• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

A lot of experts on someone else's property around here. Only one person had the ability to give the OK. Guess thinking with the wrong head is the woman's fault?

Going to be around July 13th? If I am not going to Am World's, I am heading out to Highbridge on Wednesday. I will be passing through Ashland in the late afternoon.

I dont believe I have anything special going on that day :)

A lot of experts on someone else's property around here. Only one person had the ability to give the OK. Guess thinking with the wrong head is the woman's fault?

Here's the thing though; if you have encountered you-know-who more than a couple times (which I have), you know a rave like this is 125% up her alley.

It's not her property. You can blame her all you want, but she's not the one with the authority to allow an event to be held there. Again, he could've said no. You can't blame her because he's thinking with his crotch.

I'm not saying she's not a mess, but everybody blaming her seems to forget he's equally as much of a mess.

It's not her property. You can blame her all you want, but she's not the one with the authority to allow an event to be held there. Again, he could've said no. You can't blame her because he's thinking with his crotch.

I'm not saying she's not a mess, but everybody blaming her seems to forget he's equally as much of a mess.

From all the stories and some personal experience w John, I havent forgotten that he's got some issues going on. But she is obviously a huge influence on his decisions. And if she is as OK with this crap coming first over disc golf at the supposed "Disc Golf Mecca", then shes just as much to blame.

I wouldnt go as far to say its his "crotch" doing the thinking though (rumors like that are BAD). That being said I cant help but wonder why in the hell Abby is the best person for this job in my eyes.

Of all the competent people in disc golf who could do a stellar job managing Highbridge, why her? And for all the trouble she has caused, why is she still there? Something really, really stinks about the whole situation.

Another thing a lot of people are ignoring is the financial impact of a fest like that. I'm sure it was a major shot in the arm for John as far as cash goes. Given how hard they struggle to keep that place afloat, I think it would be pretty hard to turn down a couple K for a weekend.

Of all the competent people in disc golf who could do a stellar job managing Highbridge, why her?

Pb said it (glad to see someone else has some realistic sense)...the place is in financial trouble. What competent person is going to agree to come to the middle of nowhere (in a state where you can't take a step without passing a course) to manage a piece of property that's in foreclosure? Do you honestly think that Highbridge has a surplus of funds?

Pb said it (glad to see someone else has some realistic sense)...the place is in financial trouble. What competent person is going to agree to come to the middle of nowhere (in a state where you can't take a step without passing a course) to manage a piece of property that's in foreclosure? Do you honestly think that Highbridge has a surplus of funds?

Real talk. What has HBH done in DG besides hosting worlds or whatever 10 years ago now?!

In 2013 it didnt leave me wanting to run back up there at all.

Not to mention last time I was there she talked about her kids still living in Texas, so up and leave your family as well...

Real talk. What has HBH done in DG besides hosting worlds or whatever 10 years ago now?!

In 2013 it didnt leave me wanting to run back up there at all.

Meh, I guess to each there own. Personally as a not very good INT player I feel their courses are some of the best at minimum in the state, and I forget the total number when you include parts of courses but around 8 or so courses to play all in one location. Also the fact it's not in a big city which I enjoy and is a very chill/relaxed atmosphere.

If your question is more what has it done for the PDGA and that type of disc golf, then yes, the answer is probably nothing.

The one thing that frustrates me is if Abby is getting paid to do what she is, or the simple fact she refers to herself as "part owner" why isn't she making new tee signs for the courses (instead Jeremy has been and I doubt getting paid although none of my business either way). She just seems to do very little from what I understand and yet many others do tons for those courses and get no credit. Seems backwards to me.

I'm not trying to take blame completely from Abby, but you guys have the wool pulled over your eyes if you think John isn't just as much to blame, if not more. How many partially completed projects of his litter the fairways of the courses? The place is mismanaged top to bottom.

The courses themselves were pretty fantastic though, even with all the water everywhere that we (happily) plodded through and the tall grass on pretty much every course. I would consider myself a very happy person if I woke every morning and had the view that we had from the Honka.

Does HBH post a schedule of concerts or tournaments that will be held there? I will be there the 3rd week of Sept and heard there may be a concert before that. Hopefully it won't be the same senario..

So does anyone know if Abby is gone now? Here's 2 quotes from her FB after Infrasound a friend sent me:

"I was up there. Believe me. I was asked to leave. They may not be open much longer. I did everything I could."

"All I can lately say is that my legal ownership was fraudulent, not on my part, and basically a lot of people got robbed"

I suppose I'll find out soon enough, going to be there tomorrow.

My advice is to pay the course fee and avoid talking to or with any of the "employees".

I suppose I'll find out soon enough, going to be there tomorrow.

Looking forward to your update. Unfortunately, I think it will probably have a significant bearing on whether or not I'll ever make it up to Highbridge :\. It's a shame to see such a well-known and beloved property go downhill due to poor management.

Latest posts