• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I don't think anyone is expecting luxury @$25 a night but I think we can expect accommodations like windows that have screens, and toilet seats.

exactly. I do a decent amount of camping. I would much rather see a well maintained bunkhouse that is just a square box with bunk beds and a kitchen area.

What I hate to see is a house that has a ton of pontential being allowed to go to **** because of poor maintenance

exactly. I do a decent amount of camping. I would much rather see a well maintained bunkhouse that is just a square box with bunk beds and a kitchen area.

What I hate to see is a house that has a ton of pontential being allowed to go to **** because of poor maintenance

It makes me said to hear the way everything up there seems to be falling apart. The last time I went to highbridge was either 2009 or 2010 and the honka house was REALLY nice. I remember being blown away at how cheap it was to stay in such a nice spot. Really bums me out that nothing seems to have been maintained up there over the years.

I don't think anyone is expecting luxury @$25 a night but I think we can expect accommodations like windows that have screens, and toilet seats.

Yea, or maybe we shouldn't expect that since that's not the case? Toilet seats I agree that's super gross not to have, but also like I said if you got camping in a woods with a tent over your head, you technically don't have shelter and don't have a toilet at all. You always have the option there to do tenting for much cheaper (idk the price offhand), so make the decision to have a nicer than tent over your head or have a semi run down but from the outside nicer looking roof and walls.

I know i'm sounding like I'm defending John and Highbridge and i'm not completely meaning to. I guess I've loved this place because it was honestly better than we expected when we first went there. It's a roof over the head, sleeping bags/pillows/blankets (yes probably haven't been washed in some time if ever)

I do agree completely with all the amounts of potential although I think traffic through there and the location really hinders the ability to do some stuff.

I'm also guessing now that I have pretty much defended highbridge to some degree that something not great will happen this year that will make things terrible for our group. It does unfortunately only seem bound to happen. Our group has already discussed stopping our yearly trip up there so if something bad did happen it would just be the nail in the coffin. I would still recommend at the very least anyone going through or anyone remotely close stop by and at least disc some amazing courses (when mowed and not torn up)

Agreed. I'd go so much more if it wasn't 15 hours away.

Yes I agree and I'm only like 2.5 hours away. I may make an extra trip or two up and would really like to sit down and talk to John about things and give him some suggestions and just see what he gives for answers.

He always seems to have so many plans and not enough time and resources to get everything done but if he just slowed down and did one thing at a time from start to finish plus doing more upkeep instead of always adding, that place would be spectacular but would it ultimately bring in more people when they are located where they are, i'd like to think I know the answer is no, but I guess idk for sure.

I'm also guessing now that I have pretty much defended highbridge to some degree that something not great will happen this year that will make things terrible for our group. It does unfortunately only seem bound to happen. Our group has already discussed stopping our yearly trip up there so if something bad did happen it would just be the nail in the coffin. I would still recommend at the very least anyone going through or anyone remotely close stop by and at least disc some amazing courses (when mowed and not torn up)

Highbridge is awesome, but there are plenty of other places to make pilgrimages to for disc golf. Go visit Flip City if you haven't been there.

Highbridge is awesome, but there are plenty of other places to make pilgrimages to for disc golf. Go visit Flip City if you haven't been there.

I would absolutely love to take a 7 hour trip one way to there including a ferry ride (otherwise it's going to be at least 3 hours longer) but I'm not sure that's in the funds and/or have enough vacation to take for that.

That place does sound pretty amazing though from what I've heard.

I would absolutely love to take a 7 hour trip one way to there including a ferry ride (otherwise it's going to be at least 3 hours longer) but I'm not sure that's in the funds and/or have enough vacation to take for that.

That place does sound pretty amazing though from what I've heard.

It's a must play.

If you don't want to go that far (the ferry is EXPENSIVE), you can always shoot down my way and camp at Rollin' Ridge. Lots of good courses in the area, plus you'd get the distinct pleasure of throwing with me!

It's a must play.

If you don't want to go that far (the ferry is EXPENSIVE), you can always shoot down my way and camp at Rollin' Ridge. Lots of good courses in the area, plus you'd get the distinct pleasure of throwing with me!

I will have to hit you up next time I get to Rollin'. I've played it a couple times and those courses are great and super challenging (not that I need a challenge with how bad I play lol) and this was one of the areas our group has in mind to take instead of highbridge if we go that route. I don't want to deter this thread from HBH but will say thanks for the recommendation and agree it's a great area with great courses, plus maybe could do some Steven Avery solving his case?

Agreed. I'd go so much more if it wasn't 15 hours away.

In the middle of no mans land.

15 hours for some epic DG in a great city is a whole different level. I think people tend to leave "location" out of a review factor which i understand but in reality it plays a big part.

This place would have been shut down by city/county in some areas of MN due to building code issues alone.

Nice pix. That view on Gold 8 just makes me sad. From one of the most picturesque holes around to an eyesore.

Did Blueberry 2 still look ok? We must have thrown that thing 20 times over Memorial Day weekend.

Nice pix. That view on Gold 8 just makes me sad. From one of the most picturesque holes around to an eyesore.

Did Blueberry 2 still look ok? We must have thrown that thing 20 times over Memorial Day weekend.

Blueberry 2 was still great. We were getting drunk and throwing it. Also hole 3.

Scotts pics are very good, and representative.

In the middle of no mans land.

15 hours for some epic DG in a great city is a whole different level. I think people tend to leave "location" out of a review factor which i understand but in reality it plays a big part.

This place would have been shut down by city/county in some areas of MN due to building code issues alone.

Honestly, the remoteness of Highbridge is one of the things I love about it. Completely, totally, unequivocally getting away from it all is part of the allure for me.

That's one of many unfinished "Jokinen projects" on Gold. The complex is littered with half-finished buildings like that. There are more in the picture set.

That's one of many unfinished "Jokinen projects" on Gold. The complex is littered with half-finished buildings like that. There are more in the picture set.

Is it supposed to be a cabin with all windowed front or something?