• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

From all accounts, this is innuendo. It does not sound like the owner is really capable of any sound business decisions. To think the golf portion would/could not continue via the "fly by the seat of your pants" strategy for years is really just speculation. To also believe that the monies will have any impact on the property or course is also speculation. I guess time will tell.
I believe at last count that Johnnie had 60+ lawsuits and judgements against him. He's run several businesses into the ground, he had a race car that burned up money like gas, he's been blackballed by the PDGA so there will never be another tournament there. This deal with Infrasound is just another money grab for the Joke, and given his history, he'll screw this up too.

I believe at last count that Johnnie had 60+ lawsuits and judgements against him. He's run several businesses into the ground, he had a race car that burned up money like gas, he's been blackballed by the PDGA so there will never be another tournament there. This deal with Infrasound is just another money grab for the Joke, and given his history, he'll screw this up too.

^

This is all you really need to know about how HBH is run.

Speculate all you want, but at the end of the day all JJ wants is an easy money grab.

I've been wondering the same. Been waaaaayyy to busy to get out there. May go this weekend, but only if my buds can't go to Mont Du Lac...

Here is a image from the Infrasound FB page. Definitely were set up all over the fairways and somewhat hard to tell exactly where everything is with the panoramic pic, but judging by this there certainly will be some damage but hopefully no where near what last year caused.

Attachments

• 20024154_1011537115647388_7855256056811912322_o.jpg
    20024154_1011537115647388_7855256056811912322_o.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 126
Just zoomed into the pic to take a closer look. You can see there is canopy tents right on the green to BB2 god I hope that hole is fine!

This s**t pisses me off, as a disc golfer, to the point where I barely care anymore what happens to the damn place...

Really curious on conditions out there. Will most likely be headed there for a weekend at the end of august. Hoping to play bear (hopefully it will be maintained) and gold this time. Didn't get to play them last time.

A couple buddies and I made a pilgrimage up to Wisconsin based on reviews of a lot of the courses. We were very excited to experience the "Mecca" High Bridge, but on July 18th could not have been more disappointed. Although John had told us the course was good to go over the phone, we had come to find out that the entire course was recently rented out for a music festival. It was a Tuesday morning around 11:00 and there were faculty from the event waking up out of tents and shacks asking us to keep it down. We saw endless amounts of garbage and tents as we navigated through Blueberry Hills and the Gold. It was utterly shocking. None of us have ever seen worse conditions of a course. I really do see potential in the course, but it is near unplayable as of yesterday. If you still intend to visit, please make sure you give it more time.

If you're willing to travel a bit further south towards Green Bay, I would highly recommend Rollin Ridge. It was everything we were hoping to find in High Bridge, and Steve, the owner, is a great guy to strike a conversion with. I would also recommend Standing Rocks for another great wooded course with a gorgeous view.

I was going to say wow that there was still tents and people out there from the festival 2 days after the end but I guess it actually ended on monday the 17th not sunday as you would normally expect. Hopefully the garbage will be attended to but I'm sure it won't. Such bull**** really this is the peace love and environmentally conscious type of people or so they claim but they can't manage their trash for a whole 4 days! Sorry you had to experience that markel the courses are truly amazing but unfortunately they have resorted to hosting festivals to "pay" the bills. I can't stress this enough but don't take anything John says as the truth always check here or other disc golf sources to try and find out from actual disc golfers who have been to HBH recently.

There was trash and other stuff left over one or two days after a large music festival? Shocking. (insert sarcasm joke here)

It does suck that John flat out BS'd you. He's a shady character for sure.

Also, "peace and love crowd" is often code for "too lazy to try hard or care too much crowd". Which means they don't tend to pick up after themselves.

So what are the betting odds that Bear is playable when I head up there in 2 weeks? 10:1?

All I want is to play Bear. Not only bc I didn't get to either time I was there, but it also should be the least destroyed by the festival. I walked the course last year and only remember one hole that comes out into the open (when you are really close to Woodlands) that had a stage and a bunch of garbage - besides that Bear seemed to be unscathed. Maybe I should call John and personally ask him to mow Bear the week before we go? Somehow I doubt that'll help.

So what are the betting odds that Bear is playable when I head up there in 2 weeks? 10:1?

All I want is to play Bear. Not only bc I didn't get to either time I was there, but it also should be the least destroyed by the festival. I walked the course last year and only remember one hole that comes out into the open (when you are really close to Woodlands) that had a stage and a bunch of garbage - besides that Bear seemed to be unscathed. Maybe I should call John and personally ask him to mow Bear the week before we go? Somehow I doubt that'll help.

You'd probably have better luck contacting Abby.

Granite getting mowed today; with a little help from an eight pointer:

20245547_1519317148176335_5030493570135692779_n.jpg

20245688_1519317228176327_3625469181529320674_n.jpg

20292691_1519317251509658_6865409484147931451_n.jpg

Latest posts