• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Great...so Blueberry #2 is going to get destroyed.

I mean, it's not like it's the coolest hole out there or anything...

Yeah like I said. I was told a few months back that, "they're having it ALL by Chestnut". Then less than a month ago, I am told things like this. Straight up doubling down and lying.

So yeah it seems like BB hole 2 is in jeopardy, which really, really sucks.

True, but no matter how awful they are at running it, the courses are still legit. Even garbage-covered, it's still great golf.

This to me is the most accurate statement i've seen on this forum in years. The courses are spectacular and having that amount of excellent courses all in essentially one location is a great thing that most of if not all of the state doesn't offer anything like that. Sad this was our year to get bent over, happy none of our group lost any money or anything like that, just haven't had John get back to us, thus he won't be getting our money this year.

Someone told me BB 1 has also burned down now - can anyone confirm that? I know BB 2 burned down last year, not sure if there was just confusion about which one is 1/2.

If it's true I guess I am sleeping in my car this year.

The main stage was in that same area last year so hopefully BB hole 2 will be just fine as it was before. Hopefully they have figured out parking that's what absolutely destroyed the fairways was all the cars parking on soaked grass.

Yeah like I said. I was told a few months back that, "they're having it ALL by Chestnut". Then less than a month ago, I am told things like this. Straight up doubling down and lying.

So yeah it seems like BB hole 2 is in jeopardy, which really, really sucks.

Not sure why you were told that. The field between the bear course and chestnut is not part of the complex. Chestnut doesnt offer the spectacular views like the hill. Infrasound has a 10 year contract and they expect the good stuff. At least they are investing in the facilities. Blueberry 2 looks great in the pics john posted today.

Someone told me BB 1 has also burned down now - can anyone confirm that? I know BB 2 burned down last year, not sure if there was just confusion about which one is 1/2.

If it's true I guess I am sleeping in my car this year.

Love how of course you haven't been notified that the cabin you reserved no longer exists. This is crazy that they both have burned down! I really hope that John can get them both rebuilt and in a better than before fashion. So who is the dumbass that burns cabins down every winter lol? Or is it the "wiring" in the cabins?

Love how of course you haven't been notified that the cabin you reserved no longer exists. This is crazy that they both have burned down! I really hope that John can get them both rebuilt and in a better than before fashion. So who is the dumbass that burns cabins down every winter lol? Or is it the "wiring" in the cabins?

Yeah for realz - John even "confirmed" our reservation on FB like 2 weeks ago. I was told BB1 is still standing, just all burned and charred. Maybe he thinks it's still legit to stay in? I never know with John, lol.

Doesn't really matter to me, I sleep well in my car. Biggest hit is that we don't have a fridge anymore and ice probably costs a fortune in Mellon.

As for getting them rebuilt, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Not sure why you were told that. The field between the bear course and chestnut is not part of the complex. Chestnut doesnt offer the spectacular views like the hill. Infrasound has a 10 year contract and they expect the good stuff. At least they are investing in the facilities. Blueberry 2 looks great in the pics john posted today.

I am not sure what is meant by "the field between the bear course and chestnut is not part of the complex"?

Even though Chestnut does not have the beauty of some of the other courses, destroying it does not really benefit anyone.

Again, having a 10 year contract (of an unspecified amount, on here anyway), does not really excuse or justify destroying any land. Investing in this land, for the benefit of any event, to the detriment of many others does not fly with me. It flies in the face of my philosophies and goes against what I see as the mission of our game. I sure a large tournament that destroyed the new parking lot, tore down the stage and left heaping mounds of trash all over, would be a huge issue for the concert goers and organizers. I would think that both events could coexist without much issue, but that is ultimately incumbent upon the owner. Seems to me that investing in the owner is somewhat of a folly.

Yeah for realz - John even "confirmed" our reservation on FB like 2 weeks ago. I was told BB1 is still standing, just all burned and charred. Maybe he thinks it's still legit to stay in? I never know with John, lol.

Doesn't really matter to me, I sleep well in my car. Biggest hit is that we don't have a fridge anymore and ice probably costs a fortune in Mellon.

As for getting them rebuilt, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Theres a fridge in the pro shop thats usually empty. I prefer sleeping in my truck anyway and its pretty convienent. Im usually there weekdays too tho so im not sure what the fridge traffic looks like on the weekends.

I am not sure what is meant by "the field between the bear course and chestnut is not part of the complex"?

Even though Chestnut does not have the beauty of some of the other courses, destroying it does not really benefit anyone.

Again, having a 10 year contract (of an unspecified amount, on here anyway), does not really excuse or justify destroying any land. Investing in this land, for the benefit of any event, to the detriment of many others does not fly with me. It flies in the face of my philosophies and goes against what I see as the mission of our game. I sure a large tournament that destroyed the new parking lot, tore down the stage and left heaping mounds of trash all over, would be a huge issue for the concert goers and organizers. I would think that both events could coexist without much issue, but that is ultimately incumbent upon the owner. Seems to me that investing in the owner is somewhat of a folly.

Last year they did have a record down pour the last day of the festival. Aside from improving the main stage, Infrasound has also put in culverts and new gravel on the access road. Hopefully with better planning and a little luck the place wont be trashed again, at least not to the extent of last year. As a disc golfer i hate the festivals, but they are a necessary evil to keep the baskets up.

Last year they did have a record down pour the last day of the festival. Aside from improving the main stage, Infrasound has also put in culverts and new gravel on the access road. Hopefully with better planning and a little luck the place wont be trashed again, at least not to the extent of last year. As a disc golfer i hate the festivals, but they are a necessary evil to keep the baskets up.

From all accounts, this is innuendo. It does not sound like the owner is really capable of any sound business decisions. To think the golf portion would/could not continue via the "fly by the seat of your pants" strategy for years is really just speculation. To also believe that the monies will have any impact on the property or course is also speculation. I guess time will tell.

InfraSound had volunteers for cleaning the aftermath last year.

Guess what? They all bailed.

Hard to believe with a bunch of fried out Wooks.

I'm assuming this year will be more of the same.

InfraSound had volunteers for cleaning the aftermath last year.

Guess what? They all bailed.

Hard to believe with a bunch of fried out Wooks.

I'm assuming this year will be more of the same.

On the bright side, all the firewood you can use! It was the only plus from Infra, lol.

We had decent size fire going basically 24 hrs a day last year when I was there. So many little piles of firewood all over every course. It was much better than 2 years ago when we had to wait for John to show up with some paint-covered, nail-ridden, scrap wood every day.

From all accounts, this is innuendo. It does not sound like the owner is really capable of any sound business decisions. To think the golf portion would/could not continue via the "fly by the seat of your pants" strategy for years is really just speculation. To also believe that the monies will have any impact on the property or course is also speculation. I guess time will tell.

If you take a look lately you will see what im talking about. The infrastructure improvements are already happening

If you take a look lately you will see what im talking about. The infrastructure improvements are already happening

Are any of those infrastructure improvements going to benefit the courses? Or do you just mean infrastructure for the festivals (parking, stages, etc).

It would be nice if Infra put a little money towards woodchipping the paths, redoing the grass on all the fairways they destroyed, etc.

I am sure the festival is putting money into improvements. I was actually talking about the owner reinvesting some of the monies earned through the festival back into the courses.

I do think golfer ultimately benefit from a better road, parking lot....

Latest posts