• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Hopefully you get a better update than this, but three weeks ago it was impossible to get from Duluth to Highbridge (or in my case, the other way around). You had to go down to Hayward and then come back up. Stay away from County Road GG. From Hayward your GPS will try to take you that way, but it required a heavy duty vehicle to make it across one sketchy section of road.

Of course it has been three weeks and while we were up there construction crews were working non-stop to get those roads repaired.

On a side note, I lost a C-FD on Gold 10. It had to be no more than a few feet from the road about basket deep. We had nine people searching a 20 foot wide by 100 foot long stretch of tall ditch grass by the basket and no one could find it. Not a big loss, but of all the places to lose a disc at Highbridge, we practically saw this one land. I had no troubles on any other course all weekend long. I am sure it was not exactly putting, but it was not that bad of a shot and we should have had an easy approach at the basket.

If you go through Hayward, youll be fine in GG going into Mellen. Went through that way to Minneapolis a few weeks ago.

It's funny, as much as we complain about stuff up there (and rightfully so), there's not a day that goes by where I don't want to wake up in the Honka, step out on the deck and crack a 7am beer, and then go throw Granite or Gold or Blueberry.

This is definitely me as well. A lot of stuff went wrong on our trip there, but I still want to go back and play them all again. Dont mean to hate on the place with my posts, but there is just so much potential in the courses and complex that will never fully develop due to poor management and its pretty frustrating.

I'd like to get back up that way some day. Still my #1 place that I've played. I played the Mid Nationals tournament and Pro Worlds. The courses were in perfect condition both weeks I was there.

I agree with many of you that have posted before. If John would just spend the time mowing and keeping the 4 main courses clean this place is incredible. I just wish we had it here in the Chicagoland Suburbs.

Roads were fine, I was able to take the normal route from Duluth. Courses were in great shape. Got to play the front 9 of Bear!

If there was any amount of job security at HBH and pay was enough for rent, food, and gas, I would apply.

I'm guessing it's gonna end up to be about ... Zero $$$ down, and nothing monthly. The good news is, at those rates, job security is FANTASTIC, stay as long as you like!!!

To validate my guess, I should tell you that I live a short 90 minutes from HB. I spent a couple of summers trying to help John. I tried my best to preserve the courses, and the disc golf side of HB. To no avail, it was a complete effort in futility, and frustration. :wall::wall:

I'm only one of many, there have been many capable people who attempted the same thing, before and after my time there. :sick:

I spent a couple of summers trying to help John. I tried my best to preserve the courses, and the disc golf side of HB. To no avail, it was a complete effort in futility, and frustration. :wall::wall:

I'm only one of many, there have been many capable people who attempted the same thing, before and after my time there. :sick:

Given your experience working with John and the courses, what are some of the main problems you faced or what was so frustrating? Genuinely curious.

Yeah, I don't know if you ever met Wes, but he was a guy trying to help John in 2015 and expressed the same frustration when we were there. I saw him a tourney early this year and he said he isn't helping anymore because Abby.