since bear is so long and woodlands so short you get a good mix.

This year it'll be I think our 4th annual trip as a group and I'm hoping to make an individual trip up or two on top of that. We are going to make sure and play the combo courses. 13 BB is an absolute awesome hole lol My buddy is a bit bitter with Abby on that hole but it's kind of whatever plus he had a few beers in him and didn't make the situation any better. He has since moved on and isn't worried. Plus (sorry I'm forgetful with names) but I believe it is Jeremy on here redoing some of the tee signs, going to look great on BB.

Again the only negative I will say is it's not completely up to date with the times, although word of new LED TV and WIFI in the bunkhouse is a big step towards the new technology and the new times. We have to remember they can't just do everything they want with a snap of fingers. They are limited as well with help they get and money/expenses. For me it's an amazing place and wouldn't pass up a chance to go up there.

Latest posts