• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I just really hope that things are a bit better when we go up there the end of september. Also super worried as there is 2 Infrasound festivals each year the second being Infrasound Equinox which is usually sometime in Sept, really, REALLY hope this doesn't happen again!

I heard yesterday that Highbridge is for sale for 2 million. Any truth to that rumor?

This was brought up in this thread a while back. I think he's looking for investors, not buyers. But if I won the lotto, I would buy HBH for 2 mil in a heartbeat.

I don't think that he'll let it go, but would love to have a new infusion of cash to pay for stuff and keep the doors open. It's technically "for sale", but in reality it probably is not. The Blueberry #2 cabin burned down last winter and there's a pile of lumber somewhat near where it used to stand. There are various other projects all in different phases of planning and prep, but not much gets done out there. Lots of big ideas, but not much follow-through ever seems to happen around HBH.

There was a judgement of foreclosure on June 15th. This might be the last summer of disc golf at Highbridge. Banks don't have much interest in running disc golf courses.

So does anyone know if Abby is gone now? Here's 2 quotes from her FB after Infrasound a friend sent me:

"I was up there. Believe me. I was asked to leave. They may not be open much longer. I did everything I could."

"All I can lately say is that my legal ownership was fraudulent, not on my part, and basically a lot of people got robbed"

I suppose I'll find out soon enough, going to be there tomorrow.

Yep, sounds about right. Blame everyone else. And then run away after the course you manage gets trashed. John is definitely partly to blame and is quite sketchy. But why would she come back after her last freak out?

Why would anyone ever trust him I guess.

Problem is, if there's more than two dudes in any one spot, she pretty much gravitates towards said group.

And then asks them for substances.

And won't leave you alone.

And/or tries to hook up.

Or brings a ton of dudes from the campground up to the Honka to party uninvited.

Yes, it's public record on the Wisconsin court website. I don't want to post a link but it's out there if you know what to look for.

That's actually really sad news, to me at least. For all HBH's faults, it is still an amazing, one of a kind, DG experience. Really hope they (or someone else) find a way to keep it going.

Last edited:
Jon only owns 30 acres of highbridge. He can't sell anything. Superberry was highly interested last year in the purchase of hbh only to realize it can't be bought. I don't even understand how it has existed this long

Yes, it's public record on the Wisconsin court website. I don't want to post a link but it's out there if you know what to look for.

along with 45 other court cases posted :|

multiple foreclosed mortgage records, multiple not paying other businesses for their services, multiple not paying property taxes...

Good news is that he appears to be a veteran at being summoned.

I love Highbridge, but for a lot of disc golfers to be interested in going to Highbridge it would need to change. Maybe it is past the point where it can change. There are just other disc golf courses that are not as far of a drive that are better kept and have more amenities. The actual golf is still amazing. There will always be the disc golf crowd that wants to go live dirty for a few days and throw some discs (which is me sometimes), but I think the disc golf demographic is changing or people just expect more now.
Highbridge has to keep up with the sport but I don't think John has the desire to do so. It seems like he just wants Highbridge to just keep being Highbridge, warts and all.

Jon only owns 30 acres of highbridge. He can't sell anything. Superberry was highly interested last year in the purchase of hbh only to realize it can't be bought. I don't even understand how it has existed this long

How does that work? Who owns the rest of the property? Does Jon just lease it or something?

It sounds like Highbridge will be in court-induced limbo for years. No investor would touch that with a ten foot pole. I'm going to skip it this year and do the Keweenaw-Porcupine Mtn.-Ironwood-Sandy Point-Stevens Point loop this fall instead. Why take chances.

This was brought up in this thread a while back. I think he's looking for investors, not buyers. But if I won the lotto, I would buy HBH for 2 mil in a heartbeat.

lol. I have a machine that can create lakes even in the desert.. you want in?

Trulia has it listed for a bit over 1.5 million. Not sure how many acres it is though. Man if I had the ability I would buy that place in a heartbeat as well, but ya know.... money.

Here's the thing; everyone mentions how the place is too isolated, too big, too much for one or two people to handle, therefore it CAN'T make money. BUT people still go there. We all know discers are very willing to travel long distances for some good golf. So if you focus on the DISC GOLF aspect of things (ie cut the crap Johns doing with quarter finished projects everywhere) and just mowed the stinking place, take out tha garbage, keep a straightforward record of who's staying where and what day (ie excel of a friggin' notebook), HBH would be fine.

Mowing, garbage and no overlapping reservations is all it would take. Find a freakin' high school kid to do it for part time, pay him/her per hour at a low rate, and thats all you need. You dont need to bring some random halfway across the **** country to do this. Hell work with the schools and make it some community service thing if you really dont wanna pay anyone.

Sorry for the rant.... I am a frustrated local.