• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Can't really provide much input, been so busy w coursework in Ironwood lately. Last time I was there was the day of the festival so its been awhile.

However the Disc Golf 365 state tournament circuit is stopping there this weekend (the same tourney that was at Mountain Mans this past weekend), and I am sure there should be pics and updates from them. I wont be playing, but I would like to get out there next weekend. I'll try and get the inside scoop from John.

Stand by yall haha.

Ok so I lied, I ended having enough time to come out to HBH for a round, gonna play Blueberry, just arrived, things look ok now but we'll see what it looks like when I'm done.

Ok so I lied, I ended having enough time to come out to HBH for a round, gonna play Blueberry, just arrived, things look ok now but we'll see what it looks like when I'm done.

Thanks Jeremy, any update would be appreciated. We're debating a cannonball run over the holiday weekend and want to make sure everything is at least playable.

I hope all the garbage got picked up at least. It's still early enough in the year that Highbridge should recover if there's no more damage done. I don't know if John is reseeding anything, but the grass will eventually grow back. I didn't see any more festivals scheduled on Infrasound's website and it looks like they go somewhere different every year anyway, so this may not happen again.

So played a round on Blueberry and left, just cause of time. But I conditions seemed good enough that I would have stayed if I didn't have to work tonight.

It was 100% playable with no issues. Hole 3 has a big two car wide stretch where it is straight up dirt and a bit chunky, but dry and not bothersome. Could get mucky with a rain though. There was a decent amount of missing grass on holes 2 and 6 as well, but again nothing that hinders play at all, just minorly brings down the appearance a bit.

Didn't walk over to the other courses, but the middle part of Granite by the road (bottom of 7, 9, 10, 13, 14 looked pristine, and 17 and 18 from what I could see from BB looked fine as well.

There was a pile of garbage bags by the tee of BB hole 11, I'm assuming waiting to be picked up at some point since it is right by the road. There is still two large WM dumpsters on site, one in the parking lot, and one in the clearing back by the pro shop. Thankfully no stench of any kind to speak of, just fresh air.

So yeah it looks and feels like its back to normal out there, not sure about the other courses but if Blueberry 10 and 11 survived all those hundreds of tents and cars on the fairways like it did, then I'm sure the rest cant be too bad.

In other news the middle pond on BB 13 is way deeper than it looks. Really wanted my Champ Boss back though.

No haha I had to dive multiple times just to get mine, I thought about looking for more but muddy stagnant water freaks me out lol.

Yup. That pond is super grody...I had no issues leaving that frisbee behind. You're a better man than me for going in there.

Not the middle pond but the pond by the green on 13 a member of our club goes diving every year we go. Started the first year when he was kind enough to go after my roc, then we pulled so many discs out that he has just decided to see what we find every year. We call him mud man for this very reason!

A little birdie told me the other day that Infrasound had signed a 10 year contract to have Highbridge as the venue.

I somehow doubt the validity of that.

Per John, this is true. However, he said that Infrasound broke their end of the contract and he may pull out of it. You could tell when talking to him about it that he was torn between the money and the course damage. The contract was apparently for 2 shows per year for 10 years.

Overall the conditions were better than I anticipated based on the conversations here. As Jeremy said, BB was totally playable, just a bit torn up on a few holes.

Woodlands was also torn up on 5-6 holes, and was the wettest and muddiest of them. Overall it was pretty dry out there though, even after that T-storm the other night, the next day was not bad at all.

Thankfully Granite was in great shape. The only hole I remember being messed up is 7 (the big downhill with water on the left).

Gold was also in great shape, save for 2-3 fairways (obviously hole 8 is one of those, and that fairway was REALLY destroyed - no run ups unless you get lucky and land on a patch of grass).

Chesnut was in the best shape of all, they must not have had any stages down there during Infrasound.

Bear looked ok, but was not mowed AT ALL, so I didn't really get to play it (again). I walked through it with a couple putters, and it seems so frickin cool. Upsetting that I have come twice and never seen Bear in playable conditions.

I only saw John once in the 4+ days I was there; and that was only when he stopped us on Granite 9 to take a picture. Abby was not there (hooray), but her Jeep was, so I am not sure if she's gone for good.

Didn't need John to bring firewood, since all the fairways have piles of firewood next to makeshift firepits - just grab a cart and drive down Granite 18 until it's full. There was still a good amount of trash piles all over all the courses except Bear. And a ton of camping chairs, tents, canopies, and all sorts of other stuff that was simply abandoned.

Overall, I was still satisfied with the trip. Really, my biggest disappointment was again not getting to play Bear.

Thanks for the thorough update. I think we're going to try and make the trek from SW Ohio this holiday weekend to play while we still can.

Looks like the fall show is being cancelled.....:clap: :clap:

but they are supposedly still in talks for future......:doh: :doh:

for reference...

https://www.facebook.com/InfrasoundFestival/posts/782149325252836

Infrasound Music Festival

June 30 at 6:34pm ·

Dear Infrasound Community,

First & foremost we need to thank you for being the most resilient and incredible group of people. Infrasound Music Festival 2016 presented many difficult challenges and some equally incredible experiences. Looking back, your support during these challenges will remain one of the more memorable moments of our history together.

Having the privilege & responsibility of curating gatherings and events for this community is not something we take lightly. Our goal is and will always be to create special moments to enjoy and experience together. From the musical performances & sounds systems to live art, installations & workshops, we will always focus on providing this community with what it wants and expects from our events. You are what provides this festival with life and growth and we appreciate all of your support over the past few years.

The unfortunate truth is 2016, in a number of ways, didn't meet the standards that are expected from Infrasound. After a couple weeks of gathering information, we ultimately hope to shed some light on why many of these challenges occurred.

After having to say goodbye to the grounds which we all grew together on, we searched high and low until we discovered a beautiful yet raw piece of land in Highbridge Hills. After further internal discussion, we decided to meet with the owners of Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Course. Our goal was to reach an agreement to become the new home of Infrasound Music Festival for the next ten years with the exclusive rights to produce music events on the grounds. This exclusive use of the property would allow us to develop a strong relationship with the nearby communities and city officials as they could expect to work with one production company while we could ensure quality operations.

As a disc golf course we collectively understood the property would present challenges as the grounds were primitive. We also envisioned that with the right energy, communication and commitment, the land could be sculpted into a very special home. Countless hours were spent collectively writing up the requirements of the property owners & event producers which would need to be accomplished to become not only the home of Infrasound but the perfect home where we could continue to grow together.

A large focus of these requirements that were agreed upon in the meetings were surrounding the proper reinforcement of the pathways and roadways on the property for essential areas like the parking lots and pathways from each stage to ensure easy and quick access and travel from stage to stage. The Beach expansion was another key requirement which was dictated during this process as our desire to keep the tradition alive.

Over the course of our meetings with the property owners, we were repeatedly assured with much excitement that all requirements would be met in advance of Infrasound 2016. Unfortunately, for reasons which are still being worked through, the ownership did not follow through on their commitments.

The original plan was to have camping set up throughout the woods in between the Ridge Stage and Mendi's with beautiful lighting and art installations illuminating the pathways. We had spent an enormous amount of energy and resources to bring the high level of art and lighting to Infrasound 2016 because we know this has become a growing piece of our aesthetic and standard. This became impossible to create when the pathways were subjected to non stop torrential downpours the week leading up to the festival and continuing throughout the weekend.

As the heavy rain and wind continued to make operations very difficult, a significant portion of the volunteers and even some staff abandoned ship during the first days of storms. This made it impossible to effectively allocate our remaining resources. Fortunately we had some incredible support from the community, our friends & family along with staff and even some artists! People truly went above and beyond to ensure the show could go on and we love them for it.

Many of the difficulties over the weekend were from very difficult weather along with the lack of follow through on the commitments to improve the property in advance to Infrasound 2016. But ultimately we are here to take responsibility for these short comings and apologize to our dedicated community.

We are currently in discussions with the property owners to take over all responsibilities of sculpting the property into the new home of Infrasound. In our efforts to create the perfect home of Infrasound we have made the decision to take a year off from Infrasound Equinox and focus all our energy into the sculpting of the grounds for Infrasound Music Festival 2017, which will likely be hosted in July to ensure happier, sunnier & warmer times.

What we all need to remember is that Camp NCN once had no infrastructure at all either. It took numerous events and high level excavation and construction over the last decade to create the beautiful concert venue we know now. We want to create that same home in Highbridge for our community and we believe you will trust us again after the next year of hard work ahead of us.

We've received & thoroughly researched everyone's thoughts and concerns about the new property and 2016 event. We promise to fix and improve every aspect of the festival for 2017 and will far exceed everyone's expectations.

As much as we wish to come together again in 2016, our focus must remain on the longevity of Infrasound and how we can create a true home for many years to come. As a team we feel this is our best option in achieving this goal.
- Team Infrasound

Looks like the fall show is being cancelled.....:clap: :clap:

but they are supposedly still in talks for future......:doh: :doh:

for reference...

https://www.facebook.com/InfrasoundFestival/posts/782149325252836

Infrasound Music Festival

June 30 at 6:34pm ·

Dear Infrasound Community,

First & foremost we need to thank you for being the most resilient and incredible group of people. Infrasound Music Festival 2016 presented many difficult challenges and some equally incredible experiences. Looking back, your support during these challenges will remain one of the more memorable moments of our history together.

Having the privilege & responsibility of curating gatherings and events for this community is not something we take lightly. Our goal is and will always be to create special moments to enjoy and experience together. From the musical performances & sounds systems to live art, installations & workshops, we will always focus on providing this community with what it wants and expects from our events. You are what provides this festival with life and growth and we appreciate all of your support over the past few years.

The unfortunate truth is 2016, in a number of ways, didn't meet the standards that are expected from Infrasound. After a couple weeks of gathering information, we ultimately hope to shed some light on why many of these challenges occurred.

After having to say goodbye to the grounds which we all grew together on, we searched high and low until we discovered a beautiful yet raw piece of land in Highbridge Hills. After further internal discussion, we decided to meet with the owners of Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Course. Our goal was to reach an agreement to become the new home of Infrasound Music Festival for the next ten years with the exclusive rights to produce music events on the grounds. This exclusive use of the property would allow us to develop a strong relationship with the nearby communities and city officials as they could expect to work with one production company while we could ensure quality operations.

As a disc golf course we collectively understood the property would present challenges as the grounds were primitive. We also envisioned that with the right energy, communication and commitment, the land could be sculpted into a very special home. Countless hours were spent collectively writing up the requirements of the property owners & event producers which would need to be accomplished to become not only the home of Infrasound but the perfect home where we could continue to grow together.

A large focus of these requirements that were agreed upon in the meetings were surrounding the proper reinforcement of the pathways and roadways on the property for essential areas like the parking lots and pathways from each stage to ensure easy and quick access and travel from stage to stage. The Beach expansion was another key requirement which was dictated during this process as our desire to keep the tradition alive.

Over the course of our meetings with the property owners, we were repeatedly assured with much excitement that all requirements would be met in advance of Infrasound 2016. Unfortunately, for reasons which are still being worked through, the ownership did not follow through on their commitments.

The original plan was to have camping set up throughout the woods in between the Ridge Stage and Mendi's with beautiful lighting and art installations illuminating the pathways. We had spent an enormous amount of energy and resources to bring the high level of art and lighting to Infrasound 2016 because we know this has become a growing piece of our aesthetic and standard. This became impossible to create when the pathways were subjected to non stop torrential downpours the week leading up to the festival and continuing throughout the weekend.

As the heavy rain and wind continued to make operations very difficult, a significant portion of the volunteers and even some staff abandoned ship during the first days of storms. This made it impossible to effectively allocate our remaining resources. Fortunately we had some incredible support from the community, our friends & family along with staff and even some artists! People truly went above and beyond to ensure the show could go on and we love them for it.

Many of the difficulties over the weekend were from very difficult weather along with the lack of follow through on the commitments to improve the property in advance to Infrasound 2016. But ultimately we are here to take responsibility for these short comings and apologize to our dedicated community.

We are currently in discussions with the property owners to take over all responsibilities of sculpting the property into the new home of Infrasound. In our efforts to create the perfect home of Infrasound we have made the decision to take a year off from Infrasound Equinox and focus all our energy into the sculpting of the grounds for Infrasound Music Festival 2017, which will likely be hosted in July to ensure happier, sunnier & warmer times.

What we all need to remember is that Camp NCN once had no infrastructure at all either. It took numerous events and high level excavation and construction over the last decade to create the beautiful concert venue we know now. We want to create that same home in Highbridge for our community and we believe you will trust us again after the next year of hard work ahead of us.

We've received & thoroughly researched everyone's thoughts and concerns about the new property and 2016 event. We promise to fix and improve every aspect of the festival for 2017 and will far exceed everyone's expectations.

As much as we wish to come together again in 2016, our focus must remain on the longevity of Infrasound and how we can create a true home for many years to come. As a team we feel this is our best option in achieving this goal.
- Team Infrasound

The bolded section describes the owner, and HB's root core problem, to a T! The "real" man behind the curtain ...

Apparently leading these people on too, just like us disc golfers :-/

This saddens me:

"We are currently in discussions with the property owners to take over all responsibilities of sculpting the property into the new home of Infrasound."

If they have total control to sculpt the property to fit their uses, you can say goodbye to disc golf as we know it at HBH.

frustrated-with-sales.jpg

My question would be what did they do to camp ncn and why are they not there anymore?

Just got back from the Northwoods over the holiday weekend. We played Highbridge on Friday on Saturday and had a pretty good time. Most of John's efforts are clearly focused on cleaning up Blueberry, which was dramatically improved from the previous condition update. Granite was pretty woolly on Friday and still had a lot of trash on it. Woodland was mostly clear, and I think John mowed it Saturday morning. Gold was in pretty good shape on Saturday and very playable, despite the occasional trash pile. I'm not sure what the fairways looked like beforehand, but a lot of the open holes are pretty torn up. They were fine to play on while it was dry, but I imagine they'll be a nightmare when it's wet. I talked with John briefly on Saturday, and he expressed some extreme disappointment in how the festival went, but was evasive when I asked about whether they breached contract, would be back next year, etc.

From an outsider's perspective, I don't think it's fair to pin all of the blame on John. I was shocked by the amount of abandoned tents, structures, campsite trash, drug paraphernalia, and other piles of nastiness simply abandoned by festival-goers for other people to pick up. John may not have held to everything he promised festival organizers, but the patrons also didn't seem to extend any respect to the property whatsoever. The whole situation is a shame, and it leaves disc golfers like us stuck in the middle. My overall takeaway is that Highbridge was fun, but is more a testament to big ideas, poor execution, and wasted potential than anything else.