• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I'm surprised there wasn't a double booked wedding.

My buddy went back to the area already (without discs) and stopped at HBH just to, idk, talk to John I guess. He said the entire part of the deck that had the hot tub is now gone. Nothing new built though, and John was saying a storm did it? Or something? Idk.

So there was supposed to be some sort of bluegrass and non-sanctioned tournament in a couple weeks. Got cancelled and pushed back to September. John said he will refund anyone who can't make September. Want to guess how many actually get refunds?
Was the festival or tournament cancelled or both??

New Update (I spoke too soon)
I did in fact receive a check in the mail yesterday for the deposit I dropped on reserving the cabin down by chesnut. I know it's crazy to many most likely but with this, I can say, other than a 1 day double booking 1 time like 5 years ago or more, I haven't had any issues with John.

Johnny's dreams, words and projects have always been ahead of his wallet.

This is a fair statement but until or if he screws me over I guess I can't tell people to stay away.
I have heard rumors of him not paying or screwing over the PDGA the year they held worlds there, but again, until I have proof or until I get screwed over or someone close to me, I can't knock it.

Just a commentary on his general orientation over many years. The underlying details might take longer than the "What is Par?" thread.

Johnny's dreams, words and projects have always been ahead of his wallet.

This is a fair statement but until or if he screws me over I guess I can't tell people to stay away.
I have heard rumors of him not paying or screwing over the PDGA the year they held worlds there, but again, until I have proof or until I get screwed over or someone close to me, I can't knock it.

Those rumors extend beyond Worlds over a decade ago.

Chuck how much does he still owe you?

Those rumors extend beyond Worlds over a decade ago.

Chuck how much does he still owe you?

While I would love to hear detail, it's not needed. If these rumors are true (which I really have no way of proving they are unless someone can say something about it) then it's a very unfortunate circumstance and I will have to think more about going to those courses and spending money there.
I just spoke for myself and my group of 8-10 at most of guys who have gone there and never had one issue with John. We had 1 guy with issues with Abby but that's a different story.

So while working at Walmart in Ironwood this morning, saw a group of kids with gauged ears and dreads and one with a Suicide Silence hoodie, so I approached them and complimented the girl on her SS shirt, me being a metalhead myself. They mentioned they were headed to Infrasound, and after they left, I observed 3-4 more groups of similiarly dressed young adults, all shopping for camping supplies.

Needless to say, I think Infra is ago, and I would advise all disc golfers to avoid HBH this weekend - and possibly a month after, cause it's supposed to rain aaaaalllll weekend, so RIP all fairways....

I just always wonder how the people at that gas station/grocery store in Mellen feel about Infra. They probably see a ton of them.

So while working at Walmart in Ironwood this morning, saw a group of kids with gauged ears and dreads and one with a Suicide Silence hoodie, so I approached them and complimented the girl on her SS shirt, me being a metalhead myself. They mentioned they were headed to Infrasound, and after they left, I observed 3-4 more groups of similiarly dressed young adults, all shopping for camping supplies.

Needless to say, I think Infra is ago, and I would advise all disc golfers to avoid HBH this weekend - and possibly a month after, cause it's supposed to rain aaaaalllll weekend, so RIP all fairways....

Bummer for anyone about to disc there. I will also say that I know nothing about running an event like this but I also imagine that rain makes any sort of cleanup/destruction so much worse. Not taking Johns side on what happened last time, but rain can only make things worse.

Bummer for anyone about to disc there. I will also say that I know nothing about running an event like this but I also imagine that rain makes any sort of cleanup/destruction so much worse. Not taking Johns side on what happened last time, but rain can only make things worse.

If it was anything like when I accidentally showed up intending to golf two years ago, it'll be an absolute cluster****. The beautiful green fairways were all chunked up mud for months after, not to mention all the trash. I'd like to say he lined up better/more trustworthy cleanup efforts this time, but I'm not too optimistic...

If it was anything like when I accidentally showed up intending to golf two years ago, it'll be an absolute cluster****. The beautiful green fairways were all chunked up mud for months after, not to mention all the trash. I'd like to say he lined up better/more trustworthy cleanup efforts this time, but I'm not too optimistic...

Yea totally, I meant more from the standpoint of what is a person going to do to stop people who are out of their mind from tearing up everything when it's raining. I think they can try to handle things better but there also might only be so much to do. I would prefer if they just didn't hold any music festivals at all, but at the same time I'm sure it's difficult to try to make money for upkeep of the courses from ONLY disc golfers on an "honor system."

They're heeeeeeeeeere!:eek::sick:

highbridge

Whats the latest news at highbridge? I heard it isn't as good any more? I have a 5 hour drive and don't want to waste time going up if the course sucks

Whats the latest news at highbridge? I heard it isn't as good any more? I have a 5 hour drive and don't want to waste time going up if the course sucks

Just read the thread. But now is a bad time. Infra is happening. So either ur gnna get there during a rave or in the aftermath.

Latest posts